Almost wrecked today!!!

Freechance

Registered
I was going threw town today,stopped at the red light.then i took off not fast doing about 35 .then i noticed the back tire was sliding all over the place..so i let out of the gas. I was still sliding all over the road ..so i tried to slow down by touching the back brake still nothing ..the bike started going side ways..so i again used both brakes and finally started to slow down ...but the whole time it felt like i was on ice...about the time i got the bike stopped a truck ran right up on me...i thought i was going to be hit or slide the bike down in the road..finally got slow enough to put my feet down,and pulled of the road ..so i looked down and the bike was leaking fluid ....it was gas...some how the quick connect on the fuel line came apart...i just glad i didnt wreck or lay the bike down...the gas didnt hurt anything just leaked on the ground ...went to the car wash hosed everthing off..not a great first ride of the year...

Glad you made it thru ok.
Did you give the bike a good inspection before the first ride?
Do any work on it lately? Curious how the fuel came undone?

Yes i checked everthing before the first ride...i chanced a couple fuel lines but never touched that one..theres a button on the quick connect thats spring loaded,it was stuck pushed in...thats what let the line come apart..

Back