How fast have you been

God that would suck to be all tucked in and on it hard and see the red flashers...glance at the speedo and its @ 150 or something.
wow.gif

I got popped doing 120 in a 70 on my SV650 ...got wrote up for 105 in a 70 and was let go. It was my lucky day.

(BTW paid a lawyer $500 and he got it thrown out of court. )

I have a complex after that....I will speed again but I might do several laps before doing it and make damn sure I got a clear zone with no cops in it.

Up to 100mph I am pretty comfy but once I get into the 110+ range ...120+ especially it gets kind of scary cause you know damn well that if you get yanked at that point your in hot water.

Now let's pose this question, what's the fastest you've gone with a rider.

Call me crazy, but 160 ind. here.

Yeah yeah, save it.

Kev

Oh man I am gonna take some grief for this one but my GF loves to ride and go fast wheelies whatever we hit the rev limiter in 5th speedo was reading about 180. No your right she didnt like it after that she said it felt like the helmet was going to rip her off the bike because she couldnt tuck very well. She is good to about 150 or so I tried to give her my GSXR1100 before I sold it she loves to go for a ride in the stock car or drive my other snomobile jump stuff on back of my four wheeler etc but she had no intrest in driving her own bike I thought it would be cool to have someone to ride with plus chicks on bikes rock
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

I've seen 160 indicated, back before I switched to 220 gauges and added a SpeedoHealer.  I'd just love to find a place that is flat enough, long enough, and free of cops....if I was guaranteed not to get pulled over, I'd love to just tuck in and let it go wiiiiiiiiiiide open.....
C'mon down to So. Illinois. Deer can be a problem but we got long straight roads and few cops that care........

Why is it that MOST of us cruise at a comfortable 85-100 as if thats where the wrists falls. A 130mph jaunt aint shytt ya do it on a clear straightaway. 155mph is neat but nothing really but WHY IN THE HELLL is it that when you glance down and see the NEEDLE WAY THE FUK OVER DOWN THERE above 170 your heart sinks in, you get giddy as helll, and you tingle all over with an over whelming nervousnes delight and suddleny remember your not paying much attention to the road and panic and back out of it laughing the entire time knowing you had more to go.

OR IS THAT JUST ME. Ive had it to 201.1 a couple times.
jd

Why is it that MOST of us cruise at a comfortable 85-100 as if thats where the wrists falls.  A 130mph jaunt aint shytt ya do it on a clear straightaway.  155mph is neat but nothing really but WHY IN THE HELLL is it that when you glance down and see the NEEDLE WAY THE FUK OVER DOWN THERE above 170 your heart sinks in, you get giddy as helll, and you tingle all over with an over whelming nervousnes delight and suddleny remember your not paying much attention to the road and panic and back out of it laughing the entire time knowing you had more to go.

OR IS THAT JUST ME.  Ive had it to 201.1 a couple times.
jd
I dont know but you just made me want to hurry up and use up my break-in miles....750 to go.
40__s.gif

At 175 I was afraid to take my eyes off of the 1/4 inch of road I could see. So I really don't know what I got up to. So I'll say 175.

Scratch my 95...I took it up to 115 or so today briefly. Damn it hit that speed fast...it was barely purring along too.
biggrin.gif

At what speed does the Busa stop accelerating as fast? Or does it pull like a train to max?

I have gone about 175 mph on my 04 Busa. When you are below 160, the feels like it is crusin'...I agree when you get up to about 170...I feel like I am gonna get blown off the back the bike...I have rode other bikes, but none feel like the Mighty Busa!!!

Back