knee draggin

This is what drags on the left side! Lamb has learned how to lean off his bike better since these pics were taken, but the bike is capable of outstanding lean angle and performance in the twisties.

engine_case_2.jpg

(Lamb busa @ Oct. 18 2006,19:53) This is what drags on the ground on the right side first!  
Missile doesn't handle?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yeah right!!!
lol lamb...after reading this topic I knew this picture would come up sometime!
beerchug.gif

With stock suspension, it can be done but one must be smooth and allow the machine to settle on the suspension before entering the turn.

With a proper set up fork and shock, you can break hard all the way to the start of the corner.

I cannot emphisize how much a new set of springs, revalve and a reworked shock will help the Busa in the turns.

You don't have to drag your knee to be a fast rider. Alot of times getting a knee down is the next step in the evolution of going faster. It can catch you off guard.

(Lamb busa @ Oct. 18 2006,11:53) This is what drags on the ground on the right side first!  
Missile doesn't handle?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yeah right!!!
wow.gif

I had that same damage on my old Busa fairing. That's why I started "hanging off" more to avoid contact with hard parts.

(Lamb busa @ Oct. 18 2006,11:56) but the bike is capable of outstanding lean angle and performance in the twisties.
+1

The crazy thing is if not for the hard parts scraping, busa could lean a bit further.
cool.gif

(xzvs @ Oct. 18 2006,09:49) Gtr got a knee down on our last socal ride
Whoa! I remember that. And that was to keep from going down as my entry speed was too fast for that decreasing radius over in Mesa Grade.
eek2.gif

That def shocked that crap outta me as I thought I was going down.

so,,, you will actually scrape parts, (giving good road conditions,tires,rider) before the Busa looses traction???

Oh yeah. You'd be VERY Surprised how well she can take a lean angle. When I used to track my old busa, all the other guys on liters and 600's were trippin on how I was able to knee drag, keep corner speed and keep up with most (not all) of them. Late braking is where she is weakest.

(gtrpimp76 @ Oct. 19 2006,15:27) Late braking is where she is weakest.
Yep even with a Brembo m/c, lines and race pads, I could use more woah........

It comes down to a weight issue at track speeds.

1 Busa= 500lbs
1 well fed Vman= 340lbs

1 Gsxr 1k= 400lbs
1 heavy rider = 250lbs

Both are capable of nearly the same speed on the straights.

Well , I don't have the knee pucks so I can't drag , But ... I do have a stretched busa and still drag something !! I noticed this when I was in the garage the other night. These are some spikes that are getting wore down from leaning over . Its the
super.gif
same on both sides .

xcgxv.JPG

You guys are my heros ... I'm working it too ... I'm no expert but I think a lot depends on the tires ... as in relatively new "sticky ones" ... agree that you can crawl around on a Busa more than others ... I live in FL so get the "straight line" stuff all the time but the Busa is fully capable of twisties - probably more than I am!! and its FUN!
super.gif

I have always wondered how low i could go, I get so nervous when turning cause i cant afford to replace things if i go down. I do have a brand new set of mich corsa's that have more tread on the sides for turning than my stock set had in the middle! I didnt know tires could grip that well
SHOCKED.gif

Back