First Speeding ticket

Oh come on now, stop all the sniffling, dry your tears and take your lumps like a man. :poke:

If you've been speeding for 15 years then you're long overdue. $125.00 is a drop in the bucket, just hope that the insurance doesn't take you on the backside.

Always get a lawyer and keep it off your record, might cost a little more but well worth it not having to pay higher insurance and it being on your record.

How come people never tell us DURING the traffic stop that we could just keep going to the donut shop? Why is it always well after the fact? I've always wanted an answer to this simple question. :whistle:

Well actually I always keep a donut in my jacket pocket...If I get lit up,
I'll throw the donut and make a run for it :laugh: :poke:

Last edited:
I had a motorist one time stick a box of Dunkin Donuts out the driver side window as I walked up to the car. Being one who respects a good sense of humor, and an iron clad set of balls, I let the guy go with a warning. :)

Sorry Bro, Pay up and move on

Last ticket I got was out of state, I was pissed Raining / Night / Didnt see the sign, Got me for 70 in a 45, Decided I wasnt going to pay the out of state ticket, did you know they can suspend you license because of a ticket you have from another state.

I do Now

Paid the ticket and the $50.00 to reinstate my license

I dont need another state to suspend my license, NY has it down pat:banghead:

Sorry Bro, Pay up and move on

Last ticket I got was out of state, I was pissed Raining / Night / Didnt see the sign, Got me for 70 in a 45, Decided I wasnt going to pay the out of state ticket, did you know they can suspend you license because of a ticket you have from another state.

I do Now

Paid the ticket and the $50.00 to reinstate my license

Yes, there is a non resident violators compact between all but a few states. It may be all fifty by now. All computers are linked. If the system works correctly a person cannot have a license in two states.

I had a motorist one time stick a box of Dunkin Donuts out the driver side window as I walked up to the car. Being one who respects a good sense of humor, and an iron clad set of balls, I let the guy go with a warning. :)

Good, and you took the donuts, right?

Ever wonder how they got their name? Long time ago when the Brits wore powdered wigs (hope they don't anymore), one guy was walking along--in a fog-- eating an unsweetened lump of half-baked dough.

He started using sugar to powder his wig, and as he walked along he'd rub his lump in his wig, making it taste much better. Then he decided to make and sell these sweet lumps, and since his name was John Dunne he opened Dunne's Bakery right there on Fleet St.

Business picked up and soon he had the whole family involved. Eventually he got so fat he died, and his kids inherited the bakery. They changed the name to "The Kin of Dunne's Bakery", and sold lots more. Around 1960 they moved to the US and shortened the name of the bakery to "Kin of Dunne", and then later they renamed it (yup, you guessed it) "Dunkin' Donuts".

Good, and you took the donuts, right?

Ever wonder how they got their name? Long time ago when the Brits wore powdered wigs (hope they don't anymore), one guy was walking along--in a fog-- eating an unsweetened lump of half-baked dough.

He started using sugar to powder his wig, and as he walked along he'd rub his lump in his wig, making it taste much better. Then he decided to make and sell these sweet lumps, and since his name was John Dunne he opened Dunne's Bakery right there on Fleet St.

Business picked up and soon he had the whole family involved. Eventually he got so fat he died, and his kids inherited the bakery. They changed the name to "The Kin of Dunne's Bakery", and sold lots more. Around 1960 they moved to the US and shortened the name of the bakery to "Kin of Dunne", and then later they renamed it (yup, you guessed it) "Dunkin' Donuts".
No, no, no, thats not what happened at all; One day a couple of NBA players were messing around on the court shooting some hoop, when one made a shot the other grabbed the ball and wouldn't give it back, so the other player ran over to the bench and grabbed his box of donuts and slammed dunked them in the basket. The other player got mad and said, "Man, why you dunkin my donuts?" When they retired they parterned up and opened a donut shop. You guessed it, the rest is history.

Last edited:
Back