What's the dumbest thing you have done on your bike?

a few years back coming back from the drag strip feeling froggy i decided to pass a dually diesel long bed pulling a very long dragster trailer, well let’s just say i miss judged the distance and the road and forgot there was a little crest in it and low and behold headlights, needless to say i was trapped, so i had to ride the yellow line next to the trailer whilst oncoming car did not splat me, i learned a few lessons that night and had to clean out my leathers when i got home

Just one huh...Hill climbing with the gas shut off, lending bikes, not watching tire pressure, not inspecting throttle cables, waiting till gen 2 to get a Hayabusa :banghead: Lets not forget about pulling out on tires covered with bead soap, taking shortcuts through deep weeds where rocks & cement blocks hide... Getting the handlebar into a tree stump hiding in the limbs.... too much brake or too much gas.. underestimating the lift to be gained from dropping teeth on the countershaft end... gawd I bought a kawasaki one time....:stoopid: Oh, tailgating semis for windbrake without consideration for roadkill...

Motorcycles are like your girlfriend/wife. I dont ask you if I can get on and ride your wife so dont ask if you can get on ride my bike.
I don't think my bike is nearly that important. It's just a bike. they make them every day. Another way in which we differ.

Stopped at the post office friday after work, hurrying up cause i'm late for a dinner with this girl, pull in, hop off the bike, go to pull the key out of the ignition and the key chain gets tangled up in my tether kill cord. Takes the key right out of my hand and down between the radiator and fairing, not having a spare key with me i'm in the parking lot with these 2 gorgeous brunettes watching me try and dig my key out of the bike :banghead:

Two that stick out....

1. Was riding across Nevada at a pretty decent triple digit clip...... Decided to really romp on it, heck no one was around.... I hit 164 on my GPS and then on the radio I heard an unmentionable person ask me if I remembered I had 2 full Ventura luggage packs on the back... Ummmm nope!

2. Riding in jeans and tennis shoes with riding jacket... pulled up to stop light and my shoe string had looped around the gear shifter, I already had the weight so that my left foot would have caught it... Realizing very quickly that I was not going to get my foot down in time I jumped off the bike and threw my body under the bike as it fell... I laid there until a nice guy came and picked my bike off of me and I got my shoe string unstuck....... Not scratch on her!

captain said:
I jumped off the bike and threw my body under the bike as it fell... I laid there until a nice guy came and picked my bike off of me and I got my shoe string unstuck....... Not scratch on her!

That's funny right there. I would pay to have seen that.

Hum.. Well this one time at band camp. Lmao.

Seriously, the dumbest thing to date was to recent. Leaving a club following a guy to the biker bar. I pulled up to a red light and he blew through it, so I took off after him as I didn't know where we exactly were and didn't want to be left behind. It by far was my hardest launch I've had on Mona. I am guessing the front tire came off the ground, but no more than a foot. It made contact and second gear. In no time I caught up. We reached a street I was familiar with and we were turning left. I could have/should have slowed down as I knew where I was and how to get there. On this left hand turn I lost any chicken strips I may have had on the left side of the tire. As we straightened out the guy I was following and I are in the middle lane of a three lane hwy. He changes to the right lane to go around this car. As he does a car pulls on to the road. So he has to slow down. I decide to go left. I come off the gas anthere was enough speed for me too coast to the destination. As I get ready to turn left in to the bike parking area he comes blowing by me. I look up and guess who... Yep, boys in blue. The other biker rides out the back. As I'm headed that way just at the moment I realize the cop is the I lock up my breaks because the (trying to keep it clean) "officer" attempts to hit my bike as in he lunges the car at the front of my bike. If I wouldn't have seen him he'd t-boned me. He gets out screening. Tells me I was racing.... Thus is were it gets funny. It was a Harley I was "racing". Like really. Come to find out they were out for racing stings, do even speeders were locked up that night for "racing". Got to justify all the o/t by proving their point. Even wrote the report as if I said I admitted to it. I was quite adamant in the fact that I was following the other guy.... Class b... Night in jail.... Vs a simple speeding ticket. Don't get me wrong, I know I wasn't innocent but really...

I don't think my bike is nearly that important. It's just a bike. they make them every day. Another way in which we differ.

I'm taking a stab in the dark but I take it you have never had a "friend" lay down or wreck your bike and then not want to take any financial responsibility for it? And if you don't really care about your bike because they make more of them everyday, can I borrow your bike?

In my 30+ years of riding I have had several people wreck my bikes and not pay for the damage. It happens. Of course I care about my bike, I have lots of time and money invested in it, but no material object is as important to me as my family. But yeah, if you are ever around and wanna take it down the strip, have at it.
Nobody has a special magical bike that can't be repaired or replaced given enough time and money, some people really need to get their priorities in order.

In my 30+ years of riding I have had several people wreck my bikes and not pay for the damage. It happens. Of course I care about my bike, I have lots of time and money invested in it, but no material object is as important to me as my family. But yeah, if you are ever around and wanna take it down the strip, have at it.
Nobody has a special magical bike that can't be repaired or replaced given enough time and money, some people really need to get their priorities in order.

That may explain why I have no children and my only pet is a snake. And If I had enough time and money I would have a fleet of Busa's by now. But when your in the military when it happens time and money are not a luxury you have lots of. Just like I would not feel comfortable taking someone else's bike out if I didn't have the means to fix it if I did something to it.

Lucky to be alive. Watching in the rear view mirror as a truck was passing in the left lane I start to pull out behind the truck and the truck was pulling a 12ft trailer. Almost ate it.

Back