Speeding ticket

I have written many of speeding tickets, had many challeng me in court....never lost one. The person waste half of their day waiting for traffic court to end for a trial, they lose and get stuck with the additional fees...love it. I don't have to provide proof of how fast you were going either...its all about being honest.

I have been accused of speeding 6 times in my 25 years of riding. I have gone to court on 4 of the 6 tickets and won every time I went to court. One I was out of county, it was across the state and I didn't have the time or inclination to run back and forth across the state. I did however subpoena all the tickets written that day and interestingly found that they cited only out of county or out of state drivers (43 tickets written that day, and all were cited for exactly the same speed I was cited for......hmmm) and I hired a traffic attorney for $100 and wrote my defense down for him to use on my behalf. The ticket was completely dismissed when he went to court. One of the 6 times, I was speeding and knew it. Paid my fine with no argument.

The judge has to determine who is being honest. Not all cops are honest and they are not mistake free in their actions. The same is true for citizens.

I have been accused of speeding 6 times in my 25 years of riding. I have gone to court on 4 of the 6 tickets and won every time I went to court. One I was out of county, it was across the state and I didn't have the time or inclination to run back and forth across the state. I did however subpoena all the tickets written that day and interestingly found that they cited only out of county or out of state drivers (43 tickets written that day, and all were cited for exactly the same speed I was cited for......hmmm) and I hired a traffic attorney for $100 and wrote my defense down for him to use on my behalf. The ticket was completely dismissed when he went to court. One of the 6 times, I was speeding and knew it. Paid my fine with no argument.

The judge has to determine who is being honest. Not all cops are honest and they are not mistake free in their actions. The same is true for citizens.
who is the citizen not being honest here? ummmm maybe YOU.

Really? you subpoened all tickets written that day? first of all YOU do not have the power to subpoena anything from anyone so there is first lie. and neither would your attorney have the power to subpoena tickets written by other officers to other drivers unless he was representing all of THEM in court. he can subpoena training, equipment testing and calibration for that day pertaining to YOU. no one else. so stop spreading :bs:

or should we believe that the cop that wrote YOU the ticket that day also wrote 42 other people tickets that day for the same speed and they all just happen to live out of state or out of county? yea ok.....

I worked in the traffic division for 5 years and on my BEST day I could write 20 tickets in one day. if your gonna go onto a forum and embellish your experience with a cop who gave you a ticket you might want to think before you write and come off as a total jack-ass who is lieing thru his teeth....:whistle:

so it was a conspiracy huh? all cops got together that day and wrote 43 tickets for the same speed. yea ok....:whistle: you have any more fairly tales to tell????

There are good cops and bad ones. Citizens are always gonna feel its cops/government against them. plain and simple.

I tell you what though, I've plenty of run ins with bad cops, and I have always been polite and cooperative with them, but still get a ticket for something that just makes you go... really? I think speeding tickets, personally, are just something to generate money. Just as speed cameras are. Few years back, there is a city south of where I live that had them installed on the interstate and a few hotspots around town at signal lights. They issued over 62,000 tickets that year. There was atleast 35+ that were issued to police cars. Almost all of them were let go. I have friends down there that would text me every now and then saying they just saw a patrol car turn his lights on, go through the intersection, then turn them off. All so they didn't have to stop or for whatever reason not pertaining to an emergency call. The sheriff made a statement about the cameras saying they didn't install these to generate revenue for the city but to prevent accidents due to speeding. ... bullshickaroos you didn't. Thats why here in Iowa, some higher ups are trying to get speed cameras banned all over the state. I did a little research and maybe found a handful of accidents that were directly caused by the driver speeding. The same goes for speed traps as well. Yes, this may help regulate traffic and prevent people from constant speeding, but they also set up at times where their primary targets are people who are responsible. People who have jobs early in the morning, people who are helping the economy as opposed to trying to cheat it. This erks me to no extent.

I write you a $120 speeding ticket and my village gets $7, the rest goes to the courts, etc. If cops didnt write tickets for speeding, imagine what the streets your kids play on would be like.

Court goes like this:

Judge: Officer state your name, department and badge number. Were you working on march 4, 2012 in the village of ****? Where you running radar at location ****. What did you see? At what point did the vehicle break your radar beam? How fast was it going? Did you test your radar at the start of shift and after this stop? Did this all happen in the county of *** Village of ****?

Defendent: I wasnt speeding!

Judge: Guilty, please step over to the clerk and pay the fines plus court cost.

Me: Thanks for the overtime!

who is the citizen not being honest here? ummmm maybe YOU.

Really? you subpoened all tickets written that day? first of all YOU do not have the power to subpoena anything from anyone so there is first lie. and neither would your attorney have the power to subpoena tickets written by other officers to other drivers unless he was representing all of THEM in court. he can subpoena training, equipment testing and calibration for that day pertaining to YOU. no one else. so stop spreading :bs:

or should we believe that the cop that wrote YOU the ticket that day also wrote 42 other people tickets that day for the same speed and they all just happen to live out of state or out of county? yea ok.....

I worked in the traffic division for 5 years and on my BEST day I could write 20 tickets in one day. if your gonna go onto a forum and embellish your experience with a cop who gave you a ticket you might want to think before you write and come off as a total jack-ass who is lieing thru his teeth....:whistle:

so it was a conspiracy huh? all cops got together that day and wrote 43 tickets for the same speed. yea ok....:whistle: you have any more fairly tales to tell????

I most certainly can and do have the right to subpeona!. In the state of Fla. the Sunshine law makes it our right to subpeona anything relevant to our defense. I can and do subpeona, training records, personnel records, maintenance records of vehicles, traffic engineering documenmts, site surveys taken to determine radar interference sources, calibrations and anything else that may be relevant to a defense. Look it up if ya like. Florida Sunshine Law. If the cop has been disciplined, or has complaints lodged against him/her, I'll know that and may offer that as a possible attitude problem he/she may have towards citizens as part of a defense. Like them, I use any and every tool possible when it comes time to go to court. Why do you think they make law libraries available to any of the puiblic? We have a right to face and question our accuser, and there is no rule or law that says we must have an attorney represent us. And there is no law that only an attorney has the right to subpeona. It just has to be properly introduced to the courts.

Want me to scan and make available the documents I subpeona'd? I still have all the manuals they use for the radar guns, training on issuing tickets etc. Just in case I ever may need it again.

I never said it was a conspiracy I simply stated what I discovered. 42 total tickets were written that day in that location. Not by the same cop. You made an assumption there. They had about 8 cars pulling vehicles over. Wonder why they have 8 cars there on a day that all of us were heading to the same event? I'm sure it had something to do with the public's safety. *cough* *cough* Maybe there is a chance everyone cited was doing the same speed. Not my problem, I didn't write the tickets. I would have certainly asked a lot of questions about it in court. I'd expect or hope the judge would feel the same way. The attorney didn't need to plea it down to a lesser charge or any such nonsense as that. It was completely dismissed. He stated before court privately with the officers that he was going to argue that more than one vehicle going the same speed that many times would be hard to explain. They agreed to dismiss before it was even heard. To add further detail, I was not the only one in my group that hired that attorney. He took $100 from 4 of us and spent about 8 minutes in court. He made his quck dollar as well. It was likely that they got revenues from a good number of the others so I doubt they were too upset to let us get a pass.

As Phrogg stated, it is about revenue. Plain and simple.

Court goes like this:

Judge: Officer state your name, department and badge number. Were you working on march 4, 2012 in the village of ****? Where you running radar at location ****. What did you see? At what point did the vehicle break your radar beam? How fast was it going? Did you test your radar at the start of shift and after this stop? Did this all happen in the county of *** Village of ****?

Defendent: I wasnt speeding!

Judge: Guilty, please step over to the clerk and pay the fines plus court cost.

Me: Thanks for the overtime!

Or court can go a different way:

Cut and pasted from another thread.

Officer did his canned rehearsed speech about how he found me to be exceeding the speed limit and presents the current calibration records to his radar gun just as they are trained to do. Judge ask me if I dispute any of this. Yes your honor I am going to dispute that he was not using methods he was trained and expected to use in the field. Judge paused and raised his eyebrows a bit and said "alright Mr Gibbs I'm going to see where this one goes".

My turn to defend myself. Officer, do you consider yourself literate? Yes was his response. Smug look on his face. Have you passed High school math I ask? Yes he said. Again the look. Judge already is starting to get irritated with me. Your honor I will present as evidence the training manual on proper speeding violation stops. The manual in which he read and claims to understand and has been signed off on as being properly trained. He has admitted to being literate and I will be using some basic high school math in my defense so I want to make sure he can't say he doesn't understand my defense questioning. Judge allowed it.

Hand out copies of the training manual to judge and officer.

Officer if you turn to page 12 and read us the first step in determining a speeding vehicle it says what? Officer will obtain a visual confirmation of speed of vehicle before employing use of any other measurement devices.

Officer did you do this? Ummmm yes of course I did. Alright officer, tell us how you visually established my speed. I observed you in traffic and estimated your speed to be higher based on using a fixed point of reference. (His training manual response). Excellent officer. And what was that fixed point? It was the lamppost on the corner of 3rd Ave as you passed it heading north. That is fine officer. And for how long did you visually track me to determine my speed. About 3 seconds? About 3 seconds officer? Was that about 3-5 seconds or 2-3 seconds. I don't know exactly how long but I'd day 3-5 seconds. Fine officer. No lets talk about your radar gun. You were using a handheld Stalker unit correct? Yes (He began to straighten up his spine right on the spot). Great so how long do you estimate it took you to raise the unit to begin measuring me? Oh I don't know about 3 seconds. Judge interrupts. You are badgering the officer. Your honor if you refer to the training manual it states the proper engagement of a hand held device and the officers responsibilities. (Cop is now reading that section like mad to anticipate my questions. It won't matter anyway). Your honor I want to establish if he in fact did use the trained methods as he is sworn to do. OK I'll allow it but this better get somewhere quickly. Just about 3 more should do it your honor.

So officer what is the prescribed time to correctly engage that unit on your target and ensure a proper reading making sure there are no panning errors. (How the hell does he know what a panning error is?). 4 seconds. OK officer so we have 4 seconds plus and estimated 3 seconds it took you to raise the gun and lock in on me, plus your estimate of 3 seconds give or take a second to visually verify my speed before that. Correct? Yes. OK officer do you wish to re-think any of your answers you have given thus far. No. OK fine so we are all certain that you are testifying 10 seconds at least correct? Yes. Now then officer where did you pull me over? I pulled you over just after Knights Ave on the eastbound side heading north. That is correct officer I have no dispute there and am in total agreement. Was I slow to pull over or did it take awhile for me to. No you pulled right over. Thank you officer. And did you find me cooperative and prepared with all my documents? Yes. Was I polite and prompt? Yes. Thank you officer.

Officer do you know the distance between the lamppost on 3rd Ave and Knights Ave. No I don't. I don't really care. Since you are trained to visually judge distance you can estimate it with a pretty high degree of accuracy right?right? Yes. OK give us your estimate. 250 feet was his resonse. Your honor I'd like to present into evidence the traffic engineering documents held at the city that shows this stretch of Highway 1 in which I was traveling north on. The judge is beginning to take some interest now. So we have no dispute, does everyone know how to read the key that shows how much distance per inch? Officer if you need any help I can show you. (My turn to demean him some now). I have this calculator and ruler you can use if you'd like. I held them out. Judge sort of smiled and the rest of the people waiting in court started laughing. Officer refused them.

OK then I have measured this and submit that the distance between the lamppost and the point I was pulled over was 312 feet. Everyone wanna check that info. Judge actually did ask for a ruler. He took a minute and agreed. He said I don't know about the 2 feet but I will agree you've done your homework enough to say its probably right on. I paced it off with a roller ruler to make double sure your honor.

OK now to save time and all sorts of calculators being used, I'd like to submit a spreadsheet that uses simple high school math to show an object traveling at various speeds and what distance they would travel. It will save us all a lot of work and calculating as we go. It shows my formulas in easy to understand high school terms. The formula is (D)istance =(S)peed divided by (T)ime. Judge allows it and I gave the baliff the spreadsheets to hand out.

Now officer you originally wrote on my ticket that I was traveling at 52 MPH correct. Yes. And you did me a favor by writing it up at 45 to "help me out" right? Yes. OK officer using the concept of division which you claimed to have passed in high school do you feel you need any help in understanding this spreadsheet? If you'd like to check my work using a calculator to make sure there is no errors (as I again held out the calculator). Do you feel you'd need any help in using a calculator (My turn to treat him like he treated me on the side of the road)? Of course he says no. By now he isn't going to fall for anything I offer. In fact I made the first line easy. 60 MPH = 88 feet per second. Multiply 88 times 60 seconds and we get 5280 feet or one mile. Follow along officer? He is showing signs of being visually pissed about now.

Now officer lets look at 52 MPH. Go ahead find it there on the spreadsheet. The little square that has a 5 and 2. At 52 MPH I'm traveling at 76 feet per second, correct? Yes And as you testified you took 10 seconds to verify my speed as trained correct. Yes (He can't back out now). So at 52 mph how many feet have I traveled in 10 seconds. Ummm it says 763. His face is getting red now. Now officer since you did me a favor let me ask you to do me one. Lets look at 45 and see how far I went in 10- seconds. The answer 660 Feet.

Now officer if Knights Ave. was 312 feet from the time you saw me speed to the time you pulled me over, and none of us are disputing that as fact, how is it that I am doing 45 let alone 50. No answer. Now officer look in the time column there and see what speed it says I was doing if I traveled 312 feet. It says 20 at 300 feet he replies. So officer is it safe to assume that you being literate and having passed high school that 312 feet would be closer to say 22-25 than it would be 45-52. No answer. Do you need my calculator officer? More laughter from the people waiting their turn. He stood there with the veins on his forehead now showing and throbbing. Your honor do you have any questions for me? Mr. Gibbs are you saying you were doing 25 MPH and disputing the officers accusation. Your honor I believe I was doing 30 to 32, but it appears by the officers testimony that I was actually doing more like 25 so I guess I will say I am disputing any speed he claims I was doing as we have already used the facts as he presented them to disprove I was doing anything close to 45. The judge pondered a bit. Your honor do you have any more questions for me? Mr Gibbs do you realize that you have to ask for a case to be dismissed? No your honor I did not. The judge said Mr. Gibbs do you have any questions for me? At this time I would request a dismissal. Request for dismissal approved.

End of cut and paste.

This took hours of my time to prepare for. The courts are there to listen and judge by the facts, lack of facts or evidence or lack of. The cops have done this about 500 times so they give the trained responses and rarely expect an actual defense by us dumba**es on the road.

Or court can go a different way:

Cut and pasted from another thread.

Officer did his canned rehearsed speech about how he found me to be exceeding the speed limit and presents the current calibration records to his radar gun just as they are trained to do. Judge ask me if I dispute any of this. Yes your honor I am going to dispute that he was not using methods he was trained and expected to use in the field. Judge paused and raised his eyebrows a bit and said "alright Mr Gibbs I'm going to see where this one goes".

My turn to defend myself. Officer, do you consider yourself literate? Yes was his response. Smug look on his face. Have you passed High school math I ask? Yes he said. Again the look. Judge already is starting to get irritated with me. Your honor I will present as evidence the training manual on proper speeding violation stops. The manual in which he read and claims to understand and has been signed off on as being properly trained. He has admitted to being literate and I will be using some basic high school math in my defense so I want to make sure he can't say he doesn't understand my defense questioning. Judge allowed it.

Hand out copies of the training manual to judge and officer.

Officer if you turn to page 12 and read us the first step in determining a speeding vehicle it says what? Officer will obtain a visual confirmation of speed of vehicle before employing use of any other measurement devices.

Officer did you do this? Ummmm yes of course I did. Alright officer, tell us how you visually established my speed. I observed you in traffic and estimated your speed to be higher based on using a fixed point of reference. (His training manual response). Excellent officer. And what was that fixed point? It was the lamppost on the corner of 3rd Ave as you passed it heading north. That is fine officer. And for how long did you visually track me to determine my speed. About 3 seconds? About 3 seconds officer? Was that about 3-5 seconds or 2-3 seconds. I don't know exactly how long but I'd day 3-5 seconds. Fine officer. No lets talk about your radar gun. You were using a handheld Stalker unit correct? Yes (He began to straighten up his spine right on the spot). Great so how long do you estimate it took you to raise the unit to begin measuring me? Oh I don't know about 3 seconds. Judge interrupts. You are badgering the officer. Your honor if you refer to the training manual it states the proper engagement of a hand held device and the officers responsibilities. (Cop is now reading that section like mad to anticipate my questions. It won't matter anyway). Your honor I want to establish if he in fact did use the trained methods as he is sworn to do. OK I'll allow it but this better get somewhere quickly. Just about 3 more should do it your honor.

So officer what is the prescribed time to correctly engage that unit on your target and ensure a proper reading making sure there are no panning errors. (How the hell does he know what a panning error is?). 4 seconds. OK officer so we have 4 seconds plus and estimated 3 seconds it took you to raise the gun and lock in on me, plus your estimate of 3 seconds give or take a second to visually verify my speed before that. Correct? Yes. OK officer do you wish to re-think any of your answers you have given thus far. No. OK fine so we are all certain that you are testifying 10 seconds at least correct? Yes. Now then officer where did you pull me over? I pulled you over just after Knights Ave on the eastbound side heading north. That is correct officer I have no dispute there and am in total agreement. Was I slow to pull over or did it take awhile for me to. No you pulled right over. Thank you officer. And did you find me cooperative and prepared with all my documents? Yes. Was I polite and prompt? Yes. Thank you officer.

Officer do you know the distance between the lamppost on 3rd Ave and Knights Ave. No I don't. I don't really care. Since you are trained to visually judge distance you can estimate it with a pretty high degree of accuracy right?right? Yes. OK give us your estimate. 250 feet was his resonse. Your honor I'd like to present into evidence the traffic engineering documents held at the city that shows this stretch of Highway 1 in which I was traveling north on. The judge is beginning to take some interest now. So we have no dispute, does everyone know how to read the key that shows how much distance per inch? Officer if you need any help I can show you. (My turn to demean him some now). I have this calculator and ruler you can use if you'd like. I held them out. Judge sort of smiled and the rest of the people waiting in court started laughing. Officer refused them.

OK then I have measured this and submit that the distance between the lamppost and the point I was pulled over was 312 feet. Everyone wanna check that info. Judge actually did ask for a ruler. He took a minute and agreed. He said I don't know about the 2 feet but I will agree you've done your homework enough to say its probably right on. I paced it off with a roller ruler to make double sure your honor.

OK now to save time and all sorts of calculators being used, I'd like to submit a spreadsheet that uses simple high school math to show an object traveling at various speeds and what distance they would travel. It will save us all a lot of work and calculating as we go. It shows my formulas in easy to understand high school terms. The formula is (D)istance =(S)peed divided by (T)ime. Judge allows it and I gave the baliff the spreadsheets to hand out.

Now officer you originally wrote on my ticket that I was traveling at 52 MPH correct. Yes. And you did me a favor by writing it up at 45 to "help me out" right? Yes. OK officer using the concept of division which you claimed to have passed in high school do you feel you need any help in understanding this spreadsheet? If you'd like to check my work using a calculator to make sure there is no errors (as I again held out the calculator). Do you feel you'd need any help in using a calculator (My turn to treat him like he treated me on the side of the road)? Of course he says no. By now he isn't going to fall for anything I offer. In fact I made the first line easy. 60 MPH = 88 feet per second. Multiply 88 times 60 seconds and we get 5280 feet or one mile. Follow along officer? He is showing signs of being visually pissed about now.

Now officer lets look at 52 MPH. Go ahead find it there on the spreadsheet. The little square that has a 5 and 2. At 52 MPH I'm traveling at 76 feet per second, correct? Yes And as you testified you took 10 seconds to verify my speed as trained correct. Yes (He can't back out now). So at 52 mph how many feet have I traveled in 10 seconds. Ummm it says 763. His face is getting red now. Now officer since you did me a favor let me ask you to do me one. Lets look at 45 and see how far I went in 10- seconds. The answer 660 Feet.

Now officer if Knights Ave. was 312 feet from the time you saw me speed to the time you pulled me over, and none of us are disputing that as fact, how is it that I am doing 45 let alone 50. No answer. Now officer look in the time column there and see what speed it says I was doing if I traveled 312 feet. It says 20 at 300 feet he replies. So officer is it safe to assume that you being literate and having passed high school that 312 feet would be closer to say 22-25 than it would be 45-52. No answer. Do you need my calculator officer? More laughter from the people waiting their turn. He stood there with the veins on his forehead now showing and throbbing. Your honor do you have any questions for me? Mr. Gibbs are you saying you were doing 25 MPH and disputing the officers accusation. Your honor I believe I was doing 30 to 32, but it appears by the officers testimony that I was actually doing more like 25 so I guess I will say I am disputing any speed he claims I was doing as we have already used the facts as he presented them to disprove I was doing anything close to 45. The judge pondered a bit. Your honor do you have any more questions for me? Mr Gibbs do you realize that you have to ask for a case to be dismissed? No your honor I did not. The judge said Mr. Gibbs do you have any questions for me? At this time I would request a dismissal. Request for dismissal approved.

End of cut and paste.

This took hours of my time to prepare for. The courts are there to listen and judge by the facts, lack of facts or evidence or lack of. The cops have done this about 500 times so they give the trained responses and rarely expect an actual defense by us dumba**es on the road.

Wouldn't fly in my county...but even if it did and you were found not guilty, I dont care...I get paid the same and you wasted a week to get out of a small fine.

Wouldn't fly in my county...but even if it did and you were found not guilty, I don't care...I get paid the same and you wasted a week to get out of a small fine.

Sums up a lot of the problem. You don't care if we spend a week (by the way it took me weeks all totaled) proving our innocence. You get paid weather you're right or wrong. Meanwhile a lot of hassle for the public that is supposed to be served by law enforcement.

Small fine? In whose eyes? If I roll over and pay the 200+ fine, I then have points on my license, raised insurance rates. Ends up being a lot more than a little. And you guys are very aware of these facts. I don't care if you don't care. I do.

If you had to pay the court cost for any ticket that you wrote, got dismissed in court, I feel comfortable you'd care more.

get a lawyer for $71 ticket?? you gotta b kidding me.... heck if your even gonna consider getting a lawyer, just pay the $71 ticket. i fought a $200 ticket w/o a lawyer and won.

Like someone mentioned, go to your local library and do some research. If you can, take some time off and sit in a court room and see how the process goes- you will be surprised how much you can learn. remind the judge the officer did not know EXACTLY how fast you were going. If the cop tries to change he's story, get the radar info-date,time, last calibration, etc.

if you get your court date, request a different day right away. this buys you more time and chances of the officer not being able to make it on your 2ND court date.

Good luck.

Travis here is some links that you may want to use in your decisions. These are starting points and not meant to be all inclusive of what you will need but will help you get started.

Indiana does have Freedom of Information (Sunshine) Law. Looks very similar to Florida which I used in the above post. Start here and research. Indiana Access to Public Records Act - Sunshine Review

Request for Discovery. The Request for Discovery in a speeding ticket trial.

How to subpoena documents. How to Subpoena Documents | Nolo.com

The Indiana statute that spells out out how to Subpoena. Indiana Code 35-37-5. You specifically would be issuing a Subpoena Duces Tecum (Subpoena for documents). You are the defendant.

Don't know what county you are in so you go here to pick your county. Indiana Rules of Civil Procedure, Motions, Pleadings, Oppositions and Responses

Specifically police records. Who can subpoena police records in indiana? | Answerbag. Yes they will charge you by the page a fee which is also governed by law.

Not gonna be able to build your defense in 2 hours so don't go about it half baked. This will be a commitment of time that you need to know you can make.

But when some cop says you can't. You gotta show you can.

police departments dont make money from writing tickets. the courts or the state makes the money. cops get nothing out of writing infractions other then they have a job to do which is enforce speeding laws. there is no revenue generated to that PD for writing a 100 tickets vs. writing 5. makes no difference at all.

people get all bent out of shape when a cop writes someone a tickets as tho he's targeting them personally....???

when a ticket is issued you have lost period. even if you go to court and beat it which is extremely rare you have still burned a day off and or spent money on an attorney. so either way you have lost.

ppl get all excited when they beat the ticket as tho there was no consequence for getting the ticket in the first place. (time off work, stress, research, lost sleep, att. fees, sitting with animals in court, paying for parking at court, court fees, etc....) so you didnt beat anything other then ur brain stressing over it.

its usually the guys with chitty attitutudes that get the tickets and then brag to their friends about how they did this that and the other thing to get out of paying in court when it was their chitty attitude that got them the ticket in the first place which in most cases was avoidable since many cops have motorcycles and know they can accelerate very quick yet also stop very quick.

Its NOT rare to beat a speeding ticket or have it reduced into a non moving violation. I personally used to be traffic court on a regular bases in my younger years while I used to be a field engineer in NJ.
Yes the court system hopes you just flop over and pay the ticket. They dont want you in court!!
Use your rights reschedule the court date as many times legally as you can. Its your right!
Now as I am older I dont get speeding tickets or deal with cops so I couldnt really tell you how it is in court now a days.

police departments dont make money from writing tickets. the courts or the state makes the money. cops get nothing out of writing infractions other then they have a job to do which is enforce speeding laws. there is no revenue generated to that PD for writing a 100 tickets vs. writing 5. makes no difference at all.

people get all bent out of shape when a cop writes someone a tickets as tho he's targeting them personally....???

when a ticket is issued you have lost period. even if you go to court and beat it which is extremely rare you have still burned a day off and or spent money on an attorney. so either way you have lost.

ppl get all excited when they beat the ticket as tho there was no consequence for getting the ticket in the first place. (time off work, stress, research, lost sleep, att. fees, sitting with animals in court, paying for parking at court, court fees, etc....) so you didnt beat anything other then ur brain stressing over it.

its usually the guys with chitty attitutudes that get the tickets and then brag to their friends about how they did this that and the other thing to get out of paying in court when it was their chitty attitude that got them the ticket in the first place which in most cases was avoidable since many cops have motorcycles and know they can accelerate very quick yet also stop very quick.

Wait wait wait....weren't you the guy that called me a liar before? You're the guy that wrote this correct?

"who is the citizen not being honest here? ummmm maybe YOU.

Really? you subpoened all tickets written that day? first of all YOU do not have the power to subpoena anything from anyone so there is first lie. and neither would your attorney have the power to subpoena tickets written by other officers to other drivers unless he was representing all of THEM in court. he can subpoena training, equipment testing and calibration for that day pertaining to YOU. no one else. so stop spreading

I worked in the traffic division for 5 years and on my BEST day I could write 20 tickets in one day. if your gonna go onto a forum and embellish your experience with a cop who gave you a ticket you might want to think before you write and come off as a total jack-ass who is lieing thru his teeth....

so it was a conspiracy huh? all cops got together that day and wrote 43 tickets for the same speed. yea ok.... you have any more fairly tales to tell?" This was you right?

Now you state the that the only ones that go to court are the ones with bad attitudes? Really?

Ummm ever thought you may have made a mistake in accusing someone of being a liar or spreading fairy tales?

Please tell me you are no longer in law enforcement.

Trade the Busa for a scooter. Problem solved. :laugh:

Bad cops give all a bad name same as bad gun owners.
We only heard about one whacko shooting folks in Colorado and not about the other 160 million gun owners who didn't.
We only hear about the bad cops and not the thousands who do their jobs diligently daily.
Did anyone hear about the PBSO deputy who fought off a knife wielding attacker and saved grannies life yesterday? Nope!

think about the times you was let go or ignored because of "time and place" don't think they don't exist,I won't even mention the speed on one occasion on the net............... and a about 10 days ago heading to work......knowing a trooper since high school helps too :laugh:

Not all tickets are the same. The amount is usually determined by every MPH over the limit.

Wait wait wait....weren't you the guy that called me a liar before? You're the guy that wrote this correct?

"who is the citizen not being honest here? ummmm maybe YOU.

Really? you subpoened all tickets written that day? first of all YOU do not have the power to subpoena anything from anyone so there is first lie. and neither would your attorney have the power to subpoena tickets written by other officers to other drivers unless he was representing all of THEM in court. he can subpoena training, equipment testing and calibration for that day pertaining to YOU. no one else. so stop spreading

I worked in the traffic division for 5 years and on my BEST day I could write 20 tickets in one day. if your gonna go onto a forum and embellish your experience with a cop who gave you a ticket you might want to think before you write and come off as a total jack-ass who is lieing thru his teeth....

so it was a conspiracy huh? all cops got together that day and wrote 43 tickets for the same speed. yea ok.... you have any more fairly tales to tell?" This was you right?

Now you state the that the only ones that go to court are the ones with bad attitudes? Really?

Ummm ever thought you may have made a mistake in accusing someone of being a liar or spreading fairy tales?

Please tell me you are no longer in law enforcement.
you are full of chit. there is no doubt about it but there is no need in beating a dead horse....:deadhorse: the ones that go to court are USUALLY the ones with bad attitudes? its ppl like you that go to court cause you think ur smarter then the cop. your not. which is why you've been cited so many times and been to court. its not rocket science. now were using the word "ONLY"? go back and read what I said. I said "USUALLY".

you sure it wasnt 143 tickets issued that day at all the same speed? you didnt subpoena chit! so yea go tell ur fairy tales somewhere else....:whistle:

u didnt beat chit. u went to court and lost either a days pay or burned an entire vacation day doing it while the cop it getting paid $60 an hour...:whistle: we in LE appreciate ppl like you. keep running ur mouth when u get stopped so you can get that ticket so we can get paid OT to be in court. thanx.

Back