Way Bad Speeding Ticket - What's your story?

twowheeler1300

Donating Member
Registered
Well, it finally happened.  Now I’m not as young as I used to be. Or at least that what they tell me.  I should know better.  Fact is, I do know better.  Ever since I got this race rocket I’ve been testing the limits to the point that I don’t even think twice about triple digits. Well, that is until last night.

Now I know a lot of young idiot hot shots out there would never think about pulling over.  I suppose if I blew past him while he was sitting still @ a buck sixty I wouldn’t pull over either.  Fact is I pulled out onto the highway, felt a little itch and just had to scratch it.  I ran up 2nd the 3rd a little then dropped back out.  As I was slowing I saw the heart wrenching sight of familiar flashing blue barreling arse down on me like the noon day sun.

So here I am wondering what exactly to expect from a Hanover County, VA judge, and a “Class One Misdemeanorâ€

I’ve a good driving record and I’m old as dirt so I’m hoping that will somehow impress the judge. We’ll see about that I guess.

What’s your story and how did it turn out for you?

<!--EDIT|twowheeler1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124198938 -->

I feel for you. I'm just glad I can do anything under 188 on the Autobahn. Blew by a cop on Sunday doing a buck twenty-five...

Said it once, here it is again: Get the very best TRAFFIC attorney money can buy,you still will pay, but no points on your license.NJ.:)

Said it once, here it is again: Get the very best TRAFFIC attorney money can buy,you still will pay, but no points on your license.NJ.:)
Just called and left a message my attorney. Not sure how good he is w/ this kind of thing but he’s in the county so I’m hoping he knows what he’s doing. Thankfully I've never needed this kind of representation before. We’ll see.

Pray the cop doesn't show up to court. I have gotten 2 speedeing tickets, and both were dismissed. Cop never showed to either. Wheww ...

I was paced for a 105 in a 70...paid a lawyer $500 , he got it thrown out of court.

Find a good speeding ticket lawyer, I suggest looking in the geographic area @ Cycleforums
and see what lawyers other sportbike riders in your area recommend.

Good Luck, dont sweat it man.

Pray the cop doesn't show up to court. I have gotten 2 speedeing tickets, and both were dismissed. Cop never showed to either. Wheww ...
That's one of the tricks these attorneys do, they continue the case till the cop doesnt show up, then they say they are ready for trial then.No cop, case gets dismissed immediately.

Interestingly enough I got poppled the exact same way you did...I was entering a freeway and let it rip...I scanned back but apprantly I missed him.

Now I dont light it up unless I know exactly what every car is or unless there are none.

I was paced for a 105 in a 70...paid a lawyer $500 , he got it thrown out of court.

Find a good speeding ticket lawyer, I suggest looking in the geographic area @ Cycleforums

Hey thanks man. I am one to worry about something like this. Kinda sux but oh well. Since April 15th I've had a ton of fun on this thing. Kinda spooked now though. I've heard of dudes going to jail for triple digits here in VA.

Interestingly enough I got poppled the exact same way you did...I was entering a freeway and let it rip...I scanned back but apprantly I missed him.

Now I dont light it up unless I know exactly what every car is or unless there are none.
Yea Bent that used to be my rule as well. I guess I got sloppy. It happens I guess. Here's the kicker...as I got on the highway, there was a construction zone w/ the usual painted pony. I waited until well out of the zone then let her rip. The one that got me was un-marked. He saw me get on the highway (and I was in the granny lane all the way). I guess he'd see that setup more times than he could recall and I'm thinking he just waited on my before sinking the hook!

How do kids like all my puns? I guess the coffee is really kicking in good this AM! I’m gonna check back in later today so I can get some work done. Thanks for all the info and feed back.

Freeways are the worst place to speed, I try to stay with the flow of the traffic, maybe pull a few cars and pass here and keep a mildly faster pace but not just blowing by them...I reserve my high speed runs for back country roads.

The state patrol covers the freeways hard because this is where cagers like to go fast and there are alot of cars
passing a single spot on a given day.

Hey thanks man.  I am one to worry about something like this. Kinda sux but oh well.  Since April 15th I've had a ton of fun on this thing.  Kinda spooked now though.  I've heard of dudes going to jail for triple digits here in VA.
You are correct! I believe the law in VA is, anything 20 mph over the speed limit and they can jail you. This is especially true here in N. VA where they agressively targeting speeding and agressive drivers.

crazy.gif

Hey thanks man.  I am one to worry about something like this. Kinda sux but oh well.  Since April 15th I've had a ton of fun on this thing.  Kinda spooked now though.  I've heard of dudes going to jail for triple digits here in VA.
You are correct! I believe the law in VA is, anything 20 mph over the speed limit and they can jail you. This is especially true here in N. VA where they agressively targeting speeding and agressive drivers.

crazy.gif
Dang Postal! You're not giving me the warm and fuzzies here buddy.
tounge.gif

Yea the trouper said I was lucky he didn't jail me there and then. I'm told he could have. If the judge wants to (and if my lawyer lets me down) I could still. By law anyway. With me be an old fart and a good driving record etc.. I hope it doesn't get that bad.

120 in a 40, slowed to 64 before he clocked me, alcohol involved, you can figger out the rest of the story.
Woe dude.  When do you get out?  I guess my plight could be a lot worse!!!  Still don’t like it…but could be worse.

<!--EDIT|twowheeler1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124208250 -->

Back