PCII
207GPs [no rain]
Ferodos
Fork revalved/springs
**** taken off
Genmars
Can't remember -- $5,700
Total $17,200 - minus 47 lbs, it rocks

This could be the scarriest topic ever on this site. We will just get a little off topic with this.

"The Aftermarket Hall of Shame and Fame"

How about things that I bought that did not live up to the Hype.

1) Texas Fairing Underfender - Not a bad product in quality, but that tug boat style. Even worse its just a poorly ran business. $250 :( :( :(

2) Suzuki Copper Magnetic Tank Bag - Another good product with a really bad color match. Buy the Black one.$110 :(

3) Suzuki Gel Seat - It is OK, but not what you would think. Stock seat is really good in comparison.$140 :(

Great products for the buck

1) Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen - The screen that should be installed before the bike leaves the showroom, it really is that much better. :) :) :) :)

2) Factory Pro Shift Kit - The product works like it does for everyother bike that they make one for. The bike snaps into gear everytime, just a pain to install. :)

3) CRG Billet Bar-end Mirror - The little known solution for the evel blind spots and the elbows that live in the stock mirror. A simple thing that could save your life. :) :)

4) Bagster Tank Cover - Maybe not a sporty as the Second Look, but way more protective when used with a tank bag. Very high quality as nothing else compares.It is just a not well known product in the US. :) :)

5) Valentine 1 radar laser detector - Could not live with out it, at least not on the roads in my neck of the woods. Expensive yes, but so are speeding tickets and insurance surcharges. $ :)$

6) ShermWorks Kickstand Mod - A simple and effective way to keep her from falling down faster than an Irishman at a Wedding, And the man will sell you the parts for next to nothing. You have to give him a lot of credit on this one. The postage costs about as much as he is charging. A member helping another,that is way cool. :) :)$ :) :)

Sorry to go a little off topic but you may find this interesting.

:)(NO ETHNIC SLAM INTENDED) :)

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 21 October 1999).]

9600.00 2 month old busa from guy loosing his job
60.00 lowering brackets
30.00 front fork strap
50.00 airbox mod
200.00 painted left fairing(put it down)
200.00 deal on new fairing from a member
500.00 micron pipe , (deal from member)
242.00 pc2 , (deal from member)
52.00 brakes
240.00 schnitz clutch mod
250.00 dyno time
280.00 mez3 race compound tire

i dont wanna know what it adds up to. if i want it ill buy it....

$10000.00 total....150 + bhp right out of the box.....that's good enuff for me ! SAve my money for tires...
good job Suzuki

Its a draw thru turbo ,rayjay ff40. Didnt go fuel injection because i didnt feel like spending 4500.00 on a kit. Nitrous will be used to intercool. My motor is a 1246,9:1 compression piston etc. Trying to find app. what gearing is right without having to make alot of changes at the track. Ive got a 15 tooth sprocket in front and a 43 on the rear right now, considering a 44 in the rear but who knows . Gearing might be right on at this time but I guess i will have to try it first...just trying to get a few ideas where people are at.
seb

Is that all boys?
heres a little list and cost to build my turbo gsxr.
bike nah lets not even count that.
rc rims 1300
beadlock 850
tires 390
front forks(lowering/machining) 150
rear shck 650
swingarm 550
boost gauge,pyrometer,air/fuel/shift light etc 400+
schnitz prostreet controller,dyna coils,pick up 750
air shifter 200
turbo system 2500
now for the motor!
stainless valves 216
arais custom pistons 400
valve spring kit 135
vavle keepers 30
cam chain 30
misc. in head 50
knife rods 640
falicon billet crank 1700
rd tranny 350
sk big block 610.00
chain 160
sprockets 100
12161.00 in just parts...not counting time or going into more parts for the bike or the bike itself....

n2oboy that's about what i have in my turbo bike parts but the turbo was a little more expensive and so where the wheels (pm beadlocks gold plated). It is a mid to low 8 sec. bike and it is for sale. it is a 96 with very low miles. and my busa is probably going to exceed that project!

[This message has been edited by turbo1300 (edited 22 October 1999).]

turbo1300,its a 96 what gsxr? What dispacement and where have you run this bike ? Prostar ? Did tj do your beadlock? Hahaha what kind of gearing did you wind up with for your bike? Your starting another project!!!! Shame on you,bad boy, I think Im going to build a Busa as well next.
cool keep me informed on your next project!! good luck

n20boy, yeah tj did my wheel for me. my busa makes 208 hp right now. i found out about the cam flaw the hard way about a month ago. it is a gsxr1200(1198). i have several sets of sprockets that i have been using, what kind of turbo are you using? I have a HRC and are you using a intercooler? I didn't because i was going to use the juice to keep it cool but now i have a new love that i am working on.

Back