Dumbest thing you've done on a bike

ok here goes. the dumbest thing was in my Harley days. I wasn't drunk by Louisiana standards. but I was close to the limit, maybe over. more than I should have had to be on a bke.

and one day on my 954RR I was traveling along a two way road devided by a median. I noticed ahead of me were two young (teenage) knuckle heads riding their bicycles along side of the road. well I noticed that as the cars passed, one of them would swerve into the travel lane and force the passing cars to take evasive action onto the median to avoid hitting them. well it was my turn to pass and the dummy swerved into the street as he did with the cars. Instead of swerving around him, I stood it up and went through the center of them. :laugh: when i put it back down and looked back they were both off of the road way riding on the sidewalk.

guess i could have taken a different approach, but if i hadn't scared the hell out of them the next car might have smacked them. guess I saved their life. :whistle:

Was prolly bout 13 and at a friends house His dad left and he had a late 60's early 70's yami 450? I think. Anyhow it was a street bike and we took it out on the large, LARGE grass yard. Buddie let me drive it. I was grabbin gears to beat heck, and was so nervous (street tires on green grass) whill grabbin 3rd or 4th I mashed the front brake instead of the clutch!!! LOL smashed my knee, though not too much damage to the bike seeing as it was grass! Still Stupid...:whistle:

Back