By Manner???

slep_rock

Registered
Today wasn't my day.
I stopped didn't run when i saw the blue lights. Speeding clocked 113 in a 50 - locked at 106 if it makes a difference:banghead:.
Reckless/Careless, bike towed, taken to the MP station for command to come get me :-(
A disagreement between the arresting civ contracted mil policeman and soldier MP..referencing reckless/careless by "manner" or by "speed". soldier pushed for "speed" other guy, who won, said it was "manner"
LEOs please explain

I think manner in as to what manner you were speeding. Was it in a reckless manner or in control.

Oh damn... Sorry there bud. I know speeding tickets for us marines, we get hammered hard if we get one....

I hope the best for you brother...

That would be a felony here.....well, at least it used to be 50 mph over. Not sure if it still is, but I think it is.

Should have run???

that sucks man, us military boys get double whammied when it comes to the law. best of luck to you.

if he was on base, which it sounds like, there would be no way to get away. they'd put up those barriers up in a heartbeat so you couldn't get off base. if i was off base though, going that fast already i might have taken my chances and twisted that throttle even more.

You said it right..will be slammed twice..thus far no UCMJ will be applied. They're checking the blocks on MSF Courses, Refresher TNG and boring all day Saturday Driver Improvement TNG. Pending loss of on base driving priviledges set to begin 14 Nov. No court date yet. Also got a lawyer to help reduce the fines (somewhat at least) still gotta pay his fees though..he ain't cheap..LOL
Couldn't have ran..on base..loads of MPs and big azz barriers to jump.

that will sting for a while....I just have to ask a silly question...what the heck made you do this on base?

that sucks man, us military boys get double whammied when it comes to the law. best of luck to you.

if he was on base, which it sounds like, there would be no way to get away. they'd put up those barriers up in a heartbeat so you couldn't get off base. if i was off base though, going that fast already i might have taken my chances and twisted that throttle even more.

off base you get away with a lot more.. you show the police your military ID. they cut you a huge brake.. unless your in the town with the base.. Ive learned the Disabled Vet tag keeps most cops from even pulling you over..

Do what your lawyer says, it sounds like he isnt cheap, but in my experience (yes, I have experience in this) he's more than worth it. Just be good, from now on...

Man, I think if you guys are out there giving your LIFE for us... whats a litlle flick of the wrist?? I dread the day I get caught...

Thank you for the service.

Back