how fast have you had it?

steve w/ an FJ

Registered
So who's taken their Hayabusa out to the desert to see what it'll do? I've got a 20 year old FJ1100 and I've had it up to an indicated 145, but I suspect that the speedo's a little optomistic. I once beat a blown 'vette (with my old lady on the back).

So what's your highest indicated speed to date, and as a side note, do you think that the speedo's are accurate? I'm looking at the Haybusa; it's a very interesting motorcycle.

{Oops, sorry. I just found the Top Speed forum}

<!--EDIT|steve w/ an FJ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119116949 -->

Welcome to the Org
smile.gif
, The fastest I've been on the Ol Busa would be 185(indicated) and my oh my it's like a rocket
biggrin.gif

Check my sig.  
cool.gif

I even made sure I included the date I did it.

And welcome!

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119125566 -->

Welcome to the board...!!!

...the busa is capable of 186 stock, and I've done about 145
biggrin.gif
... then again im in india!! With the kinda roads here, 145 is warp speed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

As fast as a derestricted Busa with a few mods will go. Do it fairly often, sometimes for some fairly long distances. Got vid links on here showing it.

my speedo is way off . 185 indicated is about 163 on the gps. i had this experiance with both of my bone stock 2005 busa's

gm1300, so how long have you had to hold it @ 186 to get to the top end? What is your fastest GPS speed so far on your stock bike?

man, BT. everytime I see that 10 I start to drool. she's just a beaut!

I've cranked it up to 160'sh.

Shortly after I got mine I took her out one day to put it on the peg & I got scared about the time she showed 174-175 & she was still pullling. Front suspension seemed to get rock hard. It was my fault, I had just clicked in the settings I use for R1 forks before the run. Should have checked here for the right way to set it up. Will try again to peg it when the time is right. At least the bike is right now.

I did 72 (indicated of course) but then again I was passing someone on the freeway
tounge.gif

I got scared at how quickly I went from 0-16 mph, so I have locked my busa in the garage and don't even look at it.
tounge.gif

Back