How fast have you been

macbusa

Registered
Whats the fastest you have been on the Busa? Now I normally don't do high speed runs on the street...but on the rare ocassion in the right conditions (nice long straight road with not traffic) I have been known to let her run.

I have seen an indicated 175. I don't think I want to try and top that unless its at Maxton or Bonniville. I know the cops would have a field day with me if they clocked me going that fast.

Too fast to post.
tounge.gif

I have tapped the limiter in 6th many....many.....many times (more than I can count)!
cool.gif

I didn't have a GPS but I am thinking around 190-194mph!
wink.gif
I love going flat out.  Just something about flat out pegging the 185mph speedo and *then* shifting into 6th gear!  It's great fun.....only on a closed race track of course!
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110503490 -->

202mph on GPS, but I have also got this from a couple of weeks ago. It was on the busa, somehow just don't think it is correct though....

320.jpg

I've only had it to 135. Can't seem to find the right conditions, road, wind, etc. I will, hopefully soon, peg the speedo. Can't wait for that.

indicated 170

I"m sure it will be higher than that with my new found 120 extra hp.

I have been 165 the first time with my gurl on the back getting on the freeway in Houston and that was sweet as hell because some guy (my girlfriend saw) in a van that passed us on the on ramp gave us a bad look (because she is white, and i am a black *white* boy. So she just gave me the go ahead so I just cranked it up to 165 in a snap! lol not knowing why I did untill after we got home.

That same night I seen these nice blue HID's on the feeder coming onto the freeway. It neared us and I was like great! it turned out to be a turbo Mazda RX7 looked pretty nice. I gave it the 'go' signal, he in return gave me the 'go' signal and I was like NO I urged him on, I was in 6th he downshifted and his bike got a got jump ready to walk and I just popped it down to 4th gear so quick and that was all there was to it lol, he gave me the 'thumbs' up and went on his way. it was probably 15x or so mph

Then finally on the freeway me and a guy I know on a cbrf4i, were just cruising/speeding because there was like NO ONE on the road so once we got to a straight (heavily populated with state troopers and stooopid local cops that harass you for going 1mph over lol) I hit an Indicated 175mph. I was surprised, anything before 170 feels normal like wind pushing you sideways back and forth, but once you get past 170 the pressure is pushing down upon you and the sound reflected that! like "whu whu whu" it was badass lol gave me a thrill. Then about 1 mile after we shut it down, a state trooper was on the side of the road :-D he would have #### his pants thinking about what just happed lol if we pasted him at great speeds :-). Well probably not since it IS Houston and its common normal ahaha crazy Houstonians :-D

hmmm. I can't really say
wink.gif
the needle stopped moving.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110510643 -->

last summer I had my busa up to 212mph and have it verified on tape as well as a video camera shooting the episode on about a 1 1/2 mile straight that was a perfect day.. all I can say is dont lean up and keep your testicles close to the tank.....:cool:

130Mph ... But thats the max i can do on the roads in my city!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
I must be the slowest busa member on the boards

160 indicated is it for me. Could have gone faster, but didn't feel comfortable enough with the conditions.

180 indicated with another Blackandblueisfastest right behind me!

smile.gif
I didn't buy the 'Busa for top speeds, I bought it for the incredible smooth street bike she is. Also, I'm not up to getting on the freeway yet, still learning
smile.gif

smile.gif

The 1st and only time i rode dads i was doing about 80 when he blew by me on my bike. I pulled back on the throttle and looked down about 5 seconds later and was at 150.

Back