Crazy weather check in time... How are you doing where you are?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
A little ice here in central Oklahoma, how are our folks in the Dallas area with the tornadoes and also in the Illinois / Mississippi flood zones?

Let us know how you are doing if you can.

cap

Central Iowa,

Before the 6 inches of "snow" more like thick frost and slush, we had a few extra feet of water in the rivers/lakes ect. Massive flooding ahead of the spring flooding schedule. Many Idiots forgot how to drive in the snow since last winter, but the good news is my clock is correct!

-D

glad you guys are okay, I saw that Semi was underwater too!

It's been in the high 80's and even hit 91 degrees one day. I was looking forward to nicer weather but it's been unseasonably hot.
Predictions for the next few days are for bits of the rain plaguing everyone else to finally get here and cool things down a bit.

My phone went off at 6:20 AM with a siren I had never heard before. It said Take cover tornado heading your way! Not, hey there is rain, or there is etc. Take cover NOW!

So I sleep naked. Always have. The first thing I think of when I get this jolt and am getting up is, I gotta get some clothes on....lol. Then my brain says....eff that TAKE COVER!!!!!

So I haul my naked ass to the bat cave under my staircase. And listen. Nothing. Look at my phone.......says ITS COMING.

So I creep out to a TV and turn it on. If you live here (pointing to my location) you have 8 minutes before it hits. Complete with a TV radar track of where it was and where it was going. It started across the bay just south of Mobile and was tracking across the bay right to me. I'm straight inline. So I again think....my mom will see and hear her son was found naked in the rubble......lol.

And I can now watch it track right to me. CRAP...My brand new roof is gonna never survive this hit. So me...again in my brilliance decide....Hey why watch it on TV, just go out and look at it coming across the bay. That way I can judge for myself how bad it is.

So I do this, go out on my back deck, naked, raining like hell, windy like hell, so I can watch it. DUMB ASS!!!!! TAKE FREAKIN COVER!!!!

But this time I opened my front door so I could view it from the bat cave as I envisioned Auntie Em and ToTo. And I can listen to the TV giving me a play by play.

Then as it got close, the giant vacuum cleaner effect happens. Everything starts getting sucked up into the storm. Rain, leaves, branches....etc. It passed over me, went 3 miles north at the last moment, never actually touched down.

I'm hoping my testicles will eventually come back to their original resting places, because I haven't seen them since then.

It's raining and in the 40s now. I'll take it.

Seen your crazy weather on the news.

Friends and family back in the UK are getting storms and floods.

Down South here in AU we have bush fires,
up North we have had Cyclone warnings.

Here in S/E Queensland its pretty much business as normal.

New Years Eve Ride...

image.jpg

image.jpg

New Year's Day Ride...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My phone went off at 6:20 AM with a siren I had never heard before. It said Take cover tornado heading your way! Not, hey there is rain, or there is etc. Take cover NOW!

So I sleep naked. Always have. The first thing I think of when I get this jolt and am getting up is, I gotta get some clothes on....lol. Then my brain says....eff that TAKE COVER!!!!!

So I haul my naked ass to the bat cave under my staircase. And listen. Nothing. Look at my phone.......says ITS COMING.

So I creep out to a TV and turn it on. If you live here (pointing to my location) you have 8 minutes before it hits. Complete with a TV radar track of where it was and where it was going. It started across the bay just south of Mobile and was tracking across the bay right to me. I'm straight inline. So I again think....my mom will see and hear her son was found naked in the rubble......lol.

And I can now watch it track right to me. CRAP...My brand new roof is gonna never survive this hit. So me...again in my brilliance decide....Hey why watch it on TV, just go out and look at it coming across the bay. That way I can judge for myself how bad it is.

So I do this, go out on my back deck, naked, raining like hell, windy like hell, so I can watch it. DUMB ASS!!!!! TAKE FREAKIN COVER!!!!

But this time I opened my front door so I could view it from the bat cave as I envisioned Auntie Em and ToTo. And I can listen to the TV giving me a play by play.

Then as it got close, the giant vacuum cleaner effect happens. Everything starts getting sucked up into the storm. Rain, leaves, branches....etc. It passed over me, went 3 miles north at the last moment, never actually touched down.

I'm hoping my testicles will eventually come back to their original resting places, because I haven't seen them since then.

It's raining and in the 40s now. I'll take it.

I can so relate... You want to see the thing coming to eat you... Glad your okay!

Tony keep riding and telling us less nice weather fortunate people how good it feels to be free on the roads with the wind in your hair and throttle ready to roll on!

We had our New Years day ride today. It was 39 when I left the house and cloudy at 12 noon. We rode along the top of Lookout Mountain and the temp was 32 the whole time we were on top. Probably rode close to 150 miles and had a great time as usual. Now, come on spring time. :)

Been riding every day recently.
Gave the bikes a day off today.
I was swimming in the Ocean by 8am this morning.
It was 33 degrees C (92-F) on the way home.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

You ever ride up Cunnamulla way?

Not very often, I don't think its ideal for bikes.
I have been out that way a few time with work though.
Lots of open cut mines and gas drilling out that way.

I did have an Aboriginal Grader Driver from there though,
he always said it was home and had a go back to his roots occasionally.

If you know the area, my wife's family are from Charleville, just to the North,
we will head out there when the weather cools down in the middle of the year.

[QUOTE="captain, post: 3174876, member: 18635"

]A little ice here in central Oklahoma,
how are our folks in the Dallas area
with the tornadoes and also in the
Illinois / Mississippi flood zones?

Let us know how you are doing if you can .

cap

[/QUOTE]

Mid 70s and sunny here. Mid to high 60s in the Park, no snow yet even up high. I flew home from St. Paul Sunday and it was snowing there.

Just getting the berm off the driveway!

YEAH! I am old and fat these days.
IMG_1054.JPG

Back