Pictures of Busa riders Draggin' Knee

You guys rock ! Great pics :bowdown: After you show him those you can tell him how many other bikes can do that and do 9 sec qtr miles and 200 mph speed runs.:thumbsup:

Hey Mark. Steve-o and I will be all over track days again this year. Hope to see you out there.

You won't believe this, but I went back in my bank statements for 08...I did 19 track days last year! I've got 19 19 19 19 19 do I hear 20 20 20 20 20 19 20 19 20...sorry, too much barrett jackson.

I'll be out there...no doubt!! I look forward to riding with you again!

Oh..make sure you bring along an extra windscreen..ya never know when I might need one again.:laugh:

Mark, you simply must make one of Sully's school days followed by a track day in Spokane. First day is spent with an instructor and the second day is track day only. Most of the time it's just divided up into two 30 minute sessions so you get lots of track time to practice dragging your knee and playing with your buds. Late Apex and I always play with each other out there and it's just a blast. Only two school events at Spokane this year so be sure to make one, preferably in May since August will be blazing hot. GregBob will be there too. I'm sure GregBob will show you all his tricks if you promise not to share them with the enemy. :whistle:

The two day deal might be tough to do...but I'll certainly shoot for it! Either way, I plan on getting out there again this season.

some of those guys are draggin knee and not leaned over any farther than I lean, yet I never go that low (body, not bike)

Does anyone think that it is more for 'style' or looks rather than the optimal way to take a corner?

Just a few thoughts.... i have scanned through most of the posts on this thread... may have missed a few, but there was no mention of the aerodynamics involved in hanging out a knee,
I am by no means a racers.... was always a drag racing guy..and this is my first sport bike.
I do remember learning about braking and cornering... In late braking you sit up,,,, get your chest in air... slide back on seat to keep weight back... and both knees out.... Like an air brake....let bike settle draw one knee in and pick your mark....Like the rudder on an aircraft.... the inside knee draws the object in motion in that direction??
As for the knee dragging.....{never did it} does it actually act like an outrigger..... or like a PLANT in skiiing?
Interested in the comments in these too subjects....

Just a few thoughts.... i have scanned through most of the posts on this thread... may have missed a few, but there was no mention of the aerodynamics involved in hanging out a knee,
I am by no means a racers.... was always a drag racing guy..and this is my first sport bike.
I do remember learning about braking and cornering... In late braking you sit up,,,, get your chest in air... slide back on seat to keep weight back... and both knees out.... Like an air brake....let bike settle draw one knee in and pick your mark....Like the rudder on an aircraft.... the inside knee draws the object in motion in that direction??
As for the knee dragging.....{never did it} does it actually act like an outrigger..... or like a PLANT in skiiing?
Interested in the comments in these too subjects....

The initial extension of your knee out will act like a sail & start to lean the bike. You adjust your body position forward & off the bike, lowering your center of gravity, yet keeping the bike more upright & thus a larger contact patch of tread. Dragging a knee is used more to judge the distance of the lean angle to the ground. I also use it as added stability & once saved the bike from low siding when I hit some oil. I was able to support some weight on my knee long enough to kick down on the clean pavement & push the bike up. Kevin (VMAN1300) I believe has saved his bike before w/ his knee too.

Knee dragging= new bike parts for me LOL. i'll just stick to crusin and drag racing. Much props too all that can do it though.

+100. I totally agree with you. I have a 99 750 beater bike that I thought about learning how to drag knees on, but then I thought, Why? I will never do it on my K6 LE, and the Gixxer is sort of on it's last legs, so, what would the point be for me??? I love watchin' folks do it, Just not for me, kinda like stuntin'. Awesome to watch, I just don't want the be replacing parts for no real reason.

Ha! I'm still alive :whistle:

HE LIVES!!!! HOW YA DOIN' MY FRIEND!!?? :welcome: I TRULY MISS OUR LITTLE TRACKDAY EXCURSIONS!!
You in TX yet? Or gonna hang it out in Cali for a while?

displayimage.php

Last edited:
Back