Embarrassing bike moments

newman

Registered
Anyone had a embarrassing moment on their bike. Mine came in 1979, I was riding alone the motorway on my gs750 when it started to rain so I stopped in a layby to get my waxed Jacket (it was l along time ago) out of my top box, I went to kick my side stand down as I went to get off the bike and missed it, result me laying on the floor with the bike on my leg I managed to get loose and tried to get the bike up, by this time it was raining pretty hard and do you think I could get the thing up it took me a good five or six goes, it seemed to weigh a ton but I did it in the end at the expense of a good soaking and a hurt back, as you can guess I always checked that the side stand was down properly after that. Dave

In my 30's, I had a 1991 Katana 1000. I was out in the gravel driveway changing the oil, and the bike fell on me. The only spot that I could get leverage on was where the hot pipe was, so I was basically stuck and could not move. Someone driving up the street saw me, stopped and lifted the bike off me. Embarrassing.

i had just bought izzy..went to someones house to discuss a very stressfull situation...pull in and they had a garden hose across the driveway under pressure...i roll up to it without thinking and front wheel hit it and laid me right down....so...im sitting there picked up the bike...took my helmet off...and was promptly told to leave the property..

teaching my wife how to ride and explaning to her the importance of paying attention when turning or braking when you see sand or excessive dirt. so i went down the street turned around came back and went to stop. i was abt 2 feet away from her and going like 2 mph and i soon as i touch the front brake, down we go. i tried to catch it as much as i could so it didn't hit the ground but since my foot slipped it slid abt 1" forward and scratched up my whole right side of the bike. i jumped up real quick :whistle: and said just like that :rofl: .....now you try but without falling

When Brittani and I first stated dating I took her to my friend's house, gravel driveway that is just absolutely crazy on a motorcycle 9+% grade with holes and etc. I had lived there for a year or so prior so the intimidation level for the driveway was low for me on the way up I would spin at least a 1/4 on the way. Looked like a real BA to tame a sport bike up that thing I do have to say :laugh:

On the way down that night she was right behind me in her car and all of a sudden out of no where I was running into the woods. I thought myself WTH :poke::poke: looked back to watch the bike fall the last foot. When I walked over to the bike there was a stick jammed thro the wheel, she says I bailed over the windscreen and hit the ground at a slow walk. Never trusted that driveway again, thank God I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Given I have had my share of 0 MPH tip overs, being 5'6 with short legs makes stopping no fun. :rulez:

Honda CB350

Stop light

Popped Clutch

Bike came out from underneath me and left me sitting in the intersection.

(((( Ohhhhh dont worry about the bike, It made it across the intersection and laid over in the soft grass )))) Only thing hurt was my Butt and Ego

........ I was on a solo putt.....GSXR110....I saw a large group of bikes and riders at a small store.....eyeballing them all......I needed munchies REAL BAD....LOL.. did not even take my helmet off.. said hi to them and got back on the bike to leave...Pulled in the clutch..fired it up...let out the lever and stalled-- it was still in 5th gear !!! I must have looked like a real Moron rocking it back and forth gearing down to 1st for what seemed like an eternity. To me those guy's looked like they were on a magazine test ride...Prolly had a good hardy laugh... :poke:

Circa early 1980’s and I am at my peak.
Single, young, prime physical condition and the best thing to happen to Houston and motorcycles. (does this sound familiar?).
Pulling up to stop lights and getting the better of everything that wanted to race.
Sitting atop my Kawasaki 500 two-stroke triple, I knew I couldn’t be beat up to 60 mph.
I was red light to red light all day long.
Then one day I was waiting at a light and what is this to my left. A guy pulled up on something right out of the movie TRON. All dressed in red leathers and riding a red crotch rocket (at this time I didn’t even know these existed). I didn’t see the make but I did see the 600 on the side and knew I could take him, after all I had beaten everything bigger so why not this guy.
We brace up, look at the yellow and our light goes green – Zip Boom Bam we are out of the gate.
Well one of us is anyway – I didn’t even get to 2nd gear before I found myself staring in amazement at this red streak with his front wheel off the ground about 6†and moving like a bat out heck. (It must have been the parachute effect of my mouth wide open that slowed me down) I didn’t even bother trying to keep up I just putted along with my tail tucked and my ego firmly in check.

Other than killing it nothing too bad yet but these guys can't say the same :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing my older bro do wheelies on his XL125 (circa 1980 , I was 10) and had KDX80.
Sure since I could wheelie that, cmon bro let me show mom and dad a wheelie on your bike.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......Ok he says.

So I go down to end of driveway and turn around , beep horn to get all spectators ready..
Vroom Vroom and pop clutch, bike comes up then comes down. I go to put my foot down but did not realize how close I was to side of driveway. On either side was a dropoff w/gully for rainwash. My foot made no contact and bros new Xl and I went right into 3 foot of water...

Me Jump up leave bike there and Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun fassssssssssssssssssst cuz Sam was already halfway thru yard coming to kill me. My dad Laughing his butt off.
My mom instant tears of fright..
Again me hearing all three laughing , yelling and the sound of footsteps getting closer.
Could not outrun older bro and not only did i wreck his bike, burn my leg on high mount exhaust but got a butt whooooooooooPin'
:rofl:

but you know what 30yrs later we all sit around once in a while and laugh so hard about it tears come to our eyes.
Funny now,then I was skeered !

Also reminds me of time at end of driveway pops opens door on 76 ford station wagon to reach out and grab newspaper. He fell right out of car and both my bro and I went for a free ride across street and right into pond...:rofl:

When I first started riding, I was riding a Honda Shadow 1100. I was moving slowly through a parking lot trying to find a space. I started down one of the lanes and a car was coming the other way so I couldn't avoid the grating over the storm drain. I was going slow enough that my front wheel caught and down I go.:banghead:

Thankfully a good sumaritan came over to help me pick the old girl up or I would of had a strained back on top of the bruised ego.

Just got new tires put on last Sunday (Dunlop Q2's). Neighbor was hanging out in the garage with me while I finished mounting the rims and tightening the chain. Told him a story about how the last time I was doing this on my old ZX9 I took it to the end of the street, turned right, gave it too much gas on the brand new rubber as I was turning, lost traction and laid the bike down.
So I then took the bike off the stand, told him I'd be right back, went to the end of the driveway and turned right.
You'll never guess what happened then..........:duh:

In 2004, I forgot to put down the side stand on my new RSWarrior1700, and, after that 600lb thang gets beyond 45 degrees, fergit it. So I threw my Senior Citizen bod under the bike,
didn't get a scratch, and only had a very slight bend on my shifter.

warrior (Small).JPG

First time riding, maybe 7 years old, 70's honda minibike that belonged to one of our friends older brothers, can't remeber the size, back on this little dirt track we had made on the edge of town for our bike, goosed the gas and went right over the first jump, cleared the turn in air and landed in the bushes and burnt the crap out of my leg!

Either that or the other day when i wewnt to visit my parents and parked downhill....

Just got new tires put on last Sunday (Dunlop Q2's). Neighbor was hanging out in the garage with me while I finished mounting the rims and tightening the chain. Told him a story about how the last time I was doing this on my old ZX9 I took it to the end of the street, turned right, gave it too much gas on the brand new rubber as I was turning, lost traction and laid the bike down.
So I then took the bike off the stand, told him I'd be right back, went to the end of the driveway and turned right.
You'll never guess what happened then..........:duh:

Live and lear.....Well maybe not.

At least we can laugh now, because we're okay.:laugh:

1st week I had my bike, decided to be Mr. Big shot and go through town. Dropped the clutch too fast and stalled and went right down. Talk about looking cool then. Bike was heavy so a good semeritan came and helped me.

Was taking my road test for the DMV last year. Lady told me ok go from point a to point b as fast as you can and stop before point c.. I was on my 2008 R6 took off, went to stop, brought the ass end of the bike a good 3 foot up in the air... Did not loose a single point.

Hmmm??? Let me see what form of humilation haven't I suffered as a result of riding. Broken body, broken bikes, dropped bikes, for the old timers - running out of gas in the middle of know where, on the freeway - because you "thought" you where on your primary tank not your reserve, dropping your glove and too lazy to get off the bike - reach down, stretch - whoops got the glove too bad the bikes on my leg - lucky friends there to extricate me from underneath the behemoth - then unmercifully mock me, melt my tennis shoe on my friends brand new HD pipes he so reluctantly let me try, lost key 500 miles from home suffice to say I've got two spares for every orignal - one extra on me and one at home - locksmiths should be shunned for the prices they charge for cutting a motorcyle key, backed into my own motorcycle in my driveway - note to self don't leave a black bike in the driveway at night on captain morgan night, throw up in helmet -morning after deal, I could probably go on for a while here but suffice to say it's a wonder I still want to ride:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back