how fast have you had it?

All she had....and I'm lookin' for more
tounge.gif

gm1300, so how long have you had to hold it @ 186 to get to the top end?  What is your fastest GPS speed so far on your stock bike?
i havent topped out my busa yet . i did bring the speedo to 185 and the gps said 163 mph .

my other 05 busa was similar , i was at 185 on the speedo and the gps read 162 .

i didnt have enough road to top the bike out on either run i mentioned earlier , it was even a little risky yo get to 185 on the speedo on the roads i was on .

my bike is in the shop getting a turbo right now , so i bet i will be going much faster than 163 mph in the near future .

i find it very funny when someone tells me their top speed and they are going by the speedo

jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119171709 -->

85MPH (indicated)! But then again, she only has 297 miles on her! Can hardly wait.....in a week or so, YAHOO!!
BTW Bullettrain, that is one awesome looking 10R you've got there, you've got the best looking color too!

no hidden message , i always get a kick out of it when someone says

"i was doing 170" and they are going by the speedo

160 on the speedo whatever that is...that and a new pair of depends.

Still a NEWBIE but tonight I hit 140. It felt so GOOD!!! Tufbusa and I went out for a nice long ride this evening and we will occasionally find a nice straight stretch to open up on. Of course he goes way faster than I do. I finally got that ...
wow.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
feeling!

smile.gif

I went out for a ride tonight and got up to 150 according to the speedo
biggrin.gif
. I'll have to mount the gps on the busa and see how far off the speedo is.

Still a NEWBIE but tonight I hit 140. It felt so GOOD!!! Tufbusa and I went out for a nice long ride this evening and we will occasionally find a nice straight stretch to open up on. Of course he goes way faster than I do. I finally got that ...  
wow.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif
 feeling!
I thought it was kind of like:

wow.gif
crazy.gif
rock.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
super.gif

then when you tell your non-speed freak buddies they go:

poke.gif
soapbox.gif

and then you go:

laugh.gif
whatever...

smile.gif

wow.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

I see a few people saying 185 indicated but 160ish GPS. Are you holding the throttle after the needle hits 185 or do you let off as soon as it hits. If you are letting off, that could be the reason you are still in the 160s. Although the needle stops at 186, the techometer continues to rise if you keep the throttle wide open. In 6th gear, I believe my speedo read 186 @ just over 9,500rpm. The thing is, the techometer topped out at 10,500rpm. In other words, when the speedo hits 186, the bike is still gaining speed.

I'm not saying the bike actually reaches 186 bone stock, but it does reach speeds far past the 160's.

Just got a 1000 mile on her today, I took it up to 140 and then there was traffic and Highway Patrol.
wow.gif

BigK

Coming off of 175 when I was braking for turn 1 at Road America.
cool.gif
Dam turns always ruin it.
laugh.gif

Due to the previous track day with WWJD's GPS. I know I was going at least 160-165 prior to braking for the turn.

Back