How fast have you gone on your Bus? A poll.

2000 Blue Silver, BMC air filter and pair removed- 195 on speedo and still pulling. Semi pulled over in passing lane a mile or so ahead and I was catching up way too fast. Bike had more left than me but was solid as a rock. Jack

Why can't you Brits spell tire right, freaks?
What's a freakin tyre? :)

blue has 5 more hp due to color scheme. copper(orange?) is oldie/slowly...

160 mph,breaking the law on HWY 237,no time to think,just aim.When I find out what the noise is on the right side of the engine and is it safe to go faster I will try to break the 200mph mark on the speedo.

I have seen 320kph (200mph) on my speedo and it wasn't top speed yet, but I had to stop due of other trafic! (surprise, surprise)

I am a sissy! 165 . Just now have the 'bus broke in and am starting to get the revs up. I hope to get to our test track soon. I don't get much of a chance to ride but the 'bus is very impressive!!!!

73 MPH...IN FIRST GEAR! (18 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET) I just got the bike the day before, and was following my sweetie home under strict speed restrictions.

Have since tried higher gears and higher speeds.

'99 Black and Gray, 205 indicated.....still pulling.........was driving by the Tach, and in 6th happened to look at the speedo, A$$hole puckered and backed off the throttle

Dear Dana! Laws were ment to be broken! My brother says the same thing to me on line! Where you gonna go 170 mph at he say! I tellem got 10 seconds! lol

To give some of you a couple of examples
of speed vs rpm. pipe and rider weight of 175# calm wind this is done with a gps garmin
wich is within a 1/4 of a mph to rader gun.
at 11,300 6 gear gps will read 196.? mph into rev limiter. at 11,000 rpm gps is 192.?mph. at 10,500 rpm not positive cant remeber
186 or 187 mph that is stock gearing.

As the old timers here know, this poll has been taken many times here before. With all the new blood I can appreciate it coming up again. What suprises me however is the bulk of the numbers on this thread are well below the busas capability. It puzzles me why you would purchase the fastest production motorcycle in existence if you never intended to experience the visceral nirvana of exceeding 190 actual. Within days of delivery of my first 99 model I buried the speedo with stock gearing. Every time I rode I saw 180. On my current 2000 I hit 215 indicated with a 16 tooth front, around 189 actual. Point is, what are you all waiting for? You dont need miles of open highway to get there, and she wont take much to slow down either. Just get her up to about 100 in 6th, plant your chest firmly on the tank, and roll it back till it stops. When you see the needle sweep smoothly past 200 you'll appreciate where I'm coming from. Dont worry, she's as stable as a freightrain at those speeds. Good Luck and Enjoy

Wegs, I think you should have my name, pulling away in 3rd?? Maybe you should either take out shares in a clutch plate company or try 1st and 2nd!!!! :)

I agree with fast_eddie regarding the reason for Busa ownership but hey mate, the last paragraph was well out of order. This ain't no LABUSA.

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

180 mph on the straights, does 90 mph through the posted 35 mph curves count?

Traveling fast down the highway is fun, but I bought my 2000 busa because it was more comfortable than an R1, faster than a XX, and the best looking bike overall. It's the best, well rounded bike for my money.

Back