Busas can't turn.

Yup, the Busa just simply can't turn... that's why I take it to trackdays... so I have to stop, put my feet down, and turn the bike, meanwhile the 600s are screaming by me...

oh, wait a minute, thats me passing all the 600s
firedevil.gif

Now Charles, if you have never had a 600 pass you, it's time to get out of the beginners group and move up with the bigger kids
poke.gif

Chas has a special set of "narrow" busa plastics that keep him from scapping the sides when he turns, and Big O has a set too.
cool.gif

Here's another pic of a Busa turn'in

post-67-76038-IMG_1114__Medium_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only had a few smaller cc riders tell me the busa is nice but can't corner. I tell them unless they rode one thru the curves they really can't judge. Of course with equal riders a smaller cc sportbike will outcorner a busa when going all out. But how many roads can you do that on? I tell them unless you live on a racetrack or set of curves your only going to enjoy your better cornering ability so many times in your daily ride. Which is why i enjoy my busa's insane acceleration, top end, stability, comfort, wind protection ALL the time and it's decent cornering ability when i do finally hit curves on one of my 5 hour rides let along all day tours. I then ask how well their race replica tours or how good it feels after a few hours of non-stop riding....they don't say much or have to leave for some odd reason.

Reality....it really bites the bullshitters hardest.

Now Charles, if you have never had a 600 pass you, it's time to get out of the beginners group and move up with the bigger kids  
poke.gif
Nah, I get passed by 600s too, when I run in "A" group  
firedevil.gif

But I pass them 600s in "B" group  
winkold.gif
I tip my hat to you my friend. At least you are honest! You and I both know a quality rider on a well tuned 600 will spank a busa on the track every day of the week.

Actually, we have a local rider here who rides an SV650 that will cut five seconds a lap off the best busa riders I have witnessed.

While skill is the major factor with any competition, the busa is simply outmatched in the agility department. And for those of you who think you can make up the lost time on the straights has never been in the A group astride your beloved busa. Another point I can correct some of you on (I think Charles will agree since he appears to ride that busa with great skill) is don't think you can out muscle a 600 on the exit of a corner, you can't! A well tuned 600 will spin the rear on corner exit just like your busa will and you are pushing an additional 100 pounds. If you have doubts, take your busa to the track, sign up in the A group. Unless you have magical powers, you will be in for a very humbling experience.

So my recommendations to anyone who challenges a competitor on a smaller more agile bike, unless you are confident your competitor is lacking skills, don't bet any cash that you can't afford to loose!

I dearly love my busa but I am wise enough to know it's limitations.

Not to mention I'd bet 99% of the 600s in "A" group are not stock with a lot of them burning race gas
winkold.gif

Hey, I have a pic like that.
cool.gif

busa-scrapes-700.jpg

And yes, all stock ride height. Leaned so far over, well, you get the idea. Actually it was pretty scary as I wasn't expecting it, just railin' through the twisties on Hwy 1 and heard that scrappin' noise. Oop! Leaned over a little too far.
beerchug.gif

Did that on Hwy 1, actually not far from where I shot the pic of Doyle on page 1.
thumb_up.gif

Hwy1-1-650.jpg

Not to mention I'd bet 99% of the 600s in "A" group are not stock with a lot of them burning race gas  
winkold.gif
Yep, you are right, many of them are running race gas. The engines in most race bikes have been piped, maped, head shaved along with a few other minor enhancments but the engine cannot be modified. So most of them are putting out and additional 10-12 Hp over stock. They are still no match for the power or speed of your stock busa.

My son rides his wifes bone stock GSXR600 shod with stock BTO14's most of the time when he instructs. Amazingly, he can turn times on that little beast burning regular gas, that are faster than many of the racers in that class. He tells me that suspension and brakes are much more important than Horse Power. Brakes are his most important tool. That kid is vicious on the brakes and brakes all the way to the apex. He tells me if I want to keep up, I have to be either on the brakes or on the throttle all the time, no coasting! I just tell him I hope to be as fast as he is when I grow up!
hello.gif

winkold.gif
Charles is a MONSTER ON HIS BUSA!! I'm on the edge on my Gixx1K trying to keep up with his azz!!

But remember Charles, 600's have the corner speed and drive coming out of the corners too. So when they're slinging down a massive straight past a Busa, it may look like a modded 600 but it's prolly just great corner speed and drive. But I'm sure many race group 600's have had some work too.

Actually, we have a local rider here who rides an SV650 that will cut five seconds a lap off the best busa riders I have witnessed.
Hellz yeah!! That's gonna be my next trackbike just so I'll have more classes to race in when/if I turn expert with WSMC and WERA. 650 Superbike and Superstock.

I've seen a full race prepped 650 go for $3000 or less. ANd they are crazy fast under the skill of a great rider/racer. You can actually learn so much more on a bike like that compared to a larger displacement bike. Which is why I don't doubt that SV guy can whoop on the best Busa rider.

I never hear the fast riders talk about how fast they are.

--Wag--

I heard the Iron butt thing before but it would require a 41 mph average for all 24 hours...

Taking into account no less than 5 fuel stops and at least 1 pee stop and turn around time, you are going to lose at least an hour making the averagle 43 mph.

Is that even possible?
Its possible. I won't post what my average speed through the Dragon is, you can get an idea from seeing the pics of me on the track. Yellow Wolf passed me in the Dragon on a short straight with authority. But it would only count for personal satisfaction (and adverising since he had a business there at the time), not as an official iron butt ride. Unless he was able to get one of the IBA officers to attend in person and witness it.

That kid is vicious on the brakes and brakes all the way to the apex. He tells me if I want to keep up, I have to be either on the brakes or on the throttle all the time, no coasting! I just tell him I hope to be as fast as he is when I grow up!  
hello.gif
Yeah, that's my weakest point, trail braking. Not a lot of room for error if you screw up though.
wowold.gif

And since I do this for fun, no sense risking too much. As long as I'm having fun, its all good
cool.gif

That kid is vicious on the brakes and brakes all the way to the apex. He tells me if I want to keep up, I have to be either on the brakes or on the throttle all the time, no coasting! I just tell him I hope to be as fast as he is when I grow up!  
hello.gif
Yeah, that's my weakest point, trail braking.  Not a lot of room for error if you screw up though.  
wowold.gif

And since I do this for fun, no sense risking too much.  As long as I'm having fun, its all good  
cool.gif
I spend a lot of time at the track. Since I sponser a race team they actually let me hang out with them as well. Takes a pile of cash to keep those boys up and running. But I do get free instruction when I want it and sometimes when I don't ask
argue.gif
It's all fun except on race day and then it's all business.

Just like you, I do it simply for fun and I ride well within my limits. I like taking my scooter home in one piece and I don't heal up as quickly as I use to. I don't brake all the way to the apex either but I am on the throttle early. My tire bill is a regular reminder
crazy.gif

When I was going to the track the REALLY fast guys were on beat to  $hit 600s and 750s ,  and they didnt need race gas.
I was on a 1000 then , and it sucked because I had no exuses for being slow LOL

Back