what is the most awesome food you've ever coooked on the road?

red1100cc

Registered
i usually try to find the best double bacon cheese burger in the U.S. but on occasion i am known to cook a good meal.With tour season getting near, i wanna know; What is the best meal you have ever cooked on the road?
and i understand situational goodness.
let me start with 2 stories.
1st = situational. Polar Bear coffee. when i was youn i went fishing out in the big horns with my dad. we stopped at some moutain store and got some things. one of those things being polar bear coffee. went out for a few days and maybe 4 days into it we had a big rain storm. the next day my dad had coffee ready. excited to go fishing. that coffee was so good we talked about how good it was for a week. :whistle: when we left we stopped and got some more of that awesome coffee.....well when we got home, it wadn't that good.:laugh:

now more to the meat of my thread.

i had ridden to the east coast. tired and just lookin for a place to nap about 3am. i pulled into a "dock" of some kind. well, in the morning i found myself on a fishing dock sleeping on a picknick table. i woke up and was splashing a little salt water on my face to wake up, when a fella asked me " ya want some oysters?". well sure. he thought me how to work oyster tongs and scrape some up off the bed. then asked if i had any water. we drained my canteen into hid pot and set them upon my Coleman stove. while they cooked he showed me how to use pliers and a knife to flick them open and eat them raw, with a little Tabasco out of some mre's i had packed away. those were the tastiest oysters i ever ate. as the sun came up, with friends i never knew i had.:thumbsup:
i highly recommend fresh ousters:beerchug:

fresh trout cooked on a stick over a fire a little ways off the road in the woods- man it was good... course i was WAY hungry..:thumbsup:

man it was good... course i was WAY hungry..:thumbsup:

i think that has a lot to do with it, i've been there a few times myself :laugh: i would rather eat a can of sardines with a few crackers while sitting around a fire with some of you on the backside of nowhere than eat in the nicest place in the world by myself! :beerchug:

I got one for ya Red..

Favorite homemade meal inspired from survival school in Okinawa.
Was given rice which we steamed in a huge trunk of bamboo
and some vegetables.

I added pieces of lizard, snake, and chunks of fish that we had caught in the stream.
Threw in some of that famous tobasco from the MRE, and I couldnt get enough of it.

Needless to say back home, snake, and lizard meat were a little hard to come by and I couldnt tell you the name of the fish for the life of me so I experimented.

Results, Pasta with steamed asparagus tips chopped, with sautee'd shrimp, plus whatever hotsauce you want to add to it if you want.

Cant get enough of that stuff still to this day.

i think that has a lot to do with it, i've been there a few times myself :laugh: i would rather eat a can of sardines with a few crackers while sitting around a fire with some of you on the backside of nowhere than eat in the nicest place in the world by myself! :beerchug:

:bowdown:
reminds me of another good one.
i was returning from Vancouver Washington where i had been to an MRF convention. i had stopped to see a friend in Idaho. We ride out to his favorite hot water swimmin hole, off the side of the road in BFE. we swim around and get hungry. i tell him to wait a minute and run to my bike. grab my saddle bag. and boggie back to the water.
well at the MRF convention i had won a gift basket in the silent auction. it had wheat crackers, mustard, capers, and two can of smoked tuna and salmon. :beerchug: i even had a couple Idaho micro brew in cans! cans, ya believe it?!
we ate like kings. 1/2 sitting in warm water, in the middle of the forest, with a good friend. :beerchug:

Out in Thailand there were these little ma and pa shacks everywhere offering some rice and meat that was a shade short of jerky but not straight off the grill lol, ( think it was dog) anyways the miracle of this meal is the sauce. I have only found it in two places in the states and one is down river michigan and the other is in atlanta. But your right, sitting in a field in the middle of no where on a hilltop letting the breeze hit ya with a couple of beers and some simple food. Best way to spend the day.

Also learned out there to put a little bit of egg and cucumber on a club sandwhich. Say what you want but that was good eatin right there.

Last edited:
Back