So how fast was I really going?

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
I had a good long straight road heading north and a strong south wind, I decided to air the ol busa out. What I was wondering is how fast was I really going? I hit the stop on the speedo and held it for a second or two. I have a TRE so no limiter and I have a 16 tooth front sprocket. Anyone have an idea what my top speed really was? Also, roughly how fast is 150 on the speedo? Thanks in advance!

P.S. 2004 model w/ factory speedo incase you were wondering.

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111482183 -->

hmmm... no one could actully tell you! Having a GPS is the best way to find out how fast you really are going
biggrin.gif

Stock settings is normally around 7% off, so I have read. Never done any testing on that...

I'm not needing an exact speed just a rough idea how much my speedo is off. I didn't hold it long enough after I hit the stop to really mater, just enough for an extra mph or two.

Really fast ... that's for sure ... I've never had the guts to glance down at the speedo at those speeds ... I agree that a GPS is your best bet ... check it for max speed after your run.

If your speedo was peged out and you don't have a speedo healer or equivilant to adjust your speed. It's hard to say. Your speed will be about 7% fast with a 16T front sprocket. However, you may actually be able to go faster top end with lower gearing since the stock engine won't pull the stock gearing to red line in 6th gear? If you really want to know your speed, a GPS is about the only way?

Get the GPS

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111493171 -->

Back