Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket on your Busa?

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket on your Busa?

• Total voters
Ok revision to question...... how many have twisted the throttle once they seen the blue lihts and ranM

Much more appropriate question, I have done it once and I got away but I will NEVER do it again. Blew through a stop sign I had been stopping at for 20 years all because I was worried about someone behind me. My life it worth more than any ticket that can be written.

Oh and yes I have had many many tickets on the busa and I am most certain I will have many many more. Expensive yes but this way I can be sure the roads stay in good shape lol

Anymore around the Toledo area, they have speed cameras at every major intersection and a few just in the middle of large straight-aways where speeding is common. I hardly ever screw around when street riding honestly, that's what I have the track for. No tickets here
I do the speed limit in towns and cities, will do a little over in the county and flow with traffic on the interstate and of course I play from time to time. Sry, I just can't help it.

What about last year right before that little place we ate at by the river at the bottom of the Skyway? Or did you just stop for directions :laugh:
He ran me every way he could, I came up good to go. As soon as the lights came on I pulled immediately over. Had all my stuff out for him. Yes sir, no sir. Of course I had the thirty years older than you grand pa stuff going :laugh: I thought he wrote me for 15 over, but when I got home it was a warning for 10 over. He had me.

No matter how old I get; I keep putting myself in bad positions. The leader said keep the guy behind you in sight. I kept bouncing between you ( in front of me ) and the guy behind me. I wasn't 100% sure where we were going and got caught trying to catch up and frustrated by the local who was doing 10 M.P.H. in a 45 with no passing zone trying to piss me off. Just my stupidity. It was an embarrassing warning. Very embarrassing.

Had just passed them and instead of hitting the brake I was just coasting down. Rounded the corner and boom :banghead:

:rofl: Many years ago, when I was going through background for the LAPD, my investigator noticed that I had 3 speeding violations (all on a Honda 750F). All he said was, "So, you like to go fast..." It was always the same CHP officer that pulled me over. He was pretty cool and would always lower the speed to below reckless driving speed which was 80mph at the time.
This was a kid, had to of just came out of the academy. He wrote me full tilt. I was behind him for about 5 miles, when he initiated his lights.

I dont speed in town either. Most of the riding down here is county roads and we have very few police so my wrist gets heavy pretty easily. Ive had the bike since Aug of last hear and the geewiz factor hasn't gone yet. I do need to slow down on the freeway cause I cant be lucky all the time.

I don,t know where to begin, Ran one time and got away, never again(was much younger then). I have been let loose more than my share. Drag racing lost license(again youth). Speeding YEP!!!!!! I should write a book. Sorry , I was the guy that gave us bad names. :hide:

This was a kid, had to of just came out of the academy. He wrote me full tilt. I was behind him for about 5 miles, when he initiated his lights.
I take it there isnt much comradery that goes on down there. wud nvr happen in my neck of the woods but I know guys that have vacationed down south as well as florida and the west coast and they got speeding tickets and seat belt tickets.

GAWD!!!! where do I begin...? I average 1 every 9 months. seems to end up every other one I qualify for traffic school and clears the point from my licence. have to say though that the cops have been cool, always writing the tickets for less than actual speed to keep my licence. Ive had some close calls where the wheel tends to float a bit and was an easy exhibition of speed, but was always just a speeding ticket and warning. the best one was when they claimed their plane had trouble pacing us at 160mph. we pulled off the freeway to get gas, never knowing they were behind us, and was standing there planning our route back when the plane flew overhead, three cars and two bikes swarmed up on us like we robbed a bank. he noticed my insurance was USAA, assumed I was military, and let us off with a 90mph ticket each and a warning to NEVER go by him that fast again. As to the cost of my tickets??? let just say that we should be driving on PERFECT roads at around $428 each, +$125 for traffic school every other one.....

Ummm, 91 in a 65 mph zone. Wrote me for only 80 because of my gray hair. :laugh: Cost $400.00 for that error. :banghead:

Convict Ride 2009 038.jpg

Convict Ride 2009 038.jpg

I haven't got one yet but I figure I will get busted sometime. The only time I have really gone way over the speed limit in my town was when I was riding with my 2 buddy's on there Harley's. We all pulled up to a stop light and they starting raving the engines. I just shook my head and got ready to launch.

Got a ticket once, not happy with how it happened. I was taking an on-ramp from one HWY to the next. The country highway I was on had 45 MPH posted, and the main highway I was turning onto was 60 MPH. I accelerated to get up to speed but didn't see that I was doing 70. Got pulled over and he applied my 70 MPH to the 45 zone and made the ticket out to reflect that I was still on the slower HWY. $210 later, I was ticked that I had to pay a bogus ticket, but out of all the times that I got away with murder on the roads (several other stories, bikes and cars) I just ate it and chalked it up to getting what I deserve.

No not yet. I ride conservatively considering the vehicle, but even that is worthy of a ticket from time to time.

I also haven't been pulled over on the bike yet. Maybe the saddlebags and backrest act like camouflage?.:laugh:

Back