well...first speeding ticket ever on a bike..and it was a good one

i was doin 140 with a state cop behind me last summer i thought i was cooked i let off the throttle and she went rite around me it was on the express way i had to pull over after that one still had the paper plate on to

Texas is on a point system now,,, NEVER NEVER Pay for a ticket!!!!
Take it to a Lawyer.... get if off your record,,, Your just a slip away from losing your license and Insurance....
Mike

I thought anything 20+ over in NC was automatic jail? That's what I was told anyway....

In some states the idea is: Double the speed limit or more is reckless. Might want to check your state's online .gov website or call you local PD station / Non-Emergency Line (not 911).

I guess we do have it easy in Fl was doing 85 in a 55 and the state trooper just passed me on the left like I was going under the speed limit. Down here you have to be acting the fool to get pulled over. Good thing i I don't do foolish things on the Busa :whistle:

I guess we do have it easy in Fl was doing 85 in a 55 and the state trooper just passed me on the left like I was going under the speed limit. Down here you have to be acting the fool to get pulled over.

You are the first person I've ever heard that from. Most people make it sound like FL police are on a special mission to bust everyone on two wheels.

Old thread BUT... my 66 year old friend...got popped for 89 in a 55....california today..wonder what thats gonna cost... ???

I got clocked @ 183 in a 50 cost around 1200 just to get outta jail plus I had to get my bike outta impound........I framed that ticket if not no one would've believed I was going that fast
Posted via Mobile Device

got a speeding ticket on the busa Saturday. was clocked at 98 in a 65 on the bypass around town. a town cop said he clocked me and radioed ahead. I was pulled 8 miles away by a county dept. was not speeding then. now I know being that this is a busa forum, MANY people on here have gotten tickets of this nature. what was the outcome? how much did it end up costing you? I called one lawyer and he wants $450 and he said the best he could do was have it reduced to a careless and reckless! I haven't been pulled for speeding in the past 4 years and it was dropped. my driving record is perfect.

any ideas on what I can expect? if it does get dropped to careless and reckless.. that's 4 points! how much could I expect insurance to go up?

lets here everyone else's experience
Did the officer that saw you allegedly speeding come identify you?

PRO TIP:

For this case to even to to trial (which you probably want it to) BOTH officers must be present to bear witness. One cannot testify for the other as this is hearsay. If both officers do not show, ticket is dropped on grounds of inadequate prosecution (or some other legalize term).

Mine was a 100 in 55 @ $1148. I am wool glad I didn't downshift.
Posted via Mobile Device

no, you should have. I passed a CHP around a 100, he was hiding in traffic when i was making **** happen in the carpool lane. i downshifted, didnt look back and was in it to win it and i took the top podium finish. They better call the chopper A LOT faster next time is all i gotta say.

Well I think I got off better than anyone else got three tickets for 128 in a 45, reckless operation, and resisting by flight from an officer and all I had to do is pay 125.00 fine because it was an election year and nothing went on my license. But I did learn my lesson

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

idk about where you live but in maine they are very strict abut it. 30 over is crim speeding with possible jail time of a year. ended up spending of $1500 on just the lawyer then $500 tic then court fees also lost my license for a month... at the time i got arrested there was a rash of people speeding 100plus and running i think they wanted to make an example of me. :(

Wow, I got pulled over for 80+ in a 60 on my old gs500 and got a $200 ticket. The only thing that happened was 6 months later when I got married my wife's insurance dropped her for my ticket:laugh: I'm just glad the stater never got a good speed on me.
Good luck with your issue

Back