Embarrassing moment.

newman

Registered
Coming up to a roundabout yesterday slowed down behind a car and stalled the bike and the thing would not start again, it was like there was hardly any power from the battery, then I remembered in the manual it says if the bike don't start while hot open the throttle a bit, did this and it fired up straight away, glad I remembered this as I was starting to panic a bit.
And I know I should not have done this but in town there is a double mini roundabout followed by a set of traffic lights so I slowed down for the roundabouts crossed them, the lights were green and before I could get going again a guy in a mini started beeping me, so I just slowed down to 15 mph and rode like that for a while, he couldn't overtake but he did not beep again. I always say to myself don't get wound up on the bike after I nearly dropped it once so after I was disappointed with myself.

lol....served him right...when i get tailgators i use my rear brake which the light is disconnected from. Scares the crap out of them.

unless they're not paying attention, then you'll be sleeping on the hood

Coming up to a roundabout yesterday slowed down behind a car and stalled the bike and the thing would not start again, it was like there was hardly any power from the battery, then I remembered in the manual it says if the bike don't start while hot open the throttle a bit, did this and it fired up straight away, glad I remembered this as I was starting to panic a bit.
And I know I should not have done this but in town there is a double mini roundabout followed by a set of traffic lights so I slowed down for the roundabouts crossed them, the lights were green and before I could get going again a guy in a mini started beeping me, so I just slowed down to 15 mph and rode like that for a while, he couldn't overtake but he did not beep again. I always say to myself don't get wound up on the bike after I nearly dropped it once so after I was disappointed with myself.

My bike stalled at a light for the first time this morning since I have owned it. I just recently changed the plugs and air filter, and started to think that something was not right because like yours it just seemed to have no power to start. I did not know about opening the throttle a bit, and it would start and run for a second then shut off. I must have throttled a bit when starting the 4th time and got it going. Ran fine after that and started fine 3 times after getting to work. I was on a steep incline and it is hot as balls this early in SC.

Strange, but learned something from you today, thanks.

:poke:As true friends should...I am going to laugh at your embarrassment..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back