How fast have you gone on your Bus? A poll.

Just got back from my best top speed run. Let me tell you all something, cuz I'm curious now....I looked at the speedo as I was headed north on 113 towards woodland, CA, and saw 190+...he're the question...I couldn't let go of the damn throttle! The cars were coming at me awful damn fast and I seriously couldn't let it go. Does that happen to anyone else at these sort of speeds, and if so, tell me what you did to release....I ended up grabbing the damn clutch to slow down before I could unrollmy right hand. Must be that death grip thing...? BTW, what a rush :)

hmmmmm..this is tricky..i think the sound of the big 1300 might be spelled like:

baaaawhhhoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRMMM!!!!

thats from starting around 4000rpm in 2nd...lol

speed

Managed to get 190mph indicated out of her yesterday, and still reads 10.4 miles / litre!!! after a 4 mile right-on-the-edge-of-my-nerve-envelope burn!! AND SHE WAS STILL PULLING... SH1T!!!!
Was having a slight problem with head buffeting, more like harsh vibration, sort of rattled my teeth loose, but it was worth it!
Only did it coz a sports car (New Jag I think) decided they were going to cut me up on a roundabout and floor it, I let him get a little ahead then set the go-go juice free. Went past him like he was reversing!
How do you spell the noise it makes??

wwwhhhhuuuuuuummmmmmppppfffffffffff
or is it
pppphhhhfffffooooowwwwwwwwwwwaaaarrrrr
:) :) :) :) :)
Stay Safe

NumbNuts

Yo, Numbnuts, try the Zero-Gravity Double-bouble screen. Looks good, makes the ride feel better. Say goodby to the buffeting of the cranium forever.

I saw my speedo indicate 200mph. I was on this long, straight and flat bridge in Pennsylvania. I wanted to go for the full monty (220mph), but from the time it took to look down at the speedo and look back up at the road I ran out of usable real estate. Not to mention that I realized that I didn't even have the throttle WIDE OPEN!

What a rush!

The real fun is feeling the bike accelerate!

I'll give it another shot some other time.

You know, a lot of us are saying the same thing. Our top speed is not limited by the ability of the Bus to traverse asphalt. It is limited by the terrain. In reality, there are very few places long enough, flat enough, vacant enough without driveways or side roads to go 200mph. I'm still looking.

65 mph. In 6th. Had it 6 weeks. 174 miles. If your gonna add a turbo its a good idea to be nice to the bearings early. Already full of Mobil MX4T and new filter. Will change oil and filter every 250 miles till 2000 miles. Then install turbo. EVERBODY asks me ,how fast ya had it? You should see their faces when I say 65.

Fraction over 190 indicated running down a slip-road between the A41 and M25 westbound at Watford. It's the longest, bit of road around these parts that I know of, and like DanaT I wanna see a LONG way ahead before I go for a highest speed stunt.

Maybe you think I'm a wheener not doing 180 every day Omega, but I have this inate fear of doing a 100+mph face plant into the back of a cage. The roads in the UK are just too damn short/twisty/packed with other people to permit that kind of stunt on a regular basis. I'd love to see how fast my bus will go, but short of hiring out heathrow airport for the afternoon, the only 200+mph that my bus will ever see will be on a Dyno.

Anybody else in the UK know a decent road, I'd love to hear it.

180 MPH on speedometer with a 190lbs passenger. That was last saturday night heading south on I-75 with like 6 other bikes. I was the only riding with a passenger. Was me and my brother on the busa , ZX9,TL1000,GSX1100R,ZX6 and a Honda F3.But guess who was the fastest? The Busa of course.

[This message has been edited by carlitobusa (edited 20 June 2000).]

Back