How is everyone doing?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing.. Mentally, physically, financially, spiritually? It's been a crazy 2020 for sure and there is a lot to deal and cope with, a lot of emotion and opinions and we are seeing folks acting out in ways we just know aren't the same as they always have which tells us tension and stress might be getting to folks.

So I ask, how are you? Sometimes just talking through it is all a guy needs to see a little hope on the other side...

Cap...

It's pretty early for winter blues my friend... Proud of ya on the drinking thing.. I know you and that is more a decision than a struggle so you will be fine. I have been holding off on getting another busa because I was expecting zuki to release something like a Gen 3. I might just have to go get a moped so I can remember how to keep my balance :)

Cap

Roller coaster over here. The snow is on the ground so the Viper is put away and racing is done for the year. Not much going on and stuff closing down (live in a small town) so it was slow to begin with. Work is great, the company I work for is amazing so that really helps. My fam and I just suffer as we don't like winter at all and are typically gone most of the winter somewhere hot.

On a really positive note, I'm paying off my house on Tuesday. I'm young and we are now debt free. Bright times ahead!....hopefully...lol

All good here, the bike is away in winter hibernation.....

Went out in the woods cutting some branches yesterday with one of the old senior ladies we look after, we went to her niece's place and it is really something...they have a couple hundred acres with horses and great old log buildings...

Tough year...20/20 is supposed to be perfect vision but in this case 2020 sure is cloudy and dark...

Sprained an ankle, crammed the ankle into the boot cuz I had to ride to work on a Sunday, the winds were pushing me all over the place and I wasn't happy at all except that the Busa was running so well and handled the wind and its injured rider with TLC so I went on a shopping spree when I got back and now I'm happy(ier)

It's pretty early for winter blues my friend... Proud of ya on the drinking thing.. I know you and that is more a decision than a struggle so you will be fine. I have been holding off on getting another busa because I was expecting zuki to release something like a Gen 3. I might just have to go get a moped so I can remember how to keep my balance :)

Cap
A scooter is a great idea; the Zuma is the love of my life lol. Twisties is what I ride for so rain and leaves have put a real damper on it. As far as sobriety, July was two years so the anger thing was an inside joke with myself.

Thanks for this place Cap :bowdown:

Getting better. Our state has gone 31 days without a recorded case of "you know what". Restaurants and such slowly starting to open which is awesome.
Weather is looking awesome and summer just about to kick off. Lots of riding already. Got a 1500k trip with lads planned this weekend. The GF is enjoying being on the back of the bike, although she's not coming this weekend. New wheels due any day soon. Been bought back to 4 days a week at work after 3 days a week since march. Been able to catch up with my sister and her kids, (first time since Xmas) and other friends as we were in a city vs country isolated

Feeling good. Just working on dropping a bit of weight gained this year with 8 months of lockdown.

Thanks for checking in Capt.

I know the epidemic has been hard on a lot of people and I hope the best for all. As for myself, I loved the shutdown, I find the constant change in routine refreshing and I enjoy doing online education. This virus hasn't stopped me from doing any of the things I like to do either. This is the most relaxed I've been in years and the best parts of my life have changed very little. I expect there will always be covid like there always is the flu. We'll all just be a little safer from it once the vaccine comes out.

Was doing pretty good until I just learned my cousin in Kalamazoo died today...I just talked to him the other day and he was in pretty good spirits and didn't mention anything was wrong (other than the usual ailments from getting old and exposure to Agent Orange).

He was a Viet Nam vet and was stationed in Hawaii with the 27th Infantry Regiment Wolfhound unit.

Sad day for sure....the worst part is I can't even go pay my respects...

Roller coaster over here. The snow is on the ground so the Viper is put away and racing is done for the year. Not much going on and stuff closing down (live in a small town) so it was slow to begin with. Work is great, the company I work for is amazing so that really helps. My fam and I just suffer as we don't like winter at all and are typically gone most of the winter somewhere hot.

On a really positive note, I'm paying off my house on Tuesday. I'm young and we are now debt free. Bright times ahead!....hopefully...lol
Congratulations on the house payoff p, that's quite a milestone for a family.

All good here, the bike is away in winter hibernation.....

Went out in the woods cutting some branches yesterday with one of the old senior ladies we look after, we went to her niece's place and it is really something...they have a couple hundred acres with horses and great old log buildings...

Tough year...20/20 is supposed to be perfect vision but in this case 2020 sure is cloudy and dark...
Good on ya for taking care of those that can't do it for themselves!

Getting better. Our state has gone 31 days without a recorded case of "you know what". Restaurants and such slowly starting to open which is awesome.
Weather is looking awesome and summer just about to kick off. Lots of riding already. Got a 1500k trip with lads planned this weekend. The GF is enjoying being on the back of the bike, although she's not coming this weekend. New wheels due any day soon. Been bought back to 4 days a week at work after 3 days a week since march. Been able to catch up with my sister and her kids, (first time since Xmas) and other friends as we were in a city vs country isolated

Feeling good. Just working on dropping a bit of weight gained this year with 8 months of lockdown.

Thanks for checking in Capt.
Dude your killin it! Your community really sounds great.

I'm doing OK, my health is reasonably good, diabetes under control, 30 months since I quit drinking, I've had a few beers on the odd occasion and it gave me a real sore head, and I felt terrible so I've knocked it off altogether.
Spiritually I'm stronger and closer to my Creator than ever, these events recently have reinforced my faith tremendously so I'm good to go and stronger than ever!
I've done a lot of riding recently, and enjoyed the freedom and the solitude of it, the Hayabusa is a wonderful bike, for sure.
Finances are healthy and no complaints there either.
I REALLY enjoy checking in here on a daily basis, and I wanna thank you @captain for providing this place for us all.

I'm doing OK, my health is reasonably good, diabetes under control, 30 months since I quit drinking, I've had a few beers on the odd occasion and it gave me a real sore head, and I felt terrible so I've knocked it off altogether.
Spiritually I'm stronger and closer to my Creator than ever, these events recently have reinforced my faith tremendously so I'm good to go and stronger than ever!
I've done a lot of riding recently, and enjoyed the freedom and the solitude of it, the Hayabusa is a wonderful bike, for sure.
Finances are healthy and no complaints there either.
I REALLY enjoy checking in here on a daily basis, and I wanna thank you @captain for providing this place for us all.

Sounds like your making it through this crazy 2020 and doing okay. Any tips or suggestions on how your keeping focused and doing so well?

We’ve been doing good, so far. Girlfriend works for an insurance company and it has been very challenging to deal with all the nasty people calling lately. It has taken a toll on her and she is actually ready to find another position or another job all together. is tough to see her so unhappy, but we are both also thankful that she still has a job. I got the short end of the stick at work too, and haven’t even seen my manager in 8 months, because most of the management team was sent home and the 4 front line supervisors (myself included) have been working harder than ever trying to keep the place going. As for family, grandma lost her 8 year battle against Alzheimer 2 months ago and I couldn’t even make it to her small funeral up North and I’m really bummed I won’t be able to get together with my big family these holidays. At least weather down here is getting better and I have started riding more, so that’s always good. All in all I’m just thankful that God has kept my family safe and healthy.

Back