how fast have you had it?

Whats the deal with GPS I got a reading of 151 and the guy on the R1 I was racing said he hit 186 on his speedo. Is it really possible 35 MPH off on speedo?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
yes the speedo is off that much . my speedo says 185 when my gps says 163

rock.gif

I got 160 per the speedo. I'd installed a "Yellow Box" to ensure an accurate speed but when I got my GPS and was checking out the new toy, I realized that the Yellow Box only gets you accurate at the speed you tested it at, it doesn't correct the speedo over all so even though it said 160, it was probably closer to 150.
i am glad you posted this . a guy i know tells me his speedo is accurate at 160 cause he used a yellow box at 100 . i had a feeling he was wrong

i know on my busa at 20 mph the speedo is right on with the gps but when the speedo is at 80 mph i am only doing 73 or 74 on the gps . the faster you go the more it is off .

i tried to explain this to him but he insists he has done 160mph  cause his speedo said so  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119444806 -->

I thought these things were slow, If they ever put at least a 5 speed tranny in them maybe it will be faster...

Maybe some inverted forks, and a bigger tire...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Indicated 160

Loop 375 El Paso, TX

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I haven't gone past 6k RPM. Talk about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Around 6k in top gear thing was doing about 130 or was it 140? I can't remember I was holding onto the bike like a factory sticker.

Hit the wall in 6th gear 2005 stock busa speedo buried, whatever speed that is.
smile.gif
I went from average of 50+ MPG down into the twentys in a matter of seconds kind of neat to think how much fuel this thing was sucking down at those RPM's

174 mph GPS, this was burried past the 185 speedo mark but that is because of the gear change. Gotta love the local airport letting me top it out while also doing a school project.

mine has the mototeck 220mph gauges, originally from Canada it was kmp..
so i had mine up to 205mph indicated which may be way off, i am not sure about the kilo to mph switch error.
Bone Stock.
anyone else have a kilo to mile gauge switch?

I have had the needle burried with throttle full open for up to roughly 5 miles at a time before (well numerous times).

Like Spigga said. if you bounce off 185 and let off then you probably are not doing 185.. I think it takes a few miles of road for it to actually build up to a true GPS speed of 185 or so.

I need to get a GPS just to check my theory
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135019014 -->

135 on the GPS around 700 miles into "break-in" the speedo was up above 150... I often wonder if the GPS catches up on quick bursts of speed. It never seems like it. I hit the 130's(speedo) ehemmm "passing" cars on some back roads and the GPS never got over 102... Anybody have any thoughts, my speedo can't be that far off and I can't see how many sats and strength on my GPS while on the logging screens... If your in the trees etc is the signal that much diminished...?

Do you all scream, YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! in the helmet like I do when you do top speed runs?

Do you all scream, YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! in the helmet like I do when you do top speed runs?
+1

I did this morning when I got back from the gym. I decided to take the interstate instead of surface streets. Topped out at an indicated 185 and at redline. Don't know actual but its fast enough.
AAAssjani.gif

Cool thing was I saw someone walking down the emergency lane and spotted him looking back 1/4 mile up. He looked stunned to say the least.

Back