How fast have you been

Fast enough for now besides, my wife is a rider as well and, knows her way to here.
I took her 2-up once in the middle of nowhere and, gently rolled it on for a few gears starting off in second. I shifted as smoothly as I could and, rolled on gently again till I saw about 160 indicated.
When I asked her how fast she thought we were going she said, oh, I'd say about 120.
I told her that was close enough of a guess and, left it at that.

I saw 174 indicated on Train but I had already started to roll off the throttle and the needle was sweepin' down and was just under 175 when I looked. Don't know what it went to but I saw it just under 175 so I counted it as 174. It scrubbed off a few mph before I looked down but since I didn't see it I don't claim it.
rock.gif

Oh, and that was the ONE time I had 'er on a TRACK... (... BT says as he whistles and grins really big...
biggrin.gif
)

In the event my wife ever surfs this site......................... 85mph....................honest!!!! ;)

165 indicated and an oncoming car crested the hill so I backed out. No sense in being stupid about it. I have sustained 140 for more than a few minutes and I gotta tell ya it REALLY cuts down commute time! Not real good for gas mileage though
tounge.gif

165 indicated and an oncoming car crested the hill so I backed out. No sense in being stupid about it. I have sustained 140 for more than a few minutes and I gotta tell ya it REALLY cuts down commute time! Not real good for gas mileage though
tounge.gif
Hey Moose, you think that cuts down drive time, try pegged for about 5 minutes strait. I think that gets you over 15 miles in 5 minutes.

The speedo on your Busa is off by 8.2%.  In other words, if you are travelling at 100 MPH indicated on the speedo, you are really only doing something around 91.8 MPH.  This is what I have discovered using my Garmin 2610 GPS on at least two different Busa's as well as many other bikes and cars. Last time my GPS indicated 290 KMH (179 MPH) where it read like 300 KM/H but was stuck there.  When you 1st hit (speedo indicated) 300 KMH, you are really only doing 274.5 and the speedo will stay there for a few seconds until the bike really hits 300 KMH and the limiter.  I could have gone faster 'cept i ran out of road.
sad.gif
  I have pics of the readout on the GPS if anyone cares...

I ran my 02 Busa up and when I let off I looked down and the speedo showed 155.  The funny part was I was in 4th gear and was running up on another bike and forgot to shift.  I should have passed it but we were running out of road.

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! i got her up to 135 this weekend and i swear i felt the same excitement as the first time i did G-pulls in the HH-65 Dolphins we have on base. it was all i could do to just stay tucked in as tight as possible to avoid the blast of wind trying to seperate me and my beloved.

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! i got her up to 135 this weekend and i swear i felt the same excitement as the first time i did G-pulls in the HH-65 Dolphins we have on base. it was all i could do to just stay tucked in as tight as possible to avoid the blast of wind trying to seperate me and my beloved.
If you've only been to 135, you ain't seen nothin' yet.
biggrin.gif

Back