New ZX12R Cracks 190mph (still beaten by Busa)

OB_EZ2XLR8

Registered
Here's the latest from MCN.

I've included the link:
http://www.motorcycleworld.co.uk/bikes/bikes.asp?page=Latest+Bike+News&id=277

and the text:
=============================================
24 April 2000 09:53:47GMT

New ZX-12R cracks 190mph
By MCN Reporter
HELD flat-out for lap after lap of Italy's Nardo Speed Bowl, Kawasaki's ZX-12R hit 190.4mph but was still beaten by a Hayabusa by 1.2mph.

The test was conducted by Italian bike magazine Superwheels in near-ideal conditions.

When MCN tested both bikes last month on the two-mile straight at Bruntingthorpe the Hayabusa clocked 189mph, while the ZX-12R hit 182mph - both in a side wind.
=============================================

I know MCN is not the most respected Mag out there, but thought you'd be interested none the less.

Seems an odd speed (190.4 mph) at which to limit a bike. If the 2000 Busa ran 191.6mph can it be limited?
EZ

Doesn't sound like they are limited to me. Those speeds sound about right since conditions may vary. The Busa has proven to be only a little faster than the 12R.

I beg to differ!
1.2 mph more at 190 mph is a lot!
To gain any speed at that velocity requires mega horsepower or super slippery aerodynamics.
The Hayabusa is superior!

It's the superior aerodynamics of the Busa IMO. Unlike the Busa we've never seen any Cd numbers posted for the 12 to know for sure but based on the near identical HP with slight torque advantage of the Busa it could very well be the aerodynamics. Some same day dynotests show the Busa with a slight HP advantage and some tests give the 12 a slight advantage. Both bikes are generally around 160 +- a few. You will hear all kinds of creative excuses from the 12 crowd but the numbers speak for themselves. Master tuner Muzzy says they could find no "restriction" and you can believe they tore that bike apart looking for one. For some reason they believe that a 12 having the same HP and a little less torque than the Busa should run 20 mph faster on top and a half second faster in the quarter. Depending on what day of the week it is you will hear a different excuse. I believe today it was restricted gearing. Tuesday it is the restricted ECU. Wed should be retarded timing day and Thursday is low oil level day. Friday should still be restricted exhaust day. I recommend keeping sharp objects away from them!

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 24 April 2000).]

I could go on the road for months with the material you 12 guys have provided!

Back