Dumbest thing you've done on a bike

I "popped a wheelie" at my motorcycle safety class... The instructor didn't think that was so funny. To this day I don't know why I did it, dumb kids....:whistle:

Went to a bike night without the g/f, she had to work, Very cute waitress wanted a ride, took said waitress on ride, upon arrival back, g/f is waiting for me with my other buddies, she was NOT HAPPY.....my two cents.

She got off early and knew were I would be, dang hourly cut's.

17 years old, gods gift to motorcycle riding (well thats what I thought at the time), I had a 89 CBR 600, racing and riding as fast as I could, one day another guy on a 92 cbr f2 goes by, I catch up to race him, we finally go to my friends parents shop in a small town and drag race in front of the shop.

Needless to say we race and he stops before the intersection, I was to scarred to hit my front brakes hard and fly through and lay bike down into grass then slid into a little creek inbedment, all my friends run over see if I am ok and we all grab bike and take it into buddies shop.

The guy I race helps me bondo the bike back together and you could barely tell it had been down.

Very dumb move, cant believe I didnt hit a car or hurt any one.

Oh I have lots of dumb stories to much to post here, I think since then I have much inproved, well lets hope:whistle:

Trying to put my bike away in the trailer at the Fall Bash... on the FREAKING HILL at the Phillips after I had a few sips of hooch :banghead:

Thanks to all the guys who helped me back up.... Pappy and Don and Chris 99!! (I know there were others.. but well things were a little blurry...) :blush:

Now I NEVER touch my bike for ANY REASON if I've been drinking.

Trying to put my bike away in the trailer at the Fall Bash... on the FREAKING HILL at the Phillips after I had a few sips of hooch :banghead:

Thanks to all the guys who helped me back up.... Pappy and Don and Chris 99!! (I know there were others.. but well things were a little blurry...) :blush:

Now I NEVER touch my bike for ANY REASON if I've been drinking.
barely got a scratch:beerchug:

Mine happened during my motorcycle certification test. The really dumb thing was putting of getting my license...for some reason I never made the time.

That said, I was doing the certification, on the old busa, and one of the tests was a controlled grid stop after acceleration. Idea was to stop within a certain area to simulate an emergency stop. I ask the instructor what the optimum speed is and she shows me where to start and just tells me to accelerate as fast as I can until I hit this line and then stop. I give her this "are you f*n kidding me look" and she responds; "I'm serious. If you're going to slow you'll fail."

She stands at the end of the grid and tells me to go so I give the old girl a good romp and then a hard mash on the brakes at the line. The instructor proceeds to jump out of the way with a terrified look on her face. Needless to say I was going a hell of a lot faster than she thought I would be. She was impressed with the "emergency stop" even though it scared her and she gave me a pass.

I about fell over :rofl: at her comment afterwards. "WOW, that thing really accelerates! Is it a 750 or something?" I just about p*ssed myself and suggested a recommended speed for the test scenario....and then pointed at the 1300R on the butt of the bike. Her jaw dropped.

Mine happened during my motorcycle certification test. The really dumb thing was putting of getting my license...for some reason I never made the time.

That said, I was doing the certification, on the old busa, and one of the tests was a controlled grid stop after acceleration. Idea was to stop within a certain area to simulate an emergency stop. I ask the instructor what the optimum speed is and she shows me where to start and just tells me to accelerate as fast as I can until I hit this line and then stop. I give her this "are you f*n kidding me look" and she responds; "I'm serious. If you're going to slow you'll fail."

She stands at the end of the grid and tells me to go so I give the old girl a good romp and then a hard mash on the brakes at the line. The instructor proceeds to jump out of the way with a terrified look on her face. Needless to say I was going a hell of a lot faster than she thought I would be. She was impressed with the "emergency stop" even though it scared her and she gave me a pass.

I about fell over :rofl: at her comment afterwards. "WOW, that thing really accelerates! Is it a 750 or something?" I just about p*ssed myself and suggested a recommended speed for the test scenario....and then pointed at the 1300R on the butt of the bike. Her jaw dropped.

750.....:rofl::whistle:

when i was just starting out as a "fresh rider" i took a left and my buddy who was teaching me how to ride took a right, i waved while turning and slammed into the street curb and crashed. coincidentally, my wife and coworkers all witnessed this at the light intersection next to my old job. needless to say, no more waves for this cat. :whistle:

A couple years back (end of 05 or beginning of 06) a TV show here in town (Veronica Mars) had a 'biker gang' as part of their plot line. HAHA the PCHers (for pacific coast highway)

ANYWAY

A friend of mine knew someone on the show, and a bunch of us got to use our bikes in the show (and get PAID)

The show ran late into the night this episode and we got to leave around 3 in the morning.

I was the only one going my direction, South on Ruffin road, then turned left to go down the hill on Aero Drive to the 15 freeway. If anyone knows the spot its a relatively steep downhill.

I had literally just put on new sinterred (sp?) brake pads before the show and they were a little grippy

So I'm riding down this COMPLETELY EMPTY 6 lane street with my right hand on the throttle and left hand resting on my left thigh, probably going 50-55 mph just coasting down the hill.

The light is green and I look to the right to make sure no one is running the red, look back and the light is yellow. I (this all happens in a split second) figure I'll just coast through it no big deal, then look to the left to see what car had tripped the sensor to change the lights.

It was a cop car (and now I'm not sure if I'll actually make this light before it turns red)

I apply the front brake and it BITES DOWN HARD!

Well, between the new pads and the steep hill, that's all it took to bring the bike up to balance point on a STOPPIE.

The light turns red, I've got my back tire up in the air 3 feet, I still only have one hand on the handle bars (look like I'm riding a bucking bronco at a rodeo)

By this point I've left go of the brake, but I'm so close to flipping over forward that momentum just keeps the stoppie going at least 100 feet through this intersection.

I have my head cocked to the left looking at the cop (my EYES must have been bigger than my head, but I have a blacked out visor and he can't see that)

FINALLY my bike decides to not throw me over the front and the back tire comes back to the pavement where it belongs and I coast another 100 feet before realizing I'm not on the ground.

I pull in the clutch, (SLOWLY) apply the brake, and look back at the cop... AND HE DOESN'T MOVE

That's all it takes for me, I get back on the gas and turn onto the immediate freeway entrance and head for home.

So A) Either the cop wasn't looking at all when this happened or
B) He was so impressed/shocked that he didn't even know how to respond

I like to think B :laugh:

There's more to that night about 5 miles up the road road but I think that's enough to absorb in one post.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Why didn't I click on this thread earlier?

I was such a self-proclaimed BadAss during MSF training in Charlottesville, VA.
I'd never ridden a motorcycle before aside from a scooter on Isla Mujeres near Cancun years back. The little 250s we had at the course were small, fun and manageable so I felt confident on them. Had a little throttle scare coming out of a corner but got it under control well enough before possibly hitting the curb.
The course got stopped early due to snow so we had to come back a week or two later for the evaluation. I selected the yamaha enduro to do it on because of the small turning radius. The problem is that is has a springy front fork with lots of travel. I got to the emergency stop and gave it a good amount of throttle to get up to speed before the brake line. I was pretty far forward on the seat so when I grabbed the brake aggressively and overconfidently the front compressed and the tail came up into a good little stoppie. I thought I was so cool because the other folks got a kick out my stoppie. The stupid part was thinking the instructors were joking when they ordered me to come back and try again. Even more stupid was arguing until they told me in no uncertain terms that if I didn't re-do it I would FAIL the course. What a clown I was!

Last edited:
Back in my college days I had a '90 FZR600 that I fixed up. After riding around for 2 years with primered fairings I finally got a sweet custom paint job done. In order to protect my nice looking bike I decided I had better get a Kryptonite disc lock.
After class on the first day I used said lock, I came out and started her up. There were lots of people around and I noticed some of them looking at the shiny paint job and I was so proud I forgot to take off the lock. It was on a pretty steep hill and of course I got about 2 feet worth of momentum before it stopped dead. I didn't get my foot down in time and dropped it. I wasn't so proud after that having to pick the bike up in front of all those people. :poke:

So

A) Either the cop wasn't looking at all when this happened or
B) He was so impressed/shocked that he didn't even know how to respond

I like to think B :laugh:

Indeed so...:laugh: I like to think B, as well.

After all, in the end, it's insane luck v. skill and intuition.

Amazing; absolutely amazing.

Great job tellin', SOS, nice work! :beerchug:

Last edited:
well back when i had my R6 it had just finished raining and i was going to head to my friends house and as i go through the yard i thought to myself now would be a perfect time to try to do 360's well it wasnt it was going on way then all of a sudden it decided to flip the other way and their we went me one way and my bike the other way and the worst part about it was as i was flipping i could catch views of my bike flipping but i wasnt hurt and neither was my bike :cheerleader:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Why didn't I click on this thread earlier?

Indeed so...:laugh: I like to think B, as well.

After all, in the end, it's insane luck v. skill and intuition.

Amazing; absolutely amazing.

Great job tellin', SOS, nice work! :beerchug:

Its been 3 years + and I still smile or outright laugh every time I think about that night.

Here's to many more happy memories (although maybe with a few less police cars) :beerchug:

One time I was riding a big heavy Yamaha XT600 thumper on a horizontal path on a very steep hillside. I came to a point where a perfect row of pine trees came down off the hillside forcing the trail to zig down and around the end of the row and through a gap in the row. I leaned in tight assuming that my gloved hand could slide through the evergreen branches with ease. WRONG - there was a broken off stump hidden in the greenery, turned me 90 detrees to the right & uphill into the trees immediately. I ended up lying under the bike, pinned, facing downhill, with gas dripping on me from the carb. I don;t know if I could have released myself it was that bad of a trap. My buddies dug me out. Glad for no hot parts on me....:laugh:

cant say where to start..but i know most of it started off by saying "watch this" or "imma try somethin"

OR the famous line that starts with..." I'll bet you can't..." Oh man--those bets hurt real bad!! LOL:rofl:

I had a '91 Suzuki Katana 1100. One day I was out on the side of the street in front of the house (draining the oil, I think). The bike was hot so it would drain better. Somehow, when I was under it, the dang thing rolled off the stand and fell on me.

The dang think was HEAVY. Problem was, to get the leverage needed to push it off me, I had to press against the hot pipes (OUCH!). I spend the next ten minutes trying to find some way to get out from under or push it off me without getting burnt with no luck. I tried and tried but for some reason I was helpless as a little baby (but getting madder and more frustrated by the second). I kept wondering how many hours it would take for this bike to cool off enough that I could get leverage off the exhaust. I was contorted under the bike and I just COULD NOT MOVE.

Finally, a neighbor happened to drive by, saw my predicatment and stopped to lift the bike off me....

Back