My First Speeding Ticket

Warrior58d

Registered
Well it finally happend. I recieved my first speeding ticket on my Busa. Wasn't even like I was trying to do it. I was out for a little night ride since it was great weather and came up on this truck. We went from a 55 to a 65 mph zone and he just wasn't speeding up fast enough so like a good driver I signaled. Flicked it into the left lane. Droped down a couple of gears and just goosed it. I passed him and then slowed back down cause my turn was coming up. I made my turn and went down the road a bit and just happend to look behind me when I saw another car make the turn and then the lights and siren came on. For all you bad guys no I didn't run. They where gonna have me bottled in so tight anyway that I wouldn't have been able to go anywhere. Can't outrun a radio. So the ticket reads out 106 mph and I have to go to court in a couple of weeks. Any body have any idea on how much that might be in Alabama? Yes I was lucky since he could have hauled me to jail and I am lucky again that he didn't mark reckless driving. Just a speeding ticket. I will let you all know how it turns out in a few weeks unless I am in the clink.

<!--EDIT|Warrior58d
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082443312 -->

That sux, plead the fine down what ever it is. Check into fighting the ticket on grounds of a technicality. Three seconds of clean radar needs to make a case. Jump at that speed would of put you out of effective range if they were behind you.

here is mine

Myticket_1.jpg

yea i got two in one day
from one stop i should say

i pleaded down to a careless and got to walk out with that and no speeding or reckless

my friend just got a 7,500 dollar ticket the other week
thinker 62 and friend doc were there

he is screwed

you still got a chance

Myticket_2.jpg

yea i got two in one day

i pleaded down to a careless and got to walk out with that and no speeding or reckless

he is screwed

you still got a chance
Holy Crap, Is that a misspell or did you really say 7,500
rock.gif
What the heck for? Did you walk in with a lawyer on your case or did you go it alone??

Um, Get an attorney who specializes in this kind of thing. The fee's you pay a lawyer are nothing compared to what is going to happen to your insurance when this thing hits. Bad Mojo... Get an attorney, fight it... If nothing else you can prolly get it worked down to something reasonable...

it is all just a ploy for cities to make money ..... it is all about the money not saving lives like they try to proclaim they are out doing .... BS !!!
mad.gif

it is all just a ploy for cities to make money ..... it is all about the money not saving lives like they try to proclaim they are out doing ....  BS !!!
mad.gif
ain't that the truth. in alberta we have photo radar so they don't even have to pull you over, just mail a ticket to the registered owner. ok, so there are no points associated with the ticket because they don't send it to the driver. calgary (a city of just under 1 million people), made $25million last year on photo radar alone.. just another tax grab, that's all it is. there oughta be a law!
smile.gif

my last ticket was $550 for 117 in a 55. That was with lawyer, defensive driving class and gettint the reckless charges drop.

yea i got two in one day

he is screwed

you still got a chance
Holy Crap, Is that a misspell or did you really say 7,500
rock.gif
What the heck for? Did you walk in with a lawyer on your case or did you go it alone??
Let me clear that up.
The tickets I posted I got two summers ago.
Doing 109 in a 55.
One ticket was for 295 and the other was a reckless.
The reckless had no fine they (the courts) wanted to give me jail time, 1mo to a yr to be exact.
Once you are charged with reckless in Oregon you get a free lawyer if you cant afford one (because its a misderminor).
If you have a job they make you pay according to your income, for the lawyer.
I ended up getting a lawyer, and paying 300 or so for him, and he plead me down to a careless and had them drop the reckless and the speeding.
The total cost was some were around
300 lawyer,
180 high speed drivers class (went to hospital and watched the people die with from driving and motorcycle accidents etc. in the er room),
and 160 tow bill (bike got towed when i got busted)
along with a careless fine of 300.
When it was all said and done thats what happened.
dont let me forget about the insurance rates went skyhigh
(even though it was my first ticket in 6 yrs).
I got nailed cause i was on a major freeway at 7 pm on a wednesday

My friend got a 7500 dollar, Yes seven thousand and five hundred dollars U S, ticket.
Because he was clocked 152 in a 55.
We were up in the hills behind estecada and not many people were there.
He could of got arrested, bike towed, and who knows what else if there was alot of traffic.
Instead the cop (who was in the N. Gaurd like my friend)
cut the ticket to 108 in a 55 and a reckless.
The reckless had a fine instead of jail time attached to it, a 7500 fine.
The speeding had a 400 or so fine attached to it also.

It could of been alot worse for him.
He has to go to court the 5th of may.

I think the fine had alot to do with the fact that when we were speeding he only managed to stop one of us.
No comment on what happened after that.
Maybe he was alittle pissed he only got one and said ok ill nail you but then found out he was a co-worker in the gaurd and decided at the last minute to cut him some slack.
I real dont know what the fug happened i just know i didnt get the ticket and he did. Why he didnt go to jail i can only guess. why he didnt get his bike towed i can only guess agian.

How do i know he was clocked at 152?
Cause for 1, i was behind him and almost t boned the cop when he pulled the u turn to go after him. (the cop didnt see me till the last minute, when it was to late for him to do anything but go after the first bike).
And also when we left the ranger station to head back to town he reset his speedo (it recordes the highest speed you reach. kind of like a trip od but instead its a high speed od and tells you the highest speed reached) he wanted to see how fast we could make it back and when we were on the fast part the cop was coming towards us in the other lane.
when he came to the gas station after the cop let him go (which i couldnt belive he got let go) he showed me his high speed OD and it read 152.
Thinker62 was there and saw it also.

You asked and there is the whole story.
So know you know
DONT SPEED UNLESS YOU PLAN ON PAYIN!

I got pulled over doing a wheelie, and the cop asked me why I stopped? I said because your a cop and your lights were flashing, he said "bikes never pull over because we're not allowed to chase them, due to the danger"

I guess to many guys try to out run the cops and crash, so in Ontario, if that happens the COP gets in poop for chasing.

Luckily because I stopped, he just gave me a ticket for outdated plate sticker , no points. Some times cops are cool.

P.S. In Ontario, 50KM (30 MPH ish) over the limit, and your in trouble, 6 points, which is a careless driving charge, so @ that speed, you better make a decision, stop or go.

$7500 I might have to do the jail time !!!
wow.gif

Dang i'ld hate to have to pay the money, but in NC that would definitely be the loss of license for AT LEAST 12 months and we wont even speak of insurance!

Makes you almost think about "running" --- because doing the speed limit aint even an option!
cool.gif

Back