Echr summer ride 2006 official thread

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
This is the official thread for the East Coast Hayabusa Riders (ECHR) 2006 Summer Ride.

Pre Ride Date: Saturday, July 8th, 2006.
Ride Date: Saturday, July 15th, 2006.
Rain Date: Saturday, July 29th, 2006.

The pre-ride, official ride, and rain date ride (if necessary) will begin at 9:00A.M at the McDonalds just south of 66 on 10730 Balls Ford Rd., Manassas, VA (Off of 234). Be there well before 9:00 AM. We leave promptly at 9:00 AM.

Here is the link for the map and details:

http://www.warrenbrown.com/summerride/summerride.htm

(Thanks Warren!)

The ECHR Summer Ride is for any motor cyclist who wishes to ride with us. We only ask that you ride safely and no hot dogging, except for Warren, DJ, and I (just kidding). Our group originated out of Virginia with our first ride/meet in Lynchburg, VA back in 2002. We now have riders who join us from VA, MD, DC, WV, KY, NC, and several from other states I can't remember.

ALL  "OFFICIAL"  RIDE  INFORMATION  FOR  THE  ECHR 2006  SUMMER RIDE  WILL  BE  POSTED  ON  THIS  THREAD  BY  EITHER  SAGERONIN,  WARBROWN,  OR  POSTAL.

Ride safe!

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150809466 -->

Sorry I couldn't make the spring ride. However I do plan on making the summer ride just make sure you pic good dates.

The ECHR Summer Ride is for any motor cyclist who wishes to ride with us.
As long as it's a 3 to 1 Hayubusa to non busa ratio, right?
laugh.gif

I was thinking... Maybe we could hold a poll on possible ride locations. IE, the beach, the mountains, etc...

I'd LOVE to ride at the beach, Never really done that yet...
cool.gif

Beach is good but I think I like the hills. I road from Richmond to Harrisburg, PA today. Was an awesome ride so I'd like to hit some twisties but I know this crew hits the beach for at least one ride during the year. Last year was cool. We did the ferry boat across the James at James Town. Did the VA Beach strip for lunch. The Williamsburg Colonial Parkway is really nice also...Lots of good riding either way..

Warren, DJ, and I are meeting soon to decide upon a route. We are looking at a ride that will be suitable for Summer, and something different to keep it interesting. We will let you all know soon!

Tom.

Man, I hope the dates fall within my op schedule. I missed the busa bash because I was deployed looking for narcotrafficers to bust. Any dates yet?

<!--EDIT|gers_hayabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149828843 -->

ALL: Sorry for the delay. Warren, DJ, and I are meeting at my house this coming Saturday (June 17th, 2006) to decide on the route. I think you all will like it. It will be a less agressive route than the Harrisinburg VA - to WV ride to Elkins over the "Tail of the Hillbilly" route. This ride will be more conducive to taking it easy, seeing the country, two-up, and having fun! More to come on this thread after 6/17/06.

P.

Come on come on give us a date give us something what are you waiting on? LOL.. Hope everyone is well No more outragious tickets and no more crashes. I got the fairing replaced so now I wont have to try and hide the fuel eating the paint.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE..................................................... << That's the drum roll.

HERE IT IS:

Pre Ride Date: Saturday, July 8th, 2006.
Ride Date: Saturday, July 15th, 2006.
Rain Date: Saturday, July 29th, 2006.

We will meet in Mannassas VA, ride to Gettysburg PA, stop along the way at several Civil War and other sites, and do some site seeing. We will disperse from Gettysburg and each person can go home their own way. This will be an easy ride, geat sights, great for two-up riding, and great fun!

Warren or I will post the ride map and start time very soon. Mark your calendars NOW!

P.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150595550 -->

Thanks Tom and Mrs Postal for the great hospitality today. The food and drinks were delicious. Warren's screens look great and I know his bike is happy with the fresh synthetic juice to drink:) It was good meeting Warren's Dad finally and Hydrabusa and the Gixxer rider. We even got a chance to make a brief stop at the Burger King Cruise-In ... nice place. We say Paul (GMBusa) there and I finally got to meet BassCrazy. It was a great day!!

So we're riding to PA huh?
rock.gif

Hrmmmmm...Mike's got a fall ride planned with myself and a couple of buddies to PA for frickin' hot wings
laugh.gif
Don't know if we'll be able to make that kind of trip twice this year, but I'll let him know what's going on and see what we can work out
biggrin.gif

So we're riding to PA huh?  
rock.gif

Hrmmmmm...Mike's got a fall ride planned with myself and a couple of buddies to PA for frickin' hot wings
laugh.gif
 Don't know if we'll be able to make that kind of trip twice this year, but I'll let him know what's going on and see what we can work out
biggrin.gif
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

We will meet in Mannassas VA, ride to Gettysburg PA, stop along the way at several Civil War and other sites, and do some site seeing. We will disperse from Gettysburg and each person can go home their own way.

I love the way this new Avatar thing is spreading....

P.

rock.gif

rock.gif

Thanks Tom and Mrs Postal for the great hospitality today. The food and drinks were delicious. Warren's screens look great and I know his bike is happy with the fresh synthetic juice to drink:) It was good meeting Warren's Dad finally and Hydrabusa and the Gixxer rider. We even got a chance to make a brief stop at the Burger King Cruise-In ... nice place. We say Paul (GMBusa) there and I finally got to meet BassCrazy. It was a great day!!
Glad to do it DJ. I had a great day as well! Mrs. P. did too. Looking forward to our Summer ride coming up soon.

Tom.

Hey guys, what does the Pre-ride consist of?
rock.gif
? We will be riding to Pa. or somewhere close to there?

Hey guys, what does the Pre-ride consist of?
rock.gif
? We will be riding to Pa. or somewhere close to there?
The pre-ride is a dry run of the proposed route so the actual ride can go off without a hitch. We get a feel for time between stops, where to break for gas/rest and where to eat. Also serves as an alternate ride for those who can't make the actual ride. The pre-ride is scheduled for July 8th, and the official ride is a week later on July 15th. I've posted all of the details below:

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><div align="center">Click Here[/Quote]</span>

Back