Way Bad Speeding Ticket - What's your story?

James,  that shid suck...
sad.gif
 Wishing you the best thou...
smile.gif

(note to self... take heed and slow the fugg down....)

man do I need to relax the right wrist... it's just a matter of time....  

to much
race.gif
and will cath me and I'll be
Thanks. Check this out. I just realized this morning it was 4 months to the day that I took possession of this bike. I drove it out of the dealership on April 15th! Lets see if I can make it more than 4 months next time.

Sorry to hear about your troubles James.  Miraculously, I've only been pulled over once in almost 2 years with the Busa, and that was for 74 in a 55. (I was so relieved because only moments before I had wheelied while getting onto this road, then rolled up to a buck twenty or so before letting off and joining the other cars.)  The cop was unmarked and coming from the other direction, so I missed him until he was right behind me.  He said he clocked me at 79 but decided to cut me a break and drop it to 19 over.  Considering all that could have been, I considered myself lucky, took my lumps and paid the fine.  I hope the judge does take into account your age, record, etc.  Good luck, and keep us posted.
Yea Warren the funny thing was when I pulled over I was actually thinking along the lines of 80 or so. I was honestly shocked when he said 107. I wasn't shocked from the stand point of actually going that fast but that I was at that time.

These things get over 100 so quick I still geek out over it.

OH NO!  Couldn't you have done that anywhere else but in VA?  They're so damn mean here...
laugh.gif

I'm soooo sorry you got busted on that one...I'm afraid it's gonna sting a bit, but sign up for some class to show the judge you're trying to do better...maybe cry a little...I know, I know...guys don't cry, but trust me, it might work...or, you might get laughed at enough to really make you cry...scratch that...
tounge.gif

I wish you the best...hope to see you soon...but, I will lead, okay?  

No speeding ticket story here worth sharing...haven't been pulled over since 1993!!!
Hey M,
Yea I thought about the classes.  I think I'll hold off until I meet w/ the atty.  With my job I actually have written some software applications for the Hanover Sheriff's Department (the county where it happened).  Anyway, the girl up there tried a while back to get me to sign up for some kind of community law enforcement volunteer thing where I would donate my time (or in this case computer skills) to help out.  I’m looking into that as well since I have this “new found desire for community involvementâ€￾.

Yea I should still see you guys in Oct..  The only thing that I'm at all worried about at this time is my license.  I haven't heard from anyone here losing theirs for something like this but then again, none are in Hanover.  I have no idea how they are there.

<!--EDIT|twowheeler1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124286823 -->

I was paced for a 105 in a 70...paid a lawyer $500 , he got it thrown out of court.

Find a good speeding ticket lawyer, I suggest looking in the geographic area @ Cycleforums
and see what lawyers other sportbike riders in your area recommend.

Good Luck, dont sweat it man.
Hey thanks man.  I am one to worry about something like this. Kinda sux but oh well.  Since April 15th I've had a ton of fun on this thing.  Kinda spooked now though.  I've heard of dudes going to jail for triple digits here in VA.
You are correct! I believe the law in VA is, anything 20 mph over the speed limit and they can jail you. This is especially true here in N. VA where they agressively targeting speeding and agressive drivers.

crazy.gif
They can't have that law here in Florida. Our jails are too crowded as it is ...

Dang, 20 over equals jail. If that's the case, bikers would probably get the chair!

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: "type-o"|1124287459 -->

Hey Spigga,
I'm thinking I should head on down to the sunshine state. I actually don't think they jail many for speeding up here (although I could be wrong). They really don't seem to have much of a sense of humor about it though.
tounge.gif

Sorry to hear about ticket. I got one last year in CA going 105 in a 50. Cost me 429 for ticket, 2 points on driving record, and an additional 150 a month for insurance. Good luck.

Sorry to hear about ticket.  I got one last year in CA going 105 in a 50.  Cost me 429 for ticket, 2 points on driving record, and an additional 150 a month for insurance.  Good luck.
Damn dood, did you not even consider hiring a lawyer??
I don't know BentValve, sounds like he got off pretty clean. This is stacking up to cost me a good bit. Plus the fact that all indications are that VA doesn't seem to be very tolorant of speed (even if you're only doing 1/2 the capability of the bike).
race.gif

Nothing as radical as you guys, but got pulled over for doing 80 on a 65
mad.gif
almost embarassing to post that. Got court next week, wish me luck
biggrin.gif

mad.gif
biggrin.gif
Is it me or is getting stuck w/ 80 in a 65 on a machine that handles so well at twice that insultive? I want the law to change. I WANT MY OWN 188 MPH LANE ON I95!!!

Hey good luck w/ that and let us know how it goes for you.

Got off clean?  Not in my book.
Hey Bent,
Phatroy did get off pretty easy it seems to me. I'm looking at a possible jail term, $2,500 plus court cost and atty fees. Although he's not worth his fees if I get all that. That's the maximum. In Va what I did was a class one misdemeanor. I'm told that's the worse thing before a felony.

VA + SPEEDING = Bad things can happen to you...

mad.gif
biggrin.gif
Is it me or is getting stuck w/ 80 in a 65 on a machine that handles so well at twice that insultive?  I want the law to change. I WANT MY OWN 188 MPH LANE ON I95!!!

Hey good luck w/ that and let us know how it goes for you.
Thanks, good luck with your ticket. I'll definately keep you all posted on this.

I feel for you. I'm just glad I can do anything under 188 on the Autobahn. Blew by a cop on Sunday doing a buck twenty-five...
You lucky dog. My wife and I are supposed to move to Germany for three years next year. Tell me what its like having all that straight, smooth, pristine highway with no limits. I saw some film of a custom Porshe doing 212 mph in the middle of the night. The road looked fairly empty. I have no idea where they were, but it made me salivate.

I feel for you. I'm just glad I can do anything under 188 on the Autobahn. Blew by a cop on Sunday doing a buck twenty-five...
You lucky dog. My wife and I are supposed to move to Germany for three years next year. Tell me what its like having all that straight, smooth, pristine highway with no limits. I saw some film of a custom Porshe doing 212 mph in the middle of the night. The road looked fairly empty. I have no idea where they were, but it made me salivate.
Yea no kidding. I have wet dreams about worry free speed.

Earlier this year, I got picked up for going 27 mph over the speed limit. The cop took my drivers license and went back to his car for a while. The 1st thing he said when he came back over to me was "Thanks for being an outstanding citizen". (No tickets and I didn't run, that's all I can think of why he said that. Aslo, like you, I'm older - 50. Maybe you're not that old. My age might've had something to do with it. He probably thought he was pulling over some young squid and not some guy with gray hair). Then he said he was going to give me a break. The 27 mph over the speed limit would've been a $277 fine and 9 points on my license. He wrote me up for 9 mph over, which was a $60 fine and 1 point. I smiled, shook his hand, and said thanks. He also told me where he was parked when he got me with his lazer, he told me not to get on it on the interstate because a trooper will get me, and he told me to go find a secluded county road when I want to 'get on it'.
The one thing he couldn't understand is why I have nitrous on a bike like mine. (I have a ZX-12R). It's kind of a giveaway since the license plate says NOS CU. I told him I love straight line acceleration. He just smiled, said have a nice day, and took off. Some cops are cool. Just keep your calm and don't talk back to them.

Back