Way Bad Speeding Ticket - What's your story?

Aslo, like you, I'm older - 50. Maybe you're not that old.
Hey ole timer. Yea I'm closing in on 40 so I'm behind you a little (as is everyone else w/out NOS).
biggrin.gif

This WAS a trouper and he was anything but happy. He was ok once he got back from his car but he still left me with the yellow paper. He did say he was coming from working a motorcycle wreck a county over. I guess that didn’t help my situation either.

I live in MA and I got yanked in SC on 95 north for 125 in a 65, it was 3 am and there were no other cars around. I got written up for 83 in a 65 and was told to slow down. I paid it by mail when I got home. That could have gone really bad...

I live in MA and I got yanked in SC on 95 north for 125 in a 65, it was 3 am and there were no other cars around.  I got written up for 83 in a 65 and was told to slow down.  I paid it by mail when I got home.  That could have gone really bad...
I still would have had a lawyer fight it.

I figured I was lucky as hell and just paid it, no surcharges because it was out of state. He let me know that 20 over is cause to be held, that is why he wrote it up for 83...

Nothing as radical as you guys, but got pulled over for doing 80 on a 65
mad.gif
almost embarassing to post that. Got court next week, wish me luck
biggrin.gif
From what I saw in CA is that everyone is doing 80 plus. In some places around San Fran I was doing 85 and everyone was passing me, thought I was on some road over in Germany. I hope you fought it.

when i was 17 and had my first semi sport bike (ninja 500) i was caught twice in one week in NC. the first was when i was late to shool got clocked at 102 in a 70. the cop was kindof mad becuase he followed me from one exit to the next. i did not notice him behind me b/c i was under the windscreen.

later that week i got a 70 in a 35 (speed trap, goes from 50 to 35 then back to 50)

payed a lawyer over a grand for the two tickets, and never got any points or anything....the lawyer was a bit shady.

Nothing as radical as you guys, but got pulled over for doing 80 on a 65
mad.gif
almost embarassing to post that. Got court next week, wish me luck
biggrin.gif
From what I saw in CA is that everyone is doing 80 plus. In some places around San Fran I was doing 85 and everyone was passing me, thought I was on some road over in Germany. I hope you fought it.
Exactly my point, it's either keep up with traffic or someone crashing into to you.

my worse was 128 in a 45. just made a right and was goign down a long road. prob already speeding *70-75 ish* well, on this road, it goes up in elevation by about 10 ft rather quickly and then cuts right. well, i was in the right lane, and a huge deisle ruck with a load was in the left. he must of not knows about it, or wasnt paying attention, either way, when we came up to that spot, i was prob 1/2 between the front and rear fo him. he then decided he wants 2 come in my lane. so i just nailed the throttle and passed him so i didnt get taken out. well, right past this spot, a motorcycle officer was there doing radar.

now, u may ask.. y did u stop... here is what happened next. i didnt see this cop, and up the road soem more, there is a stop light. well, it was red, so stopped. right be for it turned green, he came up behind me *no lights on*, so i didnt think anythign of it, and just took off as normal. well, i get 1/2 thru the intersetion and he throws them on. so im thinking WTF did i do wrong in 30 ft!?!? needless 2 say, i told him what happened and because i was 19 and on a sports bike (my R6) he didnt beleive me and wrote me. but the fine wasnt bad. pled guilty, paid $100 and was on my way.. gotaa love small towns! haha

Back