What's the dumbest thing you have done on your bike?

good thing I read all that b-dub I thought you were gonna say you were that guy that got nookie at 60 mph with the cruise control on riding 1up. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

good thing I read all that b-dub I thought you were gonna say you were that guy that got nookie at 60 mph with the cruise control on riding 1up. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

Well, there was this one time... bike was on the stands in my garage.... on my birthday and my wife.................NEVERMIND.....Wrong Forum.....:whistle:

Parked one time without putting the kickstand down, stupid:banghead:stupid:banghead:stupid:banghead:

I lane split at 80 with my wife on the back right up the line, not good..lol..:laugh: I also tried to ride away after getting my bike dynoed, was so stoked that it was done forgot to put up the side stand...twice.:lol:

while back, got into a fight with the X and decided to go for a ride to cool off. while on the bike, i realized i forgot my wallet...well i also forgot to set the kickstand. Down the bike went.

For me it is two things, one night while driving by bike shut off. The lights were all on but engine cut out. Coasted and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to fix what ever is wrong with the bike. Then realized my finger hit the engine cut off button. Man I felt dumb :banghead:

Once when I was new I put tire shine on my tires.....did not end well :banghead:

I did that once right when I got her. while trying to turn her on and she would not start.. man was I crapping bricks :laugh:

Caught the blue light special for 120 in a 50. Oops. :laugh:

:rofl::rofl:

Years ago, cleaning up my dr200 dirtbike and putting armorall on the seat and then taking off for a ride. I slid completely off the bike and watched it coast down the back yard as I was laying on my stomach. More recently, stalling out my busa multiple times leaving a store with people in the parking lot watching. My kick stand was not all the way up and it shut off everytime I put it in gear.:banghead:

Parked one time without putting the kickstand down, stupid:banghead:stupid:banghead:stupid:banghead:

did that a few times myself as the stand wasnt up all the way. :whistle:

Caught the blue light special for 120 in a 50. Oops. :laugh:

you're not alone. :banghead: This was a $1650 oops. Wrong amount the total cost was $1150

ticket3.jpg

Enjoying the throttle too much on a back road within a week or two of having bought my 07. I felt froggy going over a little hump, goosed it hard in third, then noticed that the revs sounded to be coming up a lot faster than they should. So I chopped the throttle and the nose dropped. I was airborne. I didn't expect it, wasn't ready for it, and did the exact wrong thing. I suspect that's the day my left fork seal started leaking. :p

Well lets see quite a few stupid years ago I had gotten off working a Mid shift 6PM-6AM as a Military Cop, jumped on the bike, HD Softail, and proceeded to meet up with my Dad, Commander, and the Motorcycle club we were riding with. Headed towards LA for there last day of no helmet law, spent the day drinking and riding and drinking and sitting and drinking and riding and eating, then around 7 PM (Been up over 29 hours and had quite a few adult beverages throughout the day) decided we didnt wanna stay in New Orleans, dad and I took off almost all the way home, Dad had to keep honking the horn at me cause I was falling asleep for LONG portions of time and wouldnt stop until I got home!!! Should have never Been riding with no sleep, or riding with a few drinks or tried to go home!!! Lesson learned!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Holiday weekend, traffic was full of RV's for miles. Finally opened up and I went into overdrive. 3 miles later and near triple digits, I come over the rise, and 6 California Highway Patrol cars are waiting. There was a speed trap, and I pulled over next to the vehicles and asked, "I'm busted, right". :banghead:

They all smiled and one got out the book and gave me a "Performance Award". Wrote me for only 80 in a 65 because I pulled over and was properly geared up.

at the 2011 Fall Bash at the Phillips Motel...

I LEFT MY BIKE OVER NIGHT WITH THESE GUYS, (i thought it was safe :banghead:), AND WOKE UP TO THIS....

DTA (dont trust anybody)

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

::11:eyes: hold dayum. isnt that an automatic suspension of license ????

I'm not sure about that but the cop did tell me that he would have been will within his rights to take me to jail. But I was going to need my bail money to pay the fines.
I did put the wrong dollar amount. It was only $1150. The ticket it's self was $500 and the lawyer was $600 and $50 went to some kind of police fund. He gave me two tickets one for speeding and one for reckless driving. Both tickets carry a fine of up to $1000. We got the reckless driving charge thrown out and the judge felt $500 was fair. I forget how many points went on my license but they have all been remove now due to time limits.

I'm not sure about that but the cop did tell me that he would have been will within his rights to take me to jail. But I was going to need my bail money to pay the fines.
I did put the wrong dollar amount. It was only $1150. The ticket it's self was $500 and the lawyer was $600 and $50 went to some kind of police fund. He gave me two tickets one for speeding and one for reckless driving. Both tickets carry a fine of up to $1000. We got the reckless driving charge thrown out and the judge felt $500 was fair. I forget how many points went on my license but they have all been remove now due to time limits.

Dang, that really sucks... My 120 in a 50 got me a nice little written warning. I was very lucky.

Another one that was STUPID and scary at the same time. I was stationed in San Diego and headed home from base (Cali lane splitting is legal) So traffic on the I15 was bad but moving about 20 mph, and I have the brilliant idea to try to split 2 moving semi's that were side by side. That was the longest and scariest 110 ft I have ever done in my life. And needless to say I never tried that one again.

Back