Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket on your Busa?

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket on your Busa?

• Total voters
very close but life isnt over yet..:laugh:

I haven't. I did pass 4 cars on a straight away on my R6 and there was a cop on the side of the road. He called his cop friends. Good thing there was a dunkin donuts ahead cause that where he was pulling out of to catch me. He still had powdered sugar on his mustache. :rofl: True Story up till the donut part :whistle:

Not on my Busa but on a blade, speed in excess of 159mph on what you guys would call the freeway, $1200 fine, 1 year ban and retake driving test and 250 hours community work !!!! The judge was considering prison !!!!

Not on my Busa but on a blade, speed in excess of 159mph on what you guys would call the freeway, $1200 fine, 1 year ban and retake driving test and 250 hours community work !!!! The judge was considering prison !!!!

I guess your screen name describes your driving habits ! :laugh:

I did go to jail in Utah ( I was a resident at that time ) around 1989 for 109 in a 65. The UHP says anything over 40 mph past the speed limit means jail until you post bail. Bail was $250 and I only had about 220 and the SOB wouldn't lower the amount so I could skate out of there. A bonds person was already there bailing somebody else out and had already agreed to assist me with my little dilema. Friggin cop still prints and photgraphs me and I sit in jail for 20 minutes waiting for the 1st customer to get bailed out. Nephi Utah... the matresses were stinky bad in the jail... I stood until he came to get me out. Bonds lady said he was a moron and the local judge didn't like him because of his embarassing antics in court. At least he didn't have my bike towed. it was my 1st V65 Sabre... it topped out at 145 mph. See johnny... I am just like you ! :laugh:

Got caught yesterday at 90 mph in a 65 zone-automatic loss of license for 6 months, 6 demerit points (12 the limit) & $600 fine. This is in Victoria Australia & they have confiscation laws. Another 5 mph & they would have impounded my bike.

I live in Birmingham, Alabama. . Let me just say cops around here and awful!!! little story. . . I was on my GSXR600. Its 2 a.m. on a road which no one was clearly one. speed limit is 50. Im doing about 60-65. . cop passes me going opposite direction. I look back see him slam on his breaks and attempt to turn around. . As soon as I saw that. Well poor fella that was the last he saw of me. But I mean really I was just crusing. Cops here will pull you over for anything. If you ever come down here. Just watch for cops. A lot of my play time on the Busa is Sunday morning on the Interstate while very very low to no traffic. . Most people are home or at church. :D. No ticket on the busa yet thank god. I did meet this one cop in all of their defence. He helped me and my brother when my brother went down (hes fine) We shared stories for a couple hours. He was like look. Around this main Hwy and stuff we patrol everywhere. If your gonna get up on it and ride wide open find some old back roads or roads away from town. Thats what me and my buddies do. . I was like daaaaanng go cop buddy. He also told me to be careful. Nice fellow cop/rider. . thats almost as rare as a unicorn.

one last thing. . Lets say you see a cop on the side of the road waiting for someone, but you realize your probably going 3x the speed limit. Do you stop if they turn their lights on or keep going? Not running for the cops, just trying to maintain your great time your making to where ever it is your going. Cause I will admit to passing a cop at about 100 he was stopped, but heck i was 0.5 miles from home. was I in the wrong or what. Would love to hear some opinions on that.:beerchug:

Jinxing self...please no !!
Since 1973...One too loud fixit ticket....in 74. Fast forward to around 85...pulled out on the main drag at night no helmet no Headlight. explained i had an elec problem w/ my 900 Ninja. The car i was going to follow was on the side of the street and my buddy was behind on his bike...as soon as i got on the street there was the Leo. I stopped right away. He came up to me.. i gave him my license. Just as he was walking to his car my two buddies walked up to us.....he Freaked out...said YOU get back in your car and to the friend on the bike get on your bike now and get out of here..very stern voice....then he proceeded to his cruiser and my buddy just sitting there on his bike... behind the cruiser....He screamed...get out of here right now or you are going to jail !!!! I'm thinking OH BOY iv'e had it. ten or more minutes go by and he walks up to me and say's [ go ahead and do what you were going to do and you can't leave your bike here on the street] TRUE.. i will never forget it.
One more....Fast forward to 93 or so....I had a race prepped 89 FZR600...Full Muzzy...LOUD. I had been racing it a few times at Infinion and learned that the killer roll on power didn't come on untill 8000 RPM.....so here i was canyon carving on some really cool twisty's...keep'in 8000 and up..
1st 2nd 3rd gear...55 speed limit. Maybe hit a max speed of 65 just for a few seconds at a time....got down to the bottom of the canyon crossed the bridge...i thought man o man was that fun !!! I did a u-turn....crossing the bridge again i see a sheriff with the Longest arm i have ever seen waving at me with his finger. This is finally it i think..bike chained to a towtruck going to jail. At the top of his lungs he screamed [ That thing goes real fast doesn't it ] and how many more times were you going to do this. I'm sitting there with my helmet and shades on.....and said i'll do a u-turn and go home very sheepishly. His message was that he has seen too many bike motorhome etc. accidents and didn't want me to ruin his day..15 minute speech... get outta here !!!
Never been pulled over since.. 48K on the BUSA..ya gotta pick your spots..which i have quite a few around here. Lucks helps too...
Faced off on divided highway with a CHP at a Buck 50....went into town to a gas station qvivering in my shorts...He never came for me...
Sheez am i lucky or what... Someday it may happen.......

I dont speed in town either. Most of the riding down here is county roads and we have very few police so my wrist gets heavy pretty easily. Ive had the bike since Aug of last hear and the geewiz factor hasn't gone yet. I do need to slow down on the freeway cause I cant be lucky all the time.
Brother, maybe it's just me, but been riding a Busa since 2006 and the geewiz hasn't left me yet :laugh:

I take it there isnt much comradery that goes on down there. wud nvr happen in my neck of the woods but I know guys that have vacationed down south as well as florida and the west coast and they got speeding tickets and seat belt tickets.

I don't push it. I've never been pulled when I wasn't in the wrong. I don't think the counties along the NC / Tn border care for sport bikes. Hopefully I'll settle down one of these days.

Sucks man, that's right in my neck of the woods. I've heard the/one of(?) NC State Trooper school is just a bit north of here.

It's cool I was in the wrong. Had three letters from area attorneys wishing to represent me when I got home and it went down hill from there.

Back