Headphones

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Anyone have any opinions on headphones? I’m leaning toward wireless again. I use them in the office to cut down on distractions and equipment noise. (I’ve got 3 UPSs 3 servers, and about a dozen pcs/workstations running in here. Noise cancelling is a big plus, but I need to hear the phone ring. I prefer to be fairly mobile in my office (12x15) so a corded set is not really a good option but I may give up some mobility and plug them into a mp3 player if I’m at the work bench for extended times. I know I’m giving up a bit of performance with wireless. I’m using my main computer and a radio/cd player. I had a set of Senheisers that used a rf signal for 6-7 years and was pretty happy with them. Really miss them actually. I looking in the $100-200 range. The corded Bose quitecomfort2 looks good but OUCH.

I’ve been studying for CompTIA tests and need to do something….

what about -33db washable earplugs? save you a bundle - last a LONG time. also less head, earcup strain

I have a set of Etymotic Research 6is I use on the bike and while working out. I just found headphones sutied me better in the office. But you bring up a good point... I'll be bringing them in to use until I figure out something else.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD650s but they are more than what you might want to spend and I haven't found a set of RF 'phones that sound right to me. Good luck on your search....

Rick I have a set of Insignia Model ns-bthdp that I use all the time. They are bluetooth and behind the head and over the ears so you can wear them for a long time. I stream audio from my laptop and also IPOD. Another great feature is that they will sync with your bluetooth phone and there is a microphone built in (you cant see it) and you can talk and listen in stereo.... Only about 80.00 at best buy....

LINK

Sorry to go :offtopic:but you mentioned studying for A+. Thought I'd pass >>>>this<<<< along to you.

Thanks for the link! I passed the first A+ test Tuesday and go for the second one in the morning. I guess I'll start on the Network+ or Security+ next. As long as someone else is footing the bills, I might as well take advantage of it.

Thanks all for the input

I found a few Senheiser's on ebay identical to mine. I figure either the headphones or trasmitter is bad on mine. I'll have an extra of something to use when I get done. Either two sources running all the time on different channels, or the spare set of headphones near the workbench. I already have a couple of decent batteries.

Cap, I think I'm going to look into one of those for my cell phone! MP3s with the option to talk would be great.

Rick I have a set of Insignia Model ns-bthdp that I use all the time. They are bluetooth and behind the head and over the ears so you can wear them for a long time. I stream audio from my laptop and also IPOD. Another great feature is that they will sync with your bluetooth phone and there is a microphone built in (you cant see it) and you can talk and listen in stereo.... Only about 80.00 at best buy....

LINK

Capt,

Those look cool. How do you stream from your iPod? Can you wear them with your helmet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Capt,

Those look cool. How do you stream from your iPod? Can you wear them with your helmet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Too big to wear under the helmet... You can buy a bluetooth transmitter for your Ipod that plugs in the bottom, its about the size of a quarter...

Too big to wear under the helmet... You can buy a bluetooth transmitter for your Ipod that plugs in the bottom, its about the size of a quarter...

cool thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Back