How is everyone doing?

Been doing good overall and finally got around to getting in some shooting practice with 3 different calibers in a remote location where you can break glass and know it will turn to sand soon enough.

Been laid off for a week and a half and loving it... so many projects and time consuming things to do that have been put off way to long. My family is all gone, but, the in-laws keep things interesting especially now that 2 of them want to get into riding motorcycles.

I give thanks every morning for my health, wife, dogs, country, and so much more.

My work (making conveyors for mining and agriculture) has slowed that we have gone on a work share program. Work for three days and the Prime Minister pays us for the other two. Which has been great to have time to get things done around the house but worries me about 2021 and where the North American economy is going, as those industries are indicators.
Ontario’s COVID numbers has been going up, and now asking us to not getting together with family has gotten my wife down, she loves the holidays so. The idea of not seeing her grandmother, parents, brother and new baby is hard.
Love to your families and be generous to others this Christmas. Thanks for checking in ‘cap

We’ve been doing good, so far. Girlfriend works for an insurance company and it has been very challenging to deal with all the nasty people calling lately. It has taken a toll on her and she is actually ready to find another position or another job all together. is tough to see her so unhappy, but we are both also thankful that she still has a job. I got the short end of the stick at work too, and haven’t even seen my manager in 8 months, because most of the management team was sent home and the 4 front line supervisors (myself included) have been working harder than ever trying to keep the place going. As for family, grandma lost her 8 year battle against Alzheimer 2 months ago and I couldn’t even make it to her small funeral up North and I’m really bummed I won’t be able to get together with my big family these holidays. At least weather down here is getting better and I have started riding more, so that’s always good. All in all I’m just thankful that God has kept my family safe and healthy.

You have a lot to be thankful for surely but still have a lot to deal with too. You really have a great attitude even facing the challenges in front of you.

Cap

My work (making conveyors for mining and agriculture) has slowed that we have gone on a work share program. Work for three days and the Prime Minister pays us for the other two. Which has been great to have time to get things done around the house but worries me about 2021 and where the North American economy is going, as those industries are indicators.
Ontario’s COVID numbers has been going up, and now asking us to not getting together with family has gotten my wife down, she loves the holidays so. The idea of not seeing her grandmother, parents, brother and new baby is hard.
Love to your families and be generous to others this Christmas. Thanks for checking in ‘cap

Man, thinking about others and missing family really helps get our priorities straight doesn't it. I miss my family too and not being able to just pop in and see how things are going... Hang in there, the economy will rebound and we will all get through this together.

Cap

Hey Doug For the most part things are going pretty good. Work still has us on reduced hours but I am kind of liking the 3 day weekends. LOL

Are you still flying all over the country?

Been doing good overall and finally got around to getting in some shooting practice with 3 different calibers in a remote location where you can break glass and know it will turn to sand soon enough.

Been laid off for a week and a half and loving it... so many projects and time consuming things to do that have been put off way to long. My family is all gone, but, the in-laws keep things interesting especially now that 2 of them want to get into riding motorcycles.

I give thanks every morning for my health, wife, dogs, country, and so much more.

Great attitude, sorry for all your challenges and losses that is terrible but you are getting through it and making things happen.

Well its the first day of summer down here so the fine weather can start now lol...its 12degC atm.

Celebrated one of the grandkids 10th birthday yesterday and had lots of family over for dinner - awesome :thumbsup:
Have another grandchild arriving next week :)

Me and my wife have enjoyed rides together and going to Bike Rallies with friends as well as with some of our family members who ride also, many more events to come :beerchug:

We had a country wide lockdown back in March for 3wks and pretty much smashed Covid early, work for me went back to normal after and has carried on that way since back then , i am lucky others not so...

Ill be finishing up rotational shiftwork this month after over 22years , go back to Mon-Fri daytime hours, its a massive paydrop but stuff it :cool:

All in all things are pretty good :D

Well its the first day of summer down here so the fine weather can start now lol...its 12degC atm.

Celebrated one of the grandkids 10th birthday yesterday and had lots of family over for dinner - awesome :thumbsup:
Have another grandchild arriving next week :)

Me and my wife have enjoyed rides together and going to Bike Rallies with friends as well as with some of our family members who ride also, many more events to come :beerchug:

We had a country wide lockdown back in March for 3wks and pretty much smashed Covid early, work for me went back to normal after and has carried on that way since back then , i am lucky others not so...

Ill be finishing up rotational shiftwork this month after over 22years , go back to Mon-Fri daytime hours, its a massive paydrop but stuff it :cool:

All in all things are pretty good :D

Congrats on the grandkids what an amazing responsibility grandparents can be for kids. Enjoy your wife, kids and grandkids, looks like priorities are set right for sure...

Dec 1st came around and flooded my neighbor's finished basement when his sump pump quit...I got the call around 0600 this morning.

I took over my spare sump pump but the damage was done already...his flooring is all wrecked and any cardboard box he had down there is all waterlogged now, The worst part is his 3 boys' bed room is down there and now they have to move upstairs while the basement is renovated...

Congrats on the worms... I think
Hi All. I am doing very good work is very crazy. We a getting more and more people to bring meals to every day. My girl friend is 31 yrs younger than I. She hates that I spend so much money on the bike, and thinks that I will be killed on it. I still need about $49,000.00 to finish it, but there is light at the end of the tunnel [I think ] If I do not spend andother $7,000.00 for the billet head.

Doing good thanks me and my family parents and friends are doing fine hope my friends here are good to Just little worries at the moment like trying to sell my house but not having much luck at the moment On a nice note riding the wheels off my 3 bikes since restrictions have eased :thumbsup:

Anytime you can end your conversation with " riding the wheels off my 3 bikes " is a pretty good way to close out the discussion.

It's pretty early for winter blues my friend... Proud of ya on the drinking thing.. I know you and that is more a decision than a struggle so you will be fine. I have been holding off on getting another busa because I was expecting zuki to release something like a Gen 3. I might just have to go get a moped so I can remember how to keep my balance :)

Hope this finds you well Doug.
Enjoying retirement here in NC, although my business still keeps me busy.
The Busa sits on stands in the corner of the garage and does about 1,000 miles a year. But the smile each ride makes it worth while keeping.
Always wonder how the old gang is doing?
Semi, where has he gone?
VABusa occasionally still visits.
Bluehaya?
Twotonevert occasionally
Twobrothersbusa last seen September
BusaWhipped, November
GSxcite, March
Have not heard from Omslaw in a long time?
Do you still see Steve? You and Steve solving a bike problem together, best entertainment ever.:D

Boom! Had a celebration yesterday. Now my head hurts...lol

20201201_182054.jpg

20201201_190638.jpg

Semi, where has he gone?
VABusa occasionally still visits.
Bluehaya?
Twotonevert occasionally
Twobrothersbusa last seen September
BusaWhipped, November
GSxcite, March
Have not heard from Omslaw in a long time?
Last I heard about Semi was this:

Last edited:
Back