Most Expensive Speeding Ticket You Ever Had?

Kiwi Rider

Registered
So here's a loaded question, what is the biggest ticket you've ever been the recipient of from the Police tax collection unit?
I'll kick it off by telling you of a mammoth sized ticket I was issued back in '97, back when money was worth more!
$490 for speeding (exceeding 200kmh, was doing 260kmh)
$600 for careless use of a motor vehicle (being naughty and passing all traffic at a good pace)
$600 for failing to stop for blue and red flashing disco lights (speaks for itself, DUMB)
$120 court costs on each charge = $360
Grand total . . . . .
$2170.00
Now THAT's what I call a ticket!!

Oh, and I was disqualified from driving for 9 months as well.

Anyone out there can beat that?

81mph in a 35mph zone, in an 97 Honda Accord, in 2002. Empty road at night, no danger to anyone.
Cop cut me a break and only wrote me for doing 80, and let me drive away, lol.
Said I faced losing my license for 6 months to a year, 30 days in jail, and numerous fines.
Since said cop was sitting on private property(and the owner had told them he did not allow them to sit there), I got a lawyer.
Lawyer cost me $500.
I gave him the form from the speedometer calibrating company($50) as my speedometer mysteriously stopped working for a day.
Lawyer took it to court(I didn't have to appear), I was charged with improper driving, given 4 points on my license, and had to pay $361 in fines and court costs.
So $911 total.
That was the last driving award I have gotten. Given the times the cops screwed me over during routine traffic stops over the years, I was happy to stick it to them some.

I cant beat it but "almost" got a very rediculous ticket...
1st day of this years season i was on the highway (4lanes) and passed a car before it merged into one lane. Same spot is also a bridge and I was still very far away from the merge and saw something standing underneath the bridge. I immediately braked hard but I guess it was already too late. ( if he would have catched me in the middle of passing I would have probably gone to jail lol)
I got stopped by a motorcycle cop and he asked me if i know what excessive speeding means. I told him I know the meaning of the english word but dont know the law since its my first time in Canada that I got stopped. He told me that it means he lasered me with 123 km/h in a 80 km/h spot (still on a 4 lane highway which is so retarded!)
Long story short - he added everything up for me (impounding my bike one week, tow truck, a hefty ticket - almost 700 dollars, the premium for my insurance 4 points etc etc...) it was almost 1600 dollars.
I was stunned and thought in my head how crazy that is.
He walked away and came back a few minutes later and told me "here is what we do". It was my first ticket and so he decided to give me a regular speeding ticked which is 180 dollars and 3 points so it doesnt affect my insurance.
I was kinda glad about it and I sincerely thanked him. But I also knew that my season was kinda over before it really started because I would never have the same luck again.
(Instead i went multiple times over to the US to drive and not have to worry so much about the speed.)

Another more funny story with a good ending was many years back in Germany. It was already late October and my bike had no insurance anymore. It was a beatiful day outside and I decided to go for a quick ride and of course someone saw me and called the cops. Half an hour after I was back home the cops rang my doorbell and the wife answered. I went outside and they ask me if iam the owner of this bike blabla...

I said yes iam and they asked if I rode it recently. I said yes I just came home from riding it (I assumed lying at that point is useless and usually makes things worse.) then they asked me if they could see the bike...I said sure...we went into my garage and the one cop touched the engine and said its hot- I said of course it is I just came home from driving it lol.
Then they told me that my insurance was expired- I said I know. They both looked at me like iam a alien. Probably because everyone lies to them all damn day.
They said thats all they need for now and I will get a letter.

A couple weeks later I received mail from i guess its the procecutor office- and the letter said (it was short before christmas) that I have 2 options. I can either donate 100 euros to the local cancer foundation for children or they open a case against me and i will get charged for driving without insurance...!

I guess that was the only time that being so blunt an honest worked out very well for me:-)

Speeding fine?
9DEFB688-1F79-4FA5-A855-93B01D8C850B.jpeg

Naaaah, but I’ve only ridden the Busa about 65,000 miles:D

132 in a 75 in my 2001 700horse Cummins, didn’t know he had clocked me, he was on the other side of the interstate guardrail. I was blowing the doors off this Duramax that was just bought, it was advertised as the “fastest diesel in town” so I had to race it... we exited then a sheriff spun around and I got caught in traffic trying to leave his a$$ lol so besides the normal a$$ chewing, just a ticket for $450ish. Wyoming also doesn’t do a point system, so thankful for that!!

Funny story I was in northern Nh/Vermont area and cruising around 90 on the busa. I look as a Tahoe slams on its brakes and does a uturn as I go past. He was whipping that thing so hard I laughed. I actually felt bad for him and pulled over. He pulled up behind me and said “I can’t believe you actually pulled over”. He walked closer and said “on a Busa too”. I explained that I felt bad for him and didn’t want him to try to keep up. He laughed and said have a nice day.

I was in court and the guy before was caught doing 120mph in a 35mph zone.....judge asked if he a lawyer. He said no...judge told him to get one cuz he going to jail...he continued the case...

So here's a loaded question, what is the biggest ticket you've ever been the recipient of from the Police tax collection unit?
I'll kick it off by telling you of a mammoth sized ticket I was issued back in '97, back when money was worth more!
$490 for speeding (exceeding 200kmh, was doing 260kmh)
$600 for careless use of a motor vehicle (being naughty and passing all traffic at a good pace)
$600 for failing to stop for blue and red flashing disco lights (speaks for itself, DUMB)
$120 court costs on each charge = $360
Grand total . . . . .
$2170.00
Now THAT's what I call a ticket!!

Oh, and I was disqualified from driving for 9 months as well.

Anyone out there can beat that?
I can't beat it. ..... But
Mine was R17 000.00, That's about $2000.00. And I had to go for counselling meetings on the dangers of speeding....... And I had to undergo community service....27hrs a week.

That was 1 ticket only. If I failed to meet the court's demands, it would have been 6 months imprisonment.

I was doing 290km/h.... in a 60 Zone.

Im better now though......

I can't beat it. ..... But
Mine was R17 000.00, That's about $2000.00. And I had to go for counselling meetings on the dangers of speeding....... And I had to undergo community service....27hrs a week.

That was 1 ticket only. If I failed to meet the court's demands, it would have been 6 months imprisonment.

I was doing 290km/h.... in a 60 Zone.

Im better now though......

I'de imagine the counseling taught you what a horrible person you are, how to properly express your feelings, and that you'll never speed again.

Back