anyone race a zx12r yet?

OB_c_rod2000

Registered
i recently rolled it on with one of my buddies and our STOCK bikes. it is true what the magazines say. any gear from a roll i walked away about 8-9 bikes. even when we went for reall the suzuk pulled hard enough to put me out ahead. Predjudice aside i do not really like the bike. the riding position is not as aggresive. it feels like riding a can-o-tuna! it only revs 1000 more and its enough to make it seem like ridin a 750. sorry ill stick with the bus!!

i said "from a roll on". i also stated when it was actually a race in the right gears etc. it was close. i meant when your in to high of a gear for speed etc. and you roll on the bus will pull away because of cc's.

I believe him, stock or with pipes doesnt matter.
There's no comparison.

I find 8-9 bikes hard to believe re roll ons, the Busa has pretty tall gearing which kills roll on performance.

My Busa edges away from my pals ZX9C2 from 80MPH top gear roll ons, my R1 murdered him.

Are you running stock gearing?

I saw my first one actually on the road tonight. It was the burgundy color and some joker had hung a 55 gallon drum from the right rear footpeg. He didn't seem to have any particular interest in being in the same place at the same time as my bike.

YES! I've also seen one with that 55 gallon drum on the side! I think the 12 riders are transporting "TITANIUM" from location to location. They may be spies. watch your back.

C_Rod-- Dude, what are you talking about? I am definitly agreeing with the skeptics on this one. I have a 2000 Busa, my friend, who I ride with almost every day has a ZX12. A few times we switched bikes, and in my opinion I think the ZX12 handles better then the Busa, because of the riding position and shorter wheelbase. The power and speed are similer. But the Busa is a much better all around bike no question. I am glad I bought the Busa. :)

The majority has ruled on this. The Busa won. There are a few die-hards, like our friend FearsomeK at LABusas, who are still in denial, but the best evidence is sales.

There are a few Busas to be found in showrooms, since it is a slow period for sales now. But the ZX-12's are going absolutely nowhere. Pretty much every dealer who ordered them, is either sitting on them, or taking a bad beating selling them.

To be fair, the 12 is a good bike. It is easier to work on than the Busa. C. Dolan and I raced at Carlsbad. The bikes were close, but he had the technique, by a lot. I've made big improvements in launch technique since then. Last time we met, I pulled him easily, but it was not a fair comparison, since the ZX-12's clutch was going bye-bye.

Nothing else in the class comes close to the Busa; but the ZX-12 is...close, but not quite.

Went past a CBR600 yesterday like he was on his coffee break. Watched in the rear view mirror as he wobbled through the aftershock!!

Marvellous Nuts ;)

i raced a 12 r at the strip with my 97 xx. 143 rwhp 83 tq....
7 passes, he beat me but.......

i ran 108 1/8 he ran 110.
i ran 131.7 mph quarter, he ran 135

i have yosh rs3 with dynojet stage 1 jet kit
he was lowered, geared, and muzzy pipe...
he would beat me by 5-6 bikes, honestly i am not impressed..........

With all that done to the ZX-12, I wouldn't be impressed, either. ( 135 mph ) At 220 wt. I've gone 138, in the quarter, bone stock. What was altitude of track ? Was there a headwind, high air temp, or humidity ?

Customers bike @ N.E. Dragway, with local fast guy on it went 9.90 @ 140+mph. He only made two runs. Bike was dropped 3", stock gearing/pipe. No other mods. On the highway it runs close to my Busa.

In process of installing +6" arm, air shifter, and Muzzy on the 12. Then we'll see what it does..

Dave

Back