Speeding ticket

blue83camaro

Registered
I was out riding with my wife in an area I had never been before. I thought the speed limit was 55 but the police officer enlightened me that it was 40. I was going 58. I pulled over shut my bike off and took off my helmet. He was very courteous and told me he had to give me a ticket because people in the area had been complaining about the speed of traffic. So what can I say, I was speeding although not on pourpose. All I can hope is the majestrait takes it easy on me. I would like to keep my cheap insurance.

that sucks but at least it wasent 105 in a 55
wow.gif
dont ask

so did he give you a ticket for 18 over? Or cut you some slack? Over in NC 15 over is not a good thing....

(whitele @ Aug. 21 2007,18:12) so did he give you a ticket for 18 over? Or cut you some slack? Over in NC 15 over is not a good thing....
He wrote the ticket for 18 over. I was hoping he would cut me some slack or let me go but no deal. I shouldn't get any points but the ticket will still be on my record unless I can get them to reduce it to a non-moving violation.

I feel for ya man...I had a similar experience once before. Hope you can get it dismissed.

Sometimes they set people up...I hate that!!!
mad.gif

(blue83camaro @ Aug. 21 2007,19:22)
(whitele @ Aug. 21 2007,18:12) so did he give you a ticket for 18 over? Or cut you some slack? Over in NC 15 over is not a good thing....
He wrote the ticket for 18 over. I was hoping he would cut me some slack or let me go but no deal. I shouldn't get any points but the ticket will still be on my record unless I can get them to reduce it to a non-moving violation.
Out here we get tons of mail from "speeding ticket" attorneys - they may be able to drop it to "improper equipment" for you for a price... but it still may be worth it...
smile.gif

(whitele @ Aug. 21 2007,18:26)
(blue83camaro @ Aug. 21 2007,19:22)
Out here we get tons of mail from "speeding ticket" attorneys - they may be able to drop it to "improper equipment" for you for a price... but it still may be worth it...
smile.gif
I might look into that. I was told there are lawers that you just pay and they take care of it. Might cost twice as much now but pay off in the long run

(whitele @ Aug. 21 2007,16:27)
(ozz @ Aug. 21 2007,19:03) that sucks but at least it wasent 105 in a 55
wow.gif
   dont ask
So I'm not supposed to ask how he caught you going 105
rock.gif
no you can ask it was just that i got two tickets in one day OUCH!!!!!

I just got the number for an attorny. If they can get it reduced to a non moving violation then that is what I will do. Even if it costs twice as much now it will be worth it in the long run.
wink.gif

Stopped for 72 in a 45 this past Saturday on the Cherohala Skyway by NC Highway Patrol, sometimes you get a break. I counted about 10 troopers or deputies on the Dragon and spoke with a couple of guys who were stopped (warning only) by Park Rangers on the Foothills Parkway. I am wondering where the Eastern Owners Bash plans on riding in September, unfortunately lots of  enforcement in this area...
pissed.gif

(JrGMan @ Aug. 21 2007,22:15) Stopped for 72 in a 45 this past Saturday on the Cherohala Skyway by NC Highway Patrol, sometimes you get a break. I counted about 10 troopers or deputies on the Dragon and spoke with a couple of guys who were stopped (warning only) by Park Rangers on the Foothills Parkway. I am wondering where the Eastern Owners Bash plans on riding in September, unfortunately lots of enforcement in this area...
pissed.gif
So did you get off? Or did you get a date with the NC courts??

Feel your pain brother got my first ticket ever a week ago 72 in a 55. He was an ass about it too. Stop took less than 5 min he walked up told me and took my license never asked insurance nothing just wrote it right there.
Told him next time I am running.
race.gif

(ozz @ Aug. 21 2007,18:03) that sucks but at least it wasent 105 in a 55
wow.gif
   dont ask
...well '04 Blue/Silver is the fastest color & year
tounge.gif

I am not real sure about the Laws in your state but can you go to " Traffic School " and not have the Ticket count on your record ? Your Insurance Rates are going to SKYROCKET !!!!

(probusa @ Aug. 24 2007,23:52) toutchwood i have never had ticket yet and dont want 1.you should be ok proberly just get a fine.
Luckily you live in the UK and traffic enforcement is about safety not about making money.

Back