RANT TIME

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
so the day starts out beautiful and I think I'm gonna get to ride the bike to work... I look at the weather and they say afternoon showers of 30% so I decide not to. I get to work and noon rolls around and I check the weather again and they changed it to no showers and 20% chance of rain so I skip lunch and go home (10 mi away) and get the bike and go for a small 30 mi ride before heading back to work on the bike. Meanwhile a bird decides to releave himself right on the visor of my new lid....

pisses me off...
cussing.gif

so I'm finishing work and it looks like there is a front moving in so I check the weather once again and we're back to 30% chance of rain with early evening showers... I'm only 10 min from 5 and I think I can beat the rain home... nope... it starts sprinkling 5 min before I get off and before I"m outta the parking lot starts downpouring!!!!

I"m total soaked by the time I make it home not to mention my new gear is soaked....

a meteorologist: the only profession I know where you can guess at what you do and still be right no matter what the f**king outcome!!!

laugh.gif
Dood, I am so sorry that you got a little "blessing" from the bird. I woulda picked up a rock or somethin and tried to nail that little sucker.

Glad you made it back home safe, bro!

couldn't I was doing bout 80mph when it hit.... it went splat everywhere
laugh.gif

hahahahahah I hear ya Neighbor!! I checked and ALSO didn't ride this morning... I got all pissy during lunch since it was sunny blue skies and 1 or 2 clouds... all afternoon I was yelling "COMEON RAIN! DARN YOU, RAIN!!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!" There was a front moving in from the west on my way home and it rained on my car and I was so happy I didn't ride and GLAD it rained! Sorry to hear about you though.
smile.gif
Weather is a crap shoot here in Iowa isn't it???

I made it to and from work dry as a bone on my bike. Sorry you didn't have as good luck as me.

Guess I should post a new thread but I had to rant today as well.

Riding from school to my side job (35 mile trip in 87 degree weather, BEAUTIFUL!)  when a bus,

A freakin bus!

A Freakin City Bus!

Kicks up a golf ball (See I knew I hated that idiot sport!) size chunk of asphalt and nails my front fender!  Put a 3/4 in gouge in it!

Not a scratch!

An-I'm-gonna-need body-filler-gouge!

Fuggin Busses!

oh damn....

Not too good to follow those buses around too closely, Mikey!
I was in the left lane.

The bus was in the right lane about 70 or so yards ahead of me!

I thought the sh!t was a piece of rubber the way it bounced.

When it hit I heard and FELT it smack the bike!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh.....

Well, on the bright side, at least it didn't hit yer hand or clock you in the visor....

That might have hurt...

Not good mikey, but be glad it didnt hit your neck or helmet visor. Now THAT would suck!

Agreed BF & Pac-man. I'm not painted yet so I'm not incredibly pssed, just pretty perturbed.

Sorry to jack the thread FastB!

Totally feel you pain bro, last year on a ride from Myrtle Beach to NC (~3hour ride). NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST. Well guess the weather men were out smoking the pipe that day. 30 minutes outside of Wilmington it downpours and I have to stop at my girlfriends to dry my clothing and wait for it to blow over. The sad thing is that morning the forecast was for partly cloudy with 10% chance of rain. When I got to Wilmington it had changed to 70% chance. Those guys make way too much money to be wrong soooo many times.

well lucky it didn't crack your fairing atleast
rock.gif

Back