Weather In The Mid West..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
How are you all doing over there in Oklahoma and Kansas?
Weather Channel radar map was showing freezing stuff around Oky City, Emporia, Topeka, and moving this way. Still in the 40's and raining here, but that will change when the sun goes down I'm sure.
Hope you all are well and safe. If your out on the roads, be careful!

Hey, HBT! It's rained pretty steady here since yesterday morning with some pretty intense downpours every once and a while. The temps just slipped below thirty-two the last half hour or so (noon CST) and with the wind it feels like eighteen degrees. Ground temps are still pretty warm and I'm thinking whatever freezing rain/sleet/snow we get in the next twelve to fifteen are gonna hopefully make for better travel than everything freezing into a giant ice-skating rink. My daughter and her husband are heading over to home from your neck-o-the-woods sometime in the next six hours. He works part time for brown and got to play 'jogger' today so they probably won't be able to head this way until later, like after sevenish. I've told them to pack blankets and stay on the main roadway as we have found an 'as the crow flies' route that knocks about a half hour off a little over two hour drive. This shorter route picks up at 96 off I-44 and stays two lane highway/county road until home (Parsons, Ks). Cell phone reception is a little scetchy in some of those areas, so I hope they stay on I-44 at least to Joplin and then the more traveled two laners to home.

Weather.com is officially calling for 4-8 inches in our area starting tonight and ending tommorrow afternoon. How about you guys?

Same here on the amount, up to 8". Winter storm warning starts at 6:00PM here. Calling for up to 40mph winds too, so the ground temp is going to drop quick. Lows down in the teens, going to be a royal mess in the morning.

Just real Rainy and Windy and cold right now. Temp is dropping 37 right now

The winds have just picked up and the temp is starting to drop here in the Tulsa area. The forecast here is supposed to be 3-7" of snow. It is going to come down heavy is why there will be an accumulation.

Temps just dropped below freezing in KC. It's been raining all morning. Elevated areas are already iced over and any non-traveled roads, sidewalks, patios, etc. are icing. The roads are still just wet. It's supposed to change over to freezing rain and then all snow in the next few hours. They are saying we may have 4" - 8" of snow by tomorrow afternoon. YAY! White Christmas! That said, the wind will make conditions even worse, blowing and drifting the snow. There are already Blizzard Warnings out there...

Any one who is traveling, please be safe out there.

Merry Christmas! :santa: :rudolph:

In dallas freezing my butt off.... Was 75 yesterday!!
Posted via Mobile Device

It's snowed 11 inches at my house today with 50 mph winds. It was the worst experience I have had so far getting to the hot tub hahahaahhaaha. We did get in the tub while it was snowing, we have a covered and protected porch and it was great just laying in the lounger and watching it snow.

My windshield was just starting to ice over when I headed home about 8:30. Wind is blowing pretty good, probably 20mph or so. No snow yet, news/weather says around 10:00PM for that to start. Looks like we may get off easy here around Springfield once again. Sure hope so.

Not sure how many inches we have here in BA, but it is still snowing and we cant see the curbs in the streets. We have a few more hours of snow till it quits.

Its been raining here in Ill all day. Love it when home visiting family and weather is crappy...
Posted via Mobile Device

lots o snow here
Banana-on-llama.gif

Yeah, the sun is out! Not supposed to get above freezing, but the sun is out!

Tried to blow the roof off my house last night here in TN!

Back