Draggin-a-Knee

Great read on this one. I feel that the knee drag is just a product of aggressive counter steering. I use the legs to help set up and correct for aggressive steering in/out of corners. The knee drag happens when that aggressiveness takes the bike into a deep lean angle beyond 40Ëš. However, coming off the bike and the knee drag that follows will allow for far more speed in the corners.
Food for thought:
lurk.gif
Look at the stunters who perform the slow no hand circles. They use hanging off of the bike as the only means to steer. It's all in the legs and inner thighs.
super.gif

Great read on this one. I feel that the knee drag is just a product of aggressive counter steering. I use the legs to help set up and correct for aggressive steering in/out of corners. The knee drag happens when that aggressiveness takes the bike into a deep lean angle beyond 40Ëš. However, coming off the bike and the knee drag that follows will allow for far more speed in the corners.
Food for thought:
lurk.gif
Look at the stunters who perform the slow no hand circles. They use hanging off of the bike as the only means to steer. It's all in the legs and inner thighs.
super.gif
Do it right, according to Freddie Spencer (and now me, because of him), and you'll not be countersteering at all in hard corners, and especially not at the track. To those that come to Pahrump in March, I'll show you knee dragging with one hand off the bars and on the ground, with a light touch on the bars with the remaining hand, using body maneuvering, throttle and brake to steer (I bet CharlesBusa does the same), totally negating the need for countersteering.

Knee dragging is an effect of corner speed and body position, as well as a tried and true tactic to turn tighter and with added safety.

Pics to follow on March 17th!

lurk.gif
I can't wait to drag a knee at the track! I've never even been to the track but soon I will!!!! Hopefully my little ass can do it....

Food for thought:
lurk.gif
super.gif
Do it right, according to Freddie Spencer (and now me, because of him), and you'll not be countersteering at all in hard corners, and especially not at the track. To those that come to Pahrump in March, I'll show you knee dragging with one hand off the bars and on the ground, with a light touch on the bars with the remaining hand, using body maneuvering, throttle and brake to steer (I bet CharlesBusa does the same), totally negating the need for countersteering.

Knee dragging is an effect of corner speed and body position, as well as a tried and true tactic to turn tighter and with added safety.

Pics to follow on March 17th!
Dude,
I can't argue with your personal experience, but I feel that body position (knee dragging being this case) has a lot to do with aiding counter steering at any speed, especially above 20-25 mph. Thus, becoming more crucial as the speed increases. I'm quite sure that you can ride the corners the way you said too
super.gif
. If you can, post up some links to the mentioned technique for us all. I learn something new everyday:beerchug:

super.gif

Back