What's the dumbest thing you have done on your bike?

nabusa

Registered
For me it is two things, one night while driving by bike shut off. The lights were all on but engine cut out. Coasted and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to fix what ever is wrong with the bike. Then realized my finger hit the engine cut off button. Man I felt dumb :banghead:

Once when I was new I put tire shine on my tires.....did not end well :banghead:

With an IQ well above 54, I've never done anything dumb on or off my bike, ever. Nope, definitely not a hooligan :whistle:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Years ago, cleaning up my dr200 dirtbike and putting armorall on the seat and then taking off for a ride. I slid completely off the bike and watched it coast down the back yard as I was laying on my stomach. More recently, stalling out my busa multiple times leaving a store with people in the parking lot watching. My kick stand was not all the way up and it shut off everytime I put it in gear.:banghead:

Buying a GSXR fender, having it painted to match, and spending entirely too much money on it only to realize that after I put it on, I don't like it...

Letting other people ride it.....has ended badly twice. My Minister of Finance has decreed that none shall be allowed to throw a leg across it again without a cash deposit.

When I was younger I applied armor all on the seat of my dragbike, it loooooked so purteeeeeee while coming out of the burnout box the tire hooked and I slid back into the body work ripping off the tail section....
Someone has the picture in that exact moment.. :whistle:

Once in awhile I still think the horn will cancel the turn signals.. Hasnt worked yet

Letting other people ride it.....has ended badly twice. My Minister of Finance has decreed that none shall be allowed to throw a leg across it again without a cash deposit.

Motorcycles are like your girlfriend/wife. I dont ask you if I can get on and ride your wife so dont ask if you can get on ride my bike.

armorall on the seat! awesome! what new biker hasn't tried the ol slick seat? :rofl: :thumbs:

my personal stupidity pushed me to ride 1250mi in under 24hrs. :banghead:
guess i can say i did it. would never do it again. i have a 1000mi per day max now.

Recently, I had just put her back together, rolling up to a red light and something caught my eye next to the fork tube...
I reach down with my left hand to find out its just a dirty spot on the plastic shield thats attached to the lower part of the forks.
My glove gets caught, (knuckle guard) I couldn't pull my hand out of the glove, my stuck hand was pushing the forks to the right (to a large ditch) I had to squish my hand to keep the bike straight, so I couldn't pull the clutch in for the stopped car in front of me.... I was able to downshift to first, luckily the light changed and traffic just started moving again, I eased to the left crushing my hand more but was able to swing the bike far enough to the right to free my hand.. I came about 4 feet from rear ending a Saturn..
Yep, "here's your sign"...

Come to the Bash and Ill tell my story, and WIN! Yup, doesnt get any dumber than my escapade, see ya there guys!

grabbed a handfull in a huge parking lot and didnt realize it was cold enough she was making amazing power and next thing i know im 11oclocking it across the parking lot... only had her for a cpl weeks and it was the first time i stood her up... my ahole was more than water tight lmfao.... my friends were like you didnt mean to do that did you and i was like umm NOPE and they just laughed and said the girls that were walking out went nuts and atleast i made it look dam good haha

does making whoopie at 60mph count:whistle:

Only if it didn't involve using cruise control and being 1up. :rofl:

And I can attest to no one on the bike unless you have the cash in your hand to buy it if it doesn't return in the same condition that it left in. Learned the hard way on that one myself, had a "buddy" put my bike at the time into the back of a parked car because "his passenger was tickling him" or so the story goes.

Only if it didn't involve using cruise control and being 1up. :rofl:

And I can attest to no one on the bike unless you have the cash in your hand to buy it if it doesn't return in the same condition that it left in. Learned the hard way on that one myself, had a "buddy" put my bike at the time into the back of a parked car because "his passenger was tickling him" or so the story goes.

I was that guy...twice...:down:.....took my cousins Gixxer 750 for a spin, before I went to the military, out on some back country roads in Va. Hit one of my favorite curves and towards the end of the curve it looked like somebody had been crossing the road on some fourwheelers... and I couldn't get it slowed down or upright fast enough... tried to coast thru it but it low sided on me and a old random 8 ft section of chicken wire caught the bike and saved it from being ripped in half by a tree. but enough damage was done and i had to buy it from my cousin. I was really in no position, money wise, to be buying a bike at that time but did what i had to do and made it happen... eventually fixed it up and kept it for about a year.

Second brain fart... one of my (EX)buddies had a busa, that he did not take care of very well, I took it out for a spin. In the 10 mins that I road it the tach stopped working, his self installed gear indicator stopped working and a brake line busted... All of which had nothing to do with the way I was riding or what I did, but he thought so. I helped with the repairs and that was the last time that I thru my leg across a bike that was not my own...

Its not worth it...:banghead:

Back