HELP... My bike is off and making a beeping sound

thelakeshow2k

Registered
my bike's been off for 3 days. went to the garage and heard a faint beep coming from the bike. it lasts for about 5 seconds and then will beep again in about 3-5 minutes. it sounds like it's coming from the tank area. put it on the battery tender and it is charged (green light).

can someone tell me why my bike is "crying" :cry:

Is there one of those disc lock that make beeping noises on it .... mine when the batteries died in it it started beeping.

you didn't leave anything like watch under the tank when you serviced it last did you

no alarm and no disc lock. bike was serviced several months ago and this is the first time i've heard this beeping sound.

It has a replicating pod next to the battery like mine does. Mine replicates all the time. I have a whole garage full of Busas now! You are lucky to get a replicating Busa. Not everybody is as lucky as we are!:bowdown:
:laugh:

You'll need to take the seats off and lift the tank to see what's causing the sound. There is nothing on a stock Busa that will beep.

smoke detectors? :rofl:

could be a relay that is bad or trying to turn on.. any type of solenoid can create a buzzing/beeping type noise under the right conditions.. Use a long screwdriver (unless you have a mechanical stethoscope) and hold the handle to your ear and start poking around.. it will get louder as you close in on the offending item.. then you get to figure out the "why" part..

Tire re-compressor relay. Under the nose of the bike on the right side. Pull all the fuses, disconnect the battery and let it sit for a day. Charge the battery, reconnect each of the fuses starting in order of lowest amp to highest amp. Reinstall the turn signal relay fuse, reconnect the battery and run the bike until the temp reaches normal operating temperature.

Should deal with the issue of beeping!

My guess is a forgotten about electronic device in the trunk that's battery is going dead. Could have slid front into the battery area.

Back