Speeding Story Contest

Who has the best speeding story?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
OK All,

Entry date is now closed so the prize for the contest is this (Kmart.com). It is slightly used (about 2-3 hours in my garage - never been out on bike). And no I didn't pay that for it and was a bit surprised when I saw what it goes for now! But I promised so the winner gets it.

Voting will be open until Monday, March 30. Person with the most votes wins. If there is a tie the person with the most posts wins the prize.

1. Twobrothersbusa: I've attended many bashes. ...I was coming down to Robbinsville and was the lead rider and got pegged for going 62 or so in a 55....see Loomis for video. I had a couple stop with me for nothing but we're here for you.

1. IG.: I was nice, and paid the price.

121 in 50, plus 'following too closely'. Attorney. Fees. I kept my license. 15 points stayed on my license for a few months, and then expired as the 18 months period since the violation occurred has ended.

A short speed run, saw no cops, seemingly no unmarked cars, was way ahead of traffic on a virtually empty highway... As I slowed down and was taking the exit, an unmarked car pushes me to the shoulder. Turned out to be a stater trooper... A few min lecture which I hardly heard through the ear plugs... "you gonna lose your license"... "at least you are wearing safety gear...". Luckily, the trooper didn't take the bike.

It happened some years ago. I went for a short ride on a highway I knew well. There was an empty stretch of road ahead of me for 1/2 mile or so - perfect for experiencing those 10-15 sec. of joy. Three cars in front of me blocking me. I hesitated and decided not to go between the cars being concerned this may scare the drivers. Waited another half a minute or so until one of the cars moved ahead, thus creating an opening. Went through, and did my thing.

Turns out an unmarked unit caught up to me while I was waiting for the opening "following too closely". After I went through the opening, so did the unmarked unit and apparently was following me all the way until I slowed down for the exit. The road in front of me was practically empty for good half a mile or more, with maybe 2-3 cars total, all in the middle or right lanes.

Never again will I be that nice and wait for a clearing. BTW, this is one example where my radar detector was absolutely useless. The trooper simply looked at his speedometer.

1. TallTom: It was in 1988. Back when I had few more bucks into toys than I do these days. I had a Porsche and a new German G/F in Florida. Between Orlando airport and where I lived there are only 2 ways to get back and forth from these 2 points. Its about 60ish miles. One was interstate and the other was a back road 4 lane highway that at that time was pretty much zero traveled. It was the boonies back then. But a great road.

I had been in Budapest for 3 months on business. Trust me there was SOOOOO much temptation there to stray, but I didn't. Hence I was in a hurry to get home. My flight arrived at 1AM. You don't have a lot of choice there. She came to the airport in a trench coat to meet me. I could barely make it through baggage claim without a public display.

I was hauling ass home with her in the car, we were both ummmm errrr anxious let's say to get home.

It was like 2AM and I hadn't seen anything less than triple digits for miles. To tell you the truth I can't say how fast it was, as I had my mind focused on getting home quickly with both hands on the wheel.....lol.

I blew past a cop, didn't even know it. All of a sudden I saw blue lights in my rearview mirror. C R A P!!!!!!

I pulled over, had my license and registration already out. I noticed he unsnapped his pistol strap as he exited his car. Never a good sign. He approached from the passenger side. Sir do you know why I stopped you? Yes sir because I was hauling ass. He said I clocked you at 130. What in the hell are you thinking? Sir I have been gone for 3 months. I haven't touched a woman in those 3 months. I have been a really good boy and REALLY want to get home and spend some time with my g/f here. If you are going to ticket me please do so quickly.

Son I may arrest you. Officer if you so can I please have 10 minutes alone with her before you do so? Because if not, I don't think I can promise that the back of your car won't get messed up, as she has already shown me in the airport parking lot what she has on under that trench coat. If you were any kind of a man you'd understand this.

That caused him to pause a bit. He shined the light on her in the passenger seat. From head to toe. Ma'am do you have anything illegal on you? Being the smart girl she was, she spoke to him in German. He had NO CLUE what she said. She said to him that she didn't speak English but a very little. (She was fluent in English...lol).

He kind of just didn't know where to go with this at that point. So I figured I had nothing to lose. Officer, you seriously are going to tell me that if you hadn't touched a woman in 3 months, and this is what you came home to, that you wouldn't be in a hurry to get her home? My car is perfectly safe at these speeds, there isn't a soul in sight, and I know what's underneath that trench coat.

Sir...wait right here. He checked me out, found I had no record and that all my paperwork was up to speed. He came back....this time to the drivers side of the car. Sir I appreciate your honesty. You have a clean record, lets not ruin that tonight. Please drive safely with both hands on the wheel and try to slow it down a little. I looked up at him to make eye contact. He winked at me and said....Have a Nice night.

I hauled ass the rest of the way home.......LOL

1. Jellyrug: I don't qualify for the prize, as MC already sent me a can of Rossi juice.

But this is a funny true story:

I'm a competitive cyclist and once there were two LEO's sitting in town at the bottom of a steep incline.

With a bit of a tailwind, coming down the hill, head flat on the bars of the bicycle I was flying, so I get to the bottom and the one LEO waves me to stop and I pull over.

LEO: "How fast do you think you were going down this hill? Can I have your ID please?"

Me: "Sure, here is my ID."

LEO: "How fast do you think you were going ?"

Me: "Sir, I have no freekin idea how fast I was going. You see sir, the fuse that works my windshield wipers, my air conditioner and my speedometer is blown, and I cannot find anyone who can fix it. Would you mind giving it a shot sir? Or do you want to cite me for faulty equipment which cannot be repaired? "

The other LEO comes over and starts laughing, eventually they both have a chuckle, ask me to slow down a bit next time and be careful. When I asked them how fast I was going, the reply was: "You don't want to know, and if we tell you we have to cite you."

1. Viperwhitebusa: i would love to participate in this but its pointless at this time! So here a re a few of my stories...

I was in my 1991 ford mustang lx 5.8 gt 40 heads and intake, 100 shot, inter-cooler, 25 lbs of boost, borla exhaust,plenty of dino time ya know my pride and joy. It was roughly 2 in the morning i was headed home from work on i29 heading north to Missouri Valley which is were i lived at the time. If you know the area at all its a dead interstate at this time of morning. I didn't see anyone and really hadn't tested this car out much so i decided now was the time. Not a soul in site. Around honey creek i put the pedal to the metal and grabbed a hand full of nos max boost and rolled. I came around the bend at roughly 150 still accelerating. It was awesome and one hell of a rush i shut her down at 165 mph. Got off on my exit at Missouri Valley and hit the gas station there. Pumped up some good 92 octane and headed inside to pay. I came back out after paying and noticed a car pulling into the gas station. Looked a little closer it was an unmarked Iowa state trooper car. So i get to my drivers door and low and behold the lights come on. Mr Officer steps out of his vehicle walks up to me and asks were i have been tonight. I said just getting off work heading home. He asks me just how fast was i traveling on the way home......At this moment i paused...Does this guy know what i had just done or is he fishing.... I thought better of lieing to him so i said i was moving right along...You know kind of an open answer. He asked if i needed a refresher on precisely how fast i was going. My stomach dropped. He knew. I said honestly i wasn't really paying attention to the speed o officer but i was moving. His response was i clocked you at 157 mph as you went by me. I said wow i didn't see you anywhere. He was sitting in the center median by the old weight station that used to be there. He said you went buy me so fast it shook my car and at first i wasn't sure what had happened...he apparently was sitting doing paperwork on the one and only other car i saw that night heading south. It took him almost 5 minutes to catch up to me and get to the station. My list of tickets was thoroughly impressive. he wrote me for 155 mph in a 65 zone. Wrote me for reckless driving, excessive acceleration, reckless endangerment, no plates, no proof of insurance, fleeing, and last but not least a broken tail light. I will not mention how much it cost me cash wise, but i did go to jail, stayed in jail till court, had 2000 hours of community service, lost my dl for 1 year, on probation 1 year, and had to carry high risk insurance for 5 years. Now let me say i was young when this happened. The no insurance was dropped as i had full coverage, the no plates was dropped as i had them as well just in the trunk...fresh body work hadn't put them on yet. Nice thing about the whole situation, they didnt tow my car! Officer let me drive it home and followed me and picked me up from home! Damn nicest thing an officer has ever done for me!

1. Flatlandbusa: I am sure that I have recounted this one here before...

It was August 2005, five of us were headed out of town on a four lane road around midnight. I was on my 954, the other bikes were 2- 954's, 636 and a Can-o-tuna 600.

We were running about 80-85 MPH when I spotted a pair of head lights closing on us extremely rapidly, I was about ready to leave the area very rapidly as I didn't want to get run over. I had already downshifted my Honda to 3rd gear and was about a tenth of a second from ripping on it when the rapidly closing car turned on red and blue lights. Right then the thought of running ran through my head, but I had just returned the license plate to its proper location earlier in the week, so I pulled over along with one of the other 954 riders. The officer got out of his car and started screaming at us about going to jail and getting our bikes towed if we didn't give him the names of the other riders. Funny how threats cause me to have amnesia, and I couldn't remember any of the other riders names or remember having met them before that night. LOL

In the mean time the 636, can-o-tuna and the remaining 954 vacated the area. The can-o-tuna eventually turned around and came back to an intersection we had passed (him doing that would make our later court case a home run). The officer continued to scream at us and issue threats, while trying to operate his radio that had come off his belt and was in a swinging, tangled mess of mic cord. Finally two other troopers showed up and one of them stood with us and the other started talking to the first officer trying to calm him down and sort out what was happening. The officer who stood over by us said that he couldn't understand why a traffic stop had the first trooper so excited. By now a fourth trooper had found the can-o-tuna rider who was stopped, sitting along side his bike with his helmet off.

All three of us ended up with identical tickets, 107 MPH speeding, racing on the highway, and willful reckless driving.

The next day we contacted a local traffic attorney and told his what happened, and he told us that our case would be almost guaranteed to come out not guilty due to the fact that the officer wrote identical tickets to three separate people with one in a separate location, not to mention the unprofessional attitude of the officer and his threats. Once in court the officer claimed that he could visually estimate the speed of motorcycles on a dark unlit road within 2 MPH accuracy. Then our attorney caught the officer in a lie about his radar gun being able to track more than two vehicles at once, even pulling out the operators manual for the radar installed in the troopers cruiser and asking him to show where it said it could track 3 vehicles. Finally he started badgering the county attorney to show the video of the stop at which point the county attorney approached the bench resulting in the case getting dismissed...

Didn't read the stories but voted for talltom. I have always enjoyed his speeding stories, etc.

Remember, I do not qualify!!!

I will leave this one for Jon, (Loomis) to tell one day, I was the one who took the pic. :laugh:

Loomis.jpg

Loomis.jpg

If anyone of the contestants posts a new speed story in this thread and wins the vote they are disqualified (Jelly?).

I liked all the stories but voted for Flatland because it was a MOTORCYCLE story (not auto/car) and they got away with it. :laugh:

OK ladies and gentleman! TallTom is our winner. PM me your mailing address and the prize is yours!

OK ladies and gentleman! TallTom is our winner. PM me your mailing address and the prize is yours!

Now that's cool....:bowdown:

Right here in random... Ask some of the "Old Timers" what I used to in and with "Random".

Very cool Fallen.:beerchug:

RSD.

I had forgotten about this. It doesn't show up in my new post list. Heck If I had known what the prize was, I'd have voted for myself. I am sorta like ....cool looking unit.

Thanks for the contest Fallen.

Back