GSX1300R vs ZX12R

The writer gets awfully subjective, talking about how ugly the Busa is and how pretty the ZX-12 is. I could just as easily say most people feel like I do, that the Busa is one of the prettiest bikes ever made, and that the ZX-12 is really plain looking. I like the red 12 okay, but its looks are forgettable.

Sherm, if the 12 had been a piece of crap like some Busa owners might have hoped, there is no way Kawasaki would have released it. It may have been a piece of crap early on in its development (I kind of doubt it though), but if it had been, they would have just kept going back to the drawing board until they had a good bike. It's not like Kawasaki doesn't know how to build motorcycles, after all. They're bound to get it right eventually.

I do not understand all this crap about Busa vs. ZX12. What difference does it make which one is faster or quicker. Why does anyone care that some guy from a magazine in England thinks the ZX12 is better looking. That is just an opinion. Did we, as Busa owners really believe the other three Japanese bike manufacturers would take the Busa lying down. Well, maybe Yamamha will take it. My next door neighbor, who is also one of my best friends is eagerly awaiting the arrival of his ZX12. My Busa is ready and waiting for the "Blessed" event. I do not fear the ZX12 or any other bike for that matter. I mean if we race the worst thing that can happen is we could loose a race. I guarantee I will not loose every race I have against a ZX12. Some, but not all. We should welcome the ZX12 afterall it is a bike built in the same spirit as the Busa. To kick *** and take names. Is that a bad thing?

Very few people share your view busadan, I find it refreshing but I can tell you that most people bought busas to have the supreme machine. The undisputed king of the road.
The thought of having to relinquish that crown to a kwaker pains them greatly.
If everyone were like you there would be a lot less ZX12's sold.

<<Very few people share your view busadan, I find it refreshing but I can tell you that most people bought busas to have the supreme machine. The undisputed king of the road.
The thought of having to relinquish that crown to a kwaker pains them greatly.>>

GEEZ!!!!!! I'm with you Dan. If a Busa is what provides you with your self esteem, go see a therapist! The bike is GREAT! I love it because, ugly or beautiful, NOTHING looks like it. Do you guys REALLY think the Busa was gonna be the supreme machine for life? Oh my G-d, the 12R is 2.4 mph faster, I have no penis anymore!!!!!!!

I'm just happy I own a very capable and extremely fast motorcycle, the likes of which (other than the 12R) we may not see again. Limits ARE coming.

My opinion only.

Mal

Busadan--I agree with your post.

All bikes are a compromise. The Busa won sports tourer of the year from MCN. That is what the bike is, like it or not. For me it was exactly what I was looking for.

I bought an R1 to satisfy another specific purpose.

The 12R will trade some of the Busa's steadiness and full forward drive for better handling and inability to keep the wheel the down under full throttle without lowering. Physics my friends. I don't care what you do to the bike for modification. Its not a true sports bike..(wheel base and weight)

The 12R WILL NOT be a true sports handling bike no matter how much some will wish it. And I will bet you $$$$$$$$$$ it will not keep up with an R1 or 929 in the tight turns. Impossible. It will be a better handling bike over the long ride than the Busa--Thats what it was designed for. But, it will be more sensitive to what gear/rpm you are in on the street so you better know how to ride and be able to concentrate. 100 cc's are missing.

IT WILL BE TO THE BUSA WHAT THE NEW GSXR1000 WILL BE TO IT.

It was designed as a compromise between speed and handling--more towards sports than tourer than the Busa. They were smart not to duplicate the Busa because they need another market to go after. Suzuki never said the Busa was a sports bike, they went out of their way to make that point clear. gsxR750, gsx1300R, and the likely bike to fill the gap gsxR1000. Probably close to the R1 in weight, with a specific purpose of outhandling/powering the best sport bike. Different levels of bike features for different buyers. Pick what you like and save for it.

I will spank my share of 12R's with my Busa and the R1, that you can be assure of--on the street where you can not hide your skills. And I am sure I will also be humbled by other bikes with superior riders. It happens every year regardless of what bike.

As far as this ugly thing--what the ****e they are looking at I don't know. The 12r IS NOT A PICTURE OF BEAUTY. Just another bike IMHO. Which is all that matters-My opinion- my money. The Busa will continue to stop traffic with its looks and the 12R??--people will have to decide if its a 9R or ?. But, of course you can be a NINJA. hehe

All kidding aside--Get what YOU like whatever bike that might be and enjoy it. Pissing matches on this type of site is going to continue, unfortunately.

Just want to retort before I leave on the blue warrior for the day, the 1300 aint no sport tourer. It may be long and heavy but take that bodywork off and you'll find as good a chassis as has ever been made. The ergos with the stock pegs are as bad as anything out there and the suspension can be adjusted to hold its own with just about anything with the right rider aboard. Sorry bobby but I firmly believe that the 12 will have the goods to battle any literbike on any track or road without handicap. Its less than an inch longer than a niner, also with a ti pipe and your wheels its at 435 dry. That combined with a 56.5in wheelbase will make it a big niner, with the same world class chassis levels they have finally achieved this year. Other than that pick the one that floats your boat and you wont be sorry.

Back