Way Bad Speeding Ticket - What's your story?

I was paced for a 105 in a 70...paid a lawyer $500 , he got it thrown out of court.

Find a good speeding ticket lawyer, I suggest looking in the geographic area @ Cycleforums
and see what lawyers other sportbike riders in your area recommend.

Good Luck, dont sweat it man.
Hey thanks man.  I am one to worry about something like this. Kinda sux but oh well.  Since April 15th I've had a ton of fun on this thing.  Kinda spooked now though.  I've heard of dudes going to jail for triple digits here in VA.
You are correct! I believe the law in VA is, anything 20 mph over the speed limit and they can jail you. This is especially true here in N. VA where they agressively targeting speeding and agressive drivers.

crazy.gif
Dang Postal!  You're not giving me the warm and fuzzies here buddy.  
tounge.gif

Yea the trouper said I was lucky he didn't jail me there and then.  I'm told he could have.  If the judge wants to (and if my lawyer lets me down) I could still. By law anyway.  With me be an old fart and a good driving record etc.. I hope it doesn't get that bad.
Let's hope for the best 2W.

P.

a cop paced me for miles while I was doing 240 kph (150 mph) in a 70 kph (45 mph) zone (elevated highway late at night) saw some cars in way in front of me and he caught me. Went to court with laywer. Appealed and appealed ended in superior court and lost. $1000 and 12 points.

a cop paced me for miles while I was doing 240 kph (150 mph) in a 70 kph (45 mph) zone (elevated highway late at night) saw some cars in way in front of me and he caught me. Went to court with laywer. Appealed and appealed ended in superior court and lost. $1000 and 12 points.
I wonder if they look at 107 different than 150? Also, mine was a quick blast. I didn't have cars in front of me but he was coming up quick and I had about 2 miles to the next exit. I really don't have the balls (or stupidity) to run anyway. Got way too much to lose for that kinda play.

Dang James ... that's bad news Bro'
sad.gif
... wishing you good luck with the atty and I think you made the right decision by not running. Keep us posted.

Dang James ... that's bad news Bro'
sad.gif
... wishing you good luck with the atty and I think you made the right decision by not running. Keep us posted.
Will do. Thanks! I'm thinking I should be ok. Like I said, my record is clean and I'm old and the hills do as long as they don't take my license, I'll ride w/ you guys in Oct.. That is as long as everyone will wait up for me at the stop signs.
tounge.gif

I was moving along Hwy 12 here in WA trying to catch up with the group about 130 or more slowed down to 95mph for a corner and for some reason the State Patrol going the otherway had his radar on. He did a quick u turn and came after me. For some reason, I slowed down and pulled over could have easily ran, since I lost sight of him for awhile. Cop was very thankful and reduced it to 75 over on the ticket, then:
Got an attorney and paid nothing but his fee's.

many tickets at many diff, speeds. Just have a good attorney. Havent had to pay for a ticket in 4yrs, and have been pulled over about 3 times a year.

They should have an Autobahn in the US. Like running straight across somewhere coastal, like NY or NJ, and all the way through to Califronia or something. Country this big, you'd think we could use a high speed highway.

117mph in a 55.
wow.gif

Reckless driving and speeding tickets.  Here in GA if you take a Defensive Driving class before your court date they may go easy on you.  That and it will take points off your license.  I got a lawyer and he got the reckless driving ticket thrown out but the speeding stuck. 6 points and $1225 later it's been almost two years now.
Lawyer $600
tickets  $550
DD class $75

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124253265 -->

ticket3.JPG

I was moving along Hwy 12 here in WA trying to catch up with the group about 130 or more slowed down to 95mph for a corner and for some reason the State Patrol going the otherway had his radar on. He did a quick u turn and came after me. For some reason, I slowed down and pulled over could have easily ran, since I lost sight of him for awhile. Cop was very thankful and reduced it to 75 over on the ticket, then:
Got an attorney and paid nothing but his fee's.
Yea I kinda thought pulling over would make the cop happy too but I think it kinda pissed him off. This guy was working the construction beat. I'm sure that job gets pretty tired. Where's the excitement if the guy on the hot sport bike simply pulls over???

117mph in a 55.
wow.gif

Reckless driving and speeding tickets.  Here in GA if you take a Defensive Driving class before your court date they may go easy on you.  That and it will take points off your license.  I got a lawyer and he got the reckless driving ticket thrown out but the speeding stuck. 6 points and $1225 later it's been almost two years now.
Lawyer $600
tickets  $550
DD class $75
I could live w/ that I guess. I'd rather get a break like Spigga!

"Pray the cop doesn't show up to court. I have gotten 2 speedeing tickets, and both were dismissed. Cop never showed to either. Wheww ... "

James, that shid suck...
sad.gif
Wishing you the best thou...
smile.gif

(note to self... take heed and slow the fugg down....)

man do I need to relax the right wrist... it's just a matter of time....

to much
race.gif
and will cath me and I'll be

Sorry to hear about your troubles James. Miraculously, I've only been pulled over once in almost 2 years with the Busa, and that was for 74 in a 55. (I was so relieved because only moments before I had wheelied while getting onto this road, then rolled up to a buck twenty or so before letting off and joining the other cars.) The cop was unmarked and coming from the other direction, so I missed him until he was right behind me. He said he clocked me at 79 but decided to cut me a break and drop it to 19 over. Considering all that could have been, I considered myself lucky, took my lumps and paid the fine. I hope the judge does take into account your age, record, etc. Good luck, and keep us posted.

OH NO! Couldn't you have done that anywhere else but in VA? They're so damn mean here...
laugh.gif

I'm soooo sorry you got busted on that one...I'm afraid it's gonna sting a bit, but sign up for some class to show the judge you're trying to do better...maybe cry a little...I know, I know...guys don't cry, but trust me, it might work...or, you might get laughed at enough to really make you cry...scratch that...
tounge.gif

I wish you the best...hope to see you soon...but, I will lead, okay?

No speeding ticket story here worth sharing...haven't been pulled over since 1993!!!

Back