Most Expensive Speeding Ticket You Ever Had?

4 tickets in 9 months. Couple speeding, disregarding a stop sign (on a college campus), and "unreasonable speed" aka wheelie and cop didn't clock me. I stopped all 4 times cause 3/4 were in my pickup.

Lawyer is $250 a ticket plus the actual ticket plus deferral costs. Points on license = 0. I've taken defensive driving 2x now. insurance rates are super low and I have never had a point on my license! Deferral program and a good lawyer help that, but the pocket book takes a hit when I misbehave.

4 tickets in 9 months. Couple speeding, disregarding a stop sign (on a college campus), and "unreasonable speed" aka wheelie and cop didn't clock me. I stopped all 4 times cause 3/4 were in my pickup.

Lawyer is $250 a ticket plus the actual ticket plus deferral costs. Points on license = 0. I've taken defensive driving 2x now. insurance rates are super low and I have never had a point on my license! Deferral program and a good lawyer help that, but the pocket book takes a hit when I misbehave.

If that were me, my insurance would be $28,000 a year...liability.

speaking of which,,,, do u know why it is that they use powdered soap in jails now?
I can answer that . . .
it's to prevent the soap from being 'dropped' in the shower, people get annoyed with the loud BANG!! as it hits the floor, and of course the risk of slipping over if you stand on it, and people were playing catch with the cakes of soap and they were getting damaged, oh and also the economics of cake of soap vs powdered soap has been calculated that powdered soap is cheaper for the prison system.
Is that right Ali?

I can answer that . . .
it's to prevent the soap from being 'dropped' in the shower, people get annoyed with the loud BANG!! as it hits the floor, and of course the risk of slipping over if you stand on it, and people were playing catch with the cakes of soap and they were getting damaged, oh and also the economics of cake of soap vs powdered soap has been calculated that powdered soap is cheaper for the prison system.
Is that right Ali?
no.. powdered soap takes LONGER to pick up.... rofl

I got a $10.00 ticket once on my Gixxer many years ago, the cop was surprised I stopped but as he already called me in, he had to give me something and $10.00 was the lowest.

He also told me the where the speed traps were on the road so I could avoid them.

I got pulled over last summer as a "check" but the cop really only wanted to check out the Busa as he is a bike nut (like us). He also told me what roads to avoid if I was going to ride spirited...

I got a $10.00 ticket once on my Gixxer many years ago, the cop was surprised I stopped but as he already called me in, he had to give me something and $10.00 was the lowest.

He also told me the where the speed traps were on the road so I could avoid them.

I got pulled over last summer as a "check" but the cop really only wanted to check out the Busa as he is a bike nut (like us). He also told me what roads to avoid if I was going to ride spirited...

"Spirited" . . . . under the influence of a spirit (demon?) or an alcoholic spirit. You choose.
I love that term they use, spirited riding, I've heard it used a few times and always laugh at the possible meanings.
Obviously that cop was one of us, wish I ran into cops like that, but the cops over here have NO sense of humour and are on a quota/commission system with handing out revenue generating infringement notices.

My worst was roughly 3k between ticket and court and attorney. Got poped on the isterstate doing 190mph at 2 am speed testing moddified 1999 busa after turbo install. So mr Officer was sitting in the center median in some "deeper" grass and honestly lets face it, at that speed in the dark i would have never seen him anyway. Long dead stretch of highway. Anyways i got off my exit roughly 7 miles down the road and stopped to check fuel etc. Mr officer pulls in behind me while i have the laptop plugged in. To his credit he was really nice. No break though. Got taken to jail, hung out for 3 hours while bail was taken care of, lost license for an entire year, had to carry sr-22 insurance there after for 2 years, judge was no mercy. Not a good time. I had no chance to try to run. Didint even know i was screwed until it was way way to late.

In the early 80s I was haulin azz east across Utah around 3:00 a.m. in my 280ZX with that stupid 85mph speedo and there was one car coming west on the divided I-80, (one) but I couldn’t see what it was. As we passed I watched until he disappeared and then a set of headlights were behind me and catching up. I slowed and in a few miles he caught me and lit me up. Had me sit next to him in the patrol car while he wrote me up. He only had a 2 digit readout on his radar unit and it was blinking 99-99-99-99.:laugh: I didn’t bother to ask why he stopped me.:D Cost me all of....$45.:laugh: Why did he stop me in the middle of the night with no traffic in either direction but him and me? Revenue!:confused:

In the early 80s I was haulin azz east across Utah around 3:00 a.m. in my 280ZX with that stupid 85mph speedo and there was one car coming west on the divided I-80, (one) but I couldn’t see what it was. As we passed I watched until he disappeared and then a set of headlights were behind me and catching up. I slowed and in a few miles he caught me and lit me up. Had me sit next to him in the patrol car while he wrote me up. He only had a 2 digit readout on his radar unit and it was blinking 99-99-99-99.:laugh: I didn’t bother to ask why he stopped me.:D Cost me all of....$45.:laugh: Why did he stop me in the middle of the night with no traffic in either direction but him and me? Revenue!:confused:
Probably lonely and needed someone to hang out with for a few minutes...

Back