How fast have you gone on your Bus? A poll.

My 2 cents.

First of all...what the are any of you doing looking down at the speedo or tach when approaching 200?

Second, the fastest that I have had my busa is around the 130 range (read first comment). Why haven't I had it any faster. Well on public roads there seems to be an extraordianry amount of of jackass drivers doing everything except paying attention when driving. How many times do you see a slow car traveling in the left lane? It is simply not safe to drive fast in the US.

I compare this to driving fast on Autobahns where traffic is predictable, there is limited access, the streets are in good repair and drivers are used to fast approaching vehicles. It is much safer.

Why did I buy the hayabusa if I dodn't want to drive 190mph? I like the torque, the power, the acceleration. I also like know that I can go as fast as I want to.

From what I have seen many people also have 'net speed' and 'net hp' when posting. By net, I mean what they claim on net. There is no way to prove or disprove these people.

As far as all the races between zx12 and busas, ect. When I go to the bike hangouts and everyone is talking **** , thats normally all it is...**** talking. Very few ever race and they always have excuses.

Last time anyone talked **** to me and a buddy my friend was riding a CBRF2 (this was about 5 years ago). A 900RR came up and said "i bet I can beat that 600". My next comment was "How much?" He was quite confused and then I pulled out $100 and asked if he would bet $100. All of a sudden that 900 wasn't so fast. He wouldn't race. Of coarse he wouild have been spanked (a 600 being sprayed was faster than the 900..especially at high altitudde).

So my point is: I don't go balls out on US streets too many idiots. I will run at the track. No, I haven't run the busa. I run my GSXR (hopefully i can run it in the next few weeeks). And finally always take what you dont see with a grain of salt. Everyone has a story.

-Dana

Omega,

Not everyone buys "the worlds fastest production motorcycle" to go the fastest that it can achieve.

Some people actually buy the bike because it's a very beautiful machine, well engineered, and unique to anything else out there.

If you pegged your '99 days after delivery, can't wait to hear you ***** in the future about motor problems due to bad break in period.

Some of us bought the busa because we like to push the envelope, and there's no finer machine made to do it on. Does that qualify?

Eddie, stick to the bikes you pedal you little spandex wearing weasel.

[This message has been edited by OMEGA (edited 02 June 2000).]

Got hold of a GPS for the weekend....going on a long trip with tiny pillion passanger

When the reading gets to 200mph I'll be happy....otherwise I'll just keep on riding untill it pops up!!

Oh yes, 'lantabusa
TYRE IS SPELT THIS WAY BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS BEEN SPELT. JUST LIKE COLOUR, WHISKY AND YOUAREAPRAT :)

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

Okay, after re-reading my post, I agree, the last paragraph of my post to Omega was out of line.

I publicly apologize to 'O for it.

I took acception at Omega's attitude as if you aren't worthy of 'Busa ownership if your not pushing it's top speed potential. I thought that was pretty lame.

I too bought it to push it's top speed 'O, I just don't need to prod anyone else into doing so, or make anyone feel like their unworthy if their not doing it.

Anyway, before I ripped her apart to install frame sliders and some other gadgets this evening, I managed to get a speedo indicated 195. Still stock, 1250 miles, '00 Blue/Silver.

BTW, Omega, I ride and race mountainbikes, so I do the peddle bike thing AND I wear spandex!! :^) What can I say, I am a child of the eighties... :^)

Peace.

Fast Eddie, you sound like you have balls the size of raisins. But loads of common sense, right? Fukkin idiot.......

It was constructive criticism, not a flame you stupid f***. If you had any brains at all you would have read AND understood what I was saying.

For the brain matter impaired (read: Omega); The 'Busa is an excellent piece of machinery, a solid, comfortable bike that can outperform anything out there with the right rider aboard. It doesn't necessarily mean that you HAVE to push it to it's maximum potential. Some people actually buy the bike because it's a great machine, not because it CAN do 200 MPH.

But that's okay, you've proven pretty clear that your one of the azz*** wanna-bees that only bought the bike for bragging rights. "Gee, look at me, the male Sandra Dee, I have the fastest production bike made, oh look at me..." You pathetic little loser.

Anyone can point and shoot in a straight line. Come riding with me in the twisties and we'll see who's nuts are raisin sized nimrod.

Guess I should have expected that from such a brain dead piece of dung.

BTW, I think your old lady was mumbling something about Omega's little nuts while she was gagging on mine.

[This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited 02 June 2000).]

I've seen 200 indicated on my '99, whatever that means in real mph. Rock steady, except that distant objects get bigger REAL FAST at that speed.

That same day, I set the front wheel down at 145 in the middle of 4th gear... What the f*** was I thinking!?! My buddy who was sitting by the side of the road watching the shenanigans said as I came back, "Wegs, if you could see yourself doing that, you wouldn't do it anymore... just freakin' heinous." I rode the rest of the way home with a seriously shell-shocked look on my face.

On another note, I think my favorite rush though is the third-gear pull from 70 to 145... never had a bike that pulls this hard. Coo.

Another thing that just kills me about the Bus is that you can actually leave a stop in third gear and pull smoothly all the way to 145~. Just freakin' amazing. ;-)

Cheers all,
Wegs

170mph for me so far...damn thing was still pulling like crazy..makes my Blackbird look like a ninja 250..can't wait to find a decent stretch of road to truly open this thing up..too much traffic and cops on the highways around here thanx to past memorial day weekend and now kids getting out of school and raising hell..its a 2000 red and silver by the way..1300miles..and happily counting

speed

200mph 2weeks ago in eastern washington .
105mph last week with a honda cbr929rr next to me on the rear tire. ( that guy could ride )

210mph indicated;stillpulling:might have seen the rev limiter(220+,-,supposed to be actual 196-198;if the tire is slipping more than that,I guess the GarmanIII will tell me next time), with "ideal conditions",a little time,distance,and wind assist

Omega,

Not a bad bike at all. You can always put riser bars or a taller handlebar stem on any bike you decide on, same with the clips.

Most GT bikes are excellent. If you'd like to carry on this topic, shoot me an e-mail, I'll try to help you out with your decision.

It ain't got no motor, but crankin' down a mountainside at 45+ mph is a blast!! Glad to see anyone get into the sport.

davlin@tiac.net

Good enough, I need info on a bike. I was looking at a GT Aggressor. I want something thats livable to ride and doesnt require clips on the pedals or the ballbusting seat or the really low bars. Would the aggressor be a good choice?

211 actual on a standing mile, not sure if I was on one wheel or two, or what planet I was on. I was just screaming in my lid. It was the first time I had ridden any bike on Nitrous in anger. This was at a Streetfighters Drag meet with Mile lights on the left lane.It was a rough old perimeter track of a WW2 airfield. I did 205 with a ruck sack on my back (for camera gear) and a head cam. this is on the Streefighters Video. That was the first day of the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!1

i have gone 195 indicated on my black 99 busa but have indicated 205 on my copper busa with air box mod, and yosh ti-pipe. i think the copper bike is faster but both are rock stable. the air box and pipe make a huge difference. two busa's twice the fun! peace

Back